Tropical Immunity Smoothie BowlJemma O'Hanlon
- 1 Australian papaya
- 2 Australian passion fruit
- Flesh of 1 Australian custard apple, seeds removed
- ½ Australian banana (use the other half for the topping)
- 2 tbsp coconut yoghurt
- 1 tbsp toasted coconut flakes
- ½ sliced Australian banana
- 2 tbsp Australian blueberries
- 2 tbsp Australian hazelnuts
- Slice whole papaya in half, scoop out the seeds and throw these away, then remove some extra flesh to create a deeper hollow. Keep the extra flesh.
- Place papaya flesh and other smoothie ingredients in a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Crush hazelnuts lightly in a mortar and pestle.
- Pour the smoothie mixture into each of the papaya ‘bowls’, top with sliced banana, fresh blueberries, toasted coconut flakes and crushed hazelnuts.
Tip: When in season, swap the Australian custard apple for the flesh of 1 Australian mango, or 2 small Australian peaches, nectarines, apricots or plums. Swap coconut yoghurt for regular yoghurt for a protein boost.
To find out more head to Hort Innovation
Ingredients: Makes 28 portions 12 eggs 800gm 900gm caster sugar 675gm 68% Madagascar chocolate 675gm-unsalted butter 225gm ground macadamia meal 225gm cocoa powder 300gm macadamia nuts Method: Preheat oven to 150 degrees Grease and line sponge tray with parchment...
Ingredients: 1 cup semolina 1 cup almonds, blanched, toasted and roughly chopped 2 cups self raising flour, sifted 2 tsp baking powder Rind of 1 lemon 6 eggs 250g butter at room temp Juice of 2 oranges 2 tbsp cognac or brandy 1 cup of caster. Sugar Shredded coconut as...
Ingredients: Makes 12 ¾ cup Australian almonds 1/3 cup rolled oats 2 tbsp cacao powder ½ tsp vanilla extract 12 medjool dates 3 tbsp cacao nibs 1 tbsp Australian almond oil Method: In a food processor blend ¼ cup of the almonds until they are crushed lightly but not...
Ingredients: Makes 2 small jars of jam and nut butter Jam ¼ cup fresh Australian raspberries ¼ cup fresh Australian blackberries ¼ cup fresh Australian strawberries ¼ cup fresh Australian blueberries ¼ cup fresh Australian red seedless grapes Splash Water ¼ cup chia...
Ingredients: Serves two 1/2 cup very cold vodka Juice of two limes 2 tablespoons sugar syrup 1/2 cup fresh raspberries 1/2 cup blueberries Approx 500ml sparkling water Ice Method: Bring together the vodka, lime juice, sugar syrup, raspberries, blueberries and...
Ingredients: 8 egg yolks 1 tsp vanilla extract 3 cups white sugar 3 litres of milk Pinch of salt 120g butter 2 cups semolina 15 sheets of fillo pastry 150g butter melted (approx.) Icing sugar + cinnamon to serve Method: Separate egg yolks from whites Add vanilla...