Tropical Immunity Smoothie BowlJemma O'Hanlon
- 1 Australian papaya
- 2 Australian passion fruit
- Flesh of 1 Australian custard apple, seeds removed
- ½ Australian banana (use the other half for the topping)
- 2 tbsp coconut yoghurt
- 1 tbsp toasted coconut flakes
- ½ sliced Australian banana
- 2 tbsp Australian blueberries
- 2 tbsp Australian hazelnuts
- Slice whole papaya in half, scoop out the seeds and throw these away, then remove some extra flesh to create a deeper hollow. Keep the extra flesh.
- Place papaya flesh and other smoothie ingredients in a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Crush hazelnuts lightly in a mortar and pestle.
- Pour the smoothie mixture into each of the papaya ‘bowls’, top with sliced banana, fresh blueberries, toasted coconut flakes and crushed hazelnuts.
Tip: When in season, swap the Australian custard apple for the flesh of 1 Australian mango, or 2 small Australian peaches, nectarines, apricots or plums. Swap coconut yoghurt for regular yoghurt for a protein boost.
To find out more head to Hort Innovation
Ingredients: 185 g dates 1 cup water 60g butter 2 eggs 185g self raising flour 185g sugar 1tsp baking powder ½ tsp vanilla paste Butterscotch Sauce: 1 cup cream ¾ cup brown sugar 2 tbsp butter Pinch of salt Method: Bring the dates and water to a boil, then remove from...
Ingredients: 4 Lady Finger Bananas Woodchips for smoking in a fire or hibachi Dulce De Leche Creme: 2 Tbsp Dulce de leche 200ml Cream Chocolate Sauce: 150ml full-fat milk 150ml double cream 300g dark chocolate, broken into pieces 1 tsp vanilla extract To Serve: 1 tbsp...
Ingredients: 3 eggs, separated 6 tbsp caster sugar 500 g mascarpone cream 500ml espresso coffee 80ml marsala 500g savoiardi biscotti ( 1 large packet ) Dark chocolate, to grate Cocoa powder, to dust Method: Beat the egg yolks and half the sugar in a bowl for 5 minutes...
Ingredients: 1 pear, peeled and cored, diced 1 tsp ground cinnamon 125g unsalted butter ½ cup caster sugar 2 eggs 1 ½ cups plain flour 1 tsp baking powder Salt Streusal Crumb: 40g unsalted butter, chilled, diced 1/3 cup plain flour 2 Tbsp caster sugar Salt Method:...
Ingredients: 2 eggs 1 cup sugar ¾ cup vegetable oil 1 tsp vanilla essence 2 cups grated carrot 1 ¼ cups plain flour 1 tsp baking soda 2-3 tsp cinnamon 2-3 tsp mixed spice ½ tsp salt Lime Cream Cheese: 200g cream cheese, room temperature 1 ½ cups icing sugar, sifted...
Ingredients: Serves: 4 ¼ cup Nutella 8 thick slices of brioche 3 eggs ¼ cup milk 1 vanilla bean, scraped 40g butter 2 lady finger bananas 2 Tablespoons caster sugar 160g unsalted butter ¼ cup pistachios, chopped ¼ cup maple syrup Edible flowers to garnish Ice cream to...