Tropical Immunity Smoothie BowlJemma O'Hanlon
- 1 Australian papaya
- 2 Australian passion fruit
- Flesh of 1 Australian custard apple, seeds removed
- ½ Australian banana (use the other half for the topping)
- 2 tbsp coconut yoghurt
- 1 tbsp toasted coconut flakes
- ½ sliced Australian banana
- 2 tbsp Australian blueberries
- 2 tbsp Australian hazelnuts
- Slice whole papaya in half, scoop out the seeds and throw these away, then remove some extra flesh to create a deeper hollow. Keep the extra flesh.
- Place papaya flesh and other smoothie ingredients in a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Crush hazelnuts lightly in a mortar and pestle.
- Pour the smoothie mixture into each of the papaya ‘bowls’, top with sliced banana, fresh blueberries, toasted coconut flakes and crushed hazelnuts.
Tip: When in season, swap the Australian custard apple for the flesh of 1 Australian mango, or 2 small Australian peaches, nectarines, apricots or plums. Swap coconut yoghurt for regular yoghurt for a protein boost.
To find out more head to Hort Innovation
Ingredients: 250g Plain Flour 250g Bread flour 1 tsp baking powder 1 tsp sea salt 125g Butter, unsalted 125g Light brown sugar 125g Caster Sugar 1 large Egg 1 tsp vanilla extract 100g Dark chocolate block 100g White chocolate chips Method: Preheat oven to 180 degrees...
Ingredients: 150g raisins 100ml grappa 400g plain flour 10g yeast 115g sugar 2 eggs 150ml milk 30g toasted pine nuts Zest 1 orange Zest 1 lemon 50g chopped candied fruit Canola oil, for frying Method: Soak the raisins in grappa and let them plump up for 5 minutes,...
Ingredients: 600g assorted stone fruit* Extra virgin olive oil 1 lemon 1 vanilla bean 300g thick Greek yoghurt 2 tbsp floral honey 50g salted macadamia, coarsely chopped Method: Cut and drizzle fruit with olive oil and grill, cut sides down, until juicy and charred,...
Ingredients:Serves 2 4x scoops Ensure chocolate powder 1 cup milk ½ cup cream 1 tbsp. caster sugar 1 tbsp. cornflour 1 tbsp. cocoa powder, sifted 2 tbsp. boiling water 2 egg yolks Shaved dark chocolate and fresh berries to serve Method: Gently heat the milk and cream...
Ingredients: Serves 1 1 1⁄2 cups frozen mixed berries 3 teaspoons chia seeds 1 cup natural yoghurt 3 scoops Ensure Vanilla Powder 3 tablespoons oats 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon 1⁄2 kiwifruit, sliced (try keeping the skin on) 1 tablespoon dry roasted almonds, roughly...
Ingredients: 175g Oats 3 ripe bananas 1 egg 1 tbsp honey 1/2 tsp baking powder 3 tbsp almond butter 1 punnet of frozen blueberries Pinch of salt Method: 1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees2. Puree the bananas together in a mixing bowl, until a thick paste. Fold in the...