Tumeric Latte Porridge with Poached PearsJemma O'Hanlon
- ½ cup rolled oats
- 2 cups milk
- ¼ tsp ground turmeric
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp ground ginger
- ½ vanilla bean (optional)
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- ½ tbsp hemp seeds
- 2 tbsp Australian pistachios
- 2 tbsp Australian macadamias
- 1 tbsp Australian sultanas
- 2 Australian prunes
- 1 Australian beurre bosc pear
- Dollop yoghurt
- Small handful fresh Australian blueberries
- Remaining Australian pistachios and macadamias
- ¼ Australian nashi pear
- Slice pear, removing core (keep a couple of slices separate for serving).
- Chop nuts roughly. Set some aside for serving. Slice prunes into quarters.
- In a medium to large saucepan, place all of the porridge ingredients and sliced pear.
- Bring to the boil, then reduce to simmer, stirring regularly until the porridge thickens. Add more milk if you prefer a thinner porridge.
- Remove vanilla bean prior to serving. Serve with a dollop of yoghurt, a fan of nashi pear
slices, and the remaining macadamias, pistachios and fresh blueberries scattered over the top.
Tip: For something different, try a pear and chocolate porridge by substituting the turmeric, cinnamon and ginger with 1 tbsp cacao powder. The kids will love it!
Banana Breakfast Bar
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at JC’s Quality Foods Ingredients: 1 ½ cups raw cashews 1 ½ desiccated coconut 3 medium ripe bananas, peeled and chopped 10 fresh dates, pitted 2 tsp vanilla extract ⅓ cup raw cacao powder ½ tsp bicarbonate of...
Ingredients: 500g unsalted room temp butter + extra for greasing 250g self-raising flour + extra for dusting 250g golden caster sugar 5 large free-range eggs 100ml milk ½ tsp vanilla extract ½ tp baking powder 250g quality dark chocolate (70%) 100g icing sugar 300g...
Raspberry Grappa Jam Drops
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at JC’s Quality Foods Ingredients: 2 cups (300g) Buckwheat flour 1 ½ cups almond meal 1 tsp ground cinnamon ½ tsp sea salt flakes ¾ cup maple syrup ½ cup vegetable oil ⅓ cup raspberry jam Method: Preheat the...
Deep Fried Apple Pie
Ingredients: Oil, for frying For the Pastry: 250g plain white flour 90g cornflour 70g caster sugar 3g sea salt 70g cold unsalted butter, cut into pieces 10ml cider vinegar 120g water For the Filling: 4 Granny Smiths apples, peeled, cored & roughly chopped 65g...
Crème Brûlèe Donuts
Ingredients:Makes 12 donuts Oil, for frying For the Dough: 1 cup lukewarm milk 1 tbsp dried yeast 1/3 cup caster sugar 3 egg yolks 1 tsp vanilla paste 4 tbsp soft butter 4 1/4 cups plain flour For the Custard: 1/2 cup sugar 3 tbsp cornflour 2 cups milk 4 yolks 2 tsps...
Banana Crepes with Banana Caramel
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Perfection Fresh Ingredients: 200g plain flour 100 caster sugar 200ml milk, full fat 1 whole egg 1 egg yolk 50g butter Icing sugar, for dusting For Bananas: 75g caster sugar 30g butter, salted Banana...