Tumeric Latte Porridge with Poached PearsJemma O'Hanlon
- ½ cup rolled oats
- 2 cups milk
- ¼ tsp ground turmeric
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp ground ginger
- ½ vanilla bean (optional)
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- ½ tbsp hemp seeds
- 2 tbsp Australian pistachios
- 2 tbsp Australian macadamias
- 1 tbsp Australian sultanas
- 2 Australian prunes
- 1 Australian beurre bosc pear
- Dollop yoghurt
- Small handful fresh Australian blueberries
- Remaining Australian pistachios and macadamias
- ¼ Australian nashi pear
- Slice pear, removing core (keep a couple of slices separate for serving).
- Chop nuts roughly. Set some aside for serving. Slice prunes into quarters.
- In a medium to large saucepan, place all of the porridge ingredients and sliced pear.
- Bring to the boil, then reduce to simmer, stirring regularly until the porridge thickens. Add more milk if you prefer a thinner porridge.
- Remove vanilla bean prior to serving. Serve with a dollop of yoghurt, a fan of nashi pear
slices, and the remaining macadamias, pistachios and fresh blueberries scattered over the top.
Tip: For something different, try a pear and chocolate porridge by substituting the turmeric, cinnamon and ginger with 1 tbsp cacao powder. The kids will love it!
Ingredients: Makes 28 portions 12 eggs 800gm 900gm caster sugar 675gm 68% Madagascar chocolate 675gm-unsalted butter 225gm ground macadamia meal 225gm cocoa powder 300gm macadamia nuts Method: Preheat oven to 150 degrees Grease and line sponge tray with parchment...
Ingredients: 1 cup semolina 1 cup almonds, blanched, toasted and roughly chopped 2 cups self raising flour, sifted 2 tsp baking powder Rind of 1 lemon 6 eggs 250g butter at room temp Juice of 2 oranges 2 tbsp cognac or brandy 1 cup of caster. Sugar Shredded coconut as...
Ingredients: Makes 12 ¾ cup Australian almonds 1/3 cup rolled oats 2 tbsp cacao powder ½ tsp vanilla extract 12 medjool dates 3 tbsp cacao nibs 1 tbsp Australian almond oil Method: In a food processor blend ¼ cup of the almonds until they are crushed lightly but not...
Ingredients: Makes 2 small jars of jam and nut butter Jam ¼ cup fresh Australian raspberries ¼ cup fresh Australian blackberries ¼ cup fresh Australian strawberries ¼ cup fresh Australian blueberries ¼ cup fresh Australian red seedless grapes Splash Water ¼ cup chia...
Ingredients: Serves two 1/2 cup very cold vodka Juice of two limes 2 tablespoons sugar syrup 1/2 cup fresh raspberries 1/2 cup blueberries Approx 500ml sparkling water Ice Method: Bring together the vodka, lime juice, sugar syrup, raspberries, blueberries and...
Ingredients: 8 egg yolks 1 tsp vanilla extract 3 cups white sugar 3 litres of milk Pinch of salt 120g butter 2 cups semolina 15 sheets of fillo pastry 150g butter melted (approx.) Icing sugar + cinnamon to serve Method: Separate egg yolks from whites Add vanilla...