Tumeric Latte Porridge with Poached PearsJemma O'Hanlon
- ½ cup rolled oats
- 2 cups milk
- ¼ tsp ground turmeric
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp ground ginger
- ½ vanilla bean (optional)
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- ½ tbsp hemp seeds
- 2 tbsp Australian pistachios
- 2 tbsp Australian macadamias
- 1 tbsp Australian sultanas
- 2 Australian prunes
- 1 Australian beurre bosc pear
- Dollop yoghurt
- Small handful fresh Australian blueberries
- Remaining Australian pistachios and macadamias
- ¼ Australian nashi pear
- Slice pear, removing core (keep a couple of slices separate for serving).
- Chop nuts roughly. Set some aside for serving. Slice prunes into quarters.
- In a medium to large saucepan, place all of the porridge ingredients and sliced pear.
- Bring to the boil, then reduce to simmer, stirring regularly until the porridge thickens. Add more milk if you prefer a thinner porridge.
- Remove vanilla bean prior to serving. Serve with a dollop of yoghurt, a fan of nashi pear
slices, and the remaining macadamias, pistachios and fresh blueberries scattered over the top.
Tip: For something different, try a pear and chocolate porridge by substituting the turmeric, cinnamon and ginger with 1 tbsp cacao powder. The kids will love it!
Ingredients:BASE 3 Egg Yolks 1/2 cup Caster Sugar 125g soft butter 2 cups Self-Raising flour 1 cup orange juice Vanilla TOPPING 3 egg whites 1/2 cup caster sugar 1 cup desiccated coconut Method: Beat butter and sugar until creamy. Add yolks and vanilla. Fold in the...
Ingredients: Plant-based milk Chia seeds Cacao powder Maple syrup Vanilla extract or paste Method: Combine all of the ingredients in a high-speed blender and blend until smooth. If you prefer to eat the seeds whole, you can skip the blender and combine the ingredients...
This recipe is brought to you by our friends at Healthy Life.Ingredients: 2 salmon fillets, skin off 1 cup edamame beans, frozen and blanched 1 Lebanese cucumber, sliced thinly 1 carrot, ribboned 1 avocado, diced 1/2 bunch spring onions, sliced 1 cup cooked brown...
Ingredients: 7 gm (1 sachet) dried yeast 360 gm plain flour 55 gm (¼ cup) caster sugar 150 ml lukewarm milk 40 gm softened butter 1 egg 250 gm milk chocolate, finely chopped 190 gm crème fraîche 70 ml pouring cream For deep-frying: vegetable oil 3-4 Tim Tams, coarsely...
Ingredients: 4 cups full cream milk 1/2 cup medium-grain rice 1 + 1/2 cups of water 1/4 tsp salt 1/2 cup caster sugar 2 tbs heaped tbsp cornflour 1 Vanilla bean or 1 tsp vanilla bean paste Traditional topping option Greek Cinnamon to dust the top Or Lotus Biscoff...
Ingredients: 1 very ripe banana (about 120g) 3 eggs, whisked 20g scoop vanilla plant-based protein powder 2 teaspoons of maple syrup 70g (1/2cup) quartered strawberries 1 tablespoon tapioca flour 1 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil Method: SERVES 1 Place your banana in...