Tuna NiçoiseElena Duggan
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 oranges, juice and zest
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 3 tbsp red wine vinegar
- ½ bunch tarragon, leaves only
- 12 anchovy fillets
- 125g extra virgin olive oil
- White pepper
- Pink salt
- 500g Chat or kipfler potatoes, peeled and cut into 2cm pieces or quarters
- 8 jumbo eggs, free range organic
- 250g green beans, trimmed
- 1kg fresh tuna, sushi grade, local
- 250g perino tomatoes, halved
- 250g niçoise olives (black/ kalamata are also fine)
- 100g capers
- 1 bunch chives, diced
- 50g extra virgin olive oil
- Crispy skin salmon can work as a tuna alternative, or even chicken breast if desired.
- To make the dressing, blitz all ingredients in blender or stick mixer until smooth. Set aside. Alternatively, you can combine solid ingredients to create a paste in a mortar and pestle before adding wet ingredients and stirring through
- Bring a large pot of water to the boil (use the same water for the eggs, beans and potatoes to save water).
- Place eggs in when boiling and time for 8 minutes before removing and refresh in iced water.
- Bring water back to the boil and blanch beans until just turned vibrant green, then remove and refresh in iced water.
- Bring water back to the boil and cook potatoes until just cooked or when a knife goes in easily, then remove and refresh in iced water.
- Once cool, peel eggs and quarter them lengthways.
- Heat a medium pan. Rub olive oil and 1tbsp of the dressing all over tuna’s surface. Cook tuna until opaque, approximately ¼ of the depth of the cut, on all sides before resting for 5 minutes. Cut slices ensuring the rare inside and cooked exterior are visible.
- In a large bowl, toss the potatoes, beans, tomatoes, olives, and capers through ½ the dressing gently so as not to rough any ingredients edges up.
- Place a bed of the salad on the plate to serve, followed by eggs, chives and tuna pieces.
- Drizzle any leftover dressing all over the top.
- To add further refinement to this dish, olives can be dehydrated in a microwave oven 1 minute at a time and finely diced until resembling a fine dry crumb – these will become a flavoured seasoning and textural and colour boost for the dish.
- Eggs can be run through a ricer for an alternative texture than can be sprinkled over salad.
- The base of this salad lasts well undressed and without fish component in an airtight container in the fridge.
- Gluten free
- Grain free
- Low Fructose / Minimal sugar
- Keto Friendly
Picnic Cheese Board
Ingredients: Hard Cheese Soft Cheese Blue Cheese 1 baguette A bunch of Green Grapes Honeycomb Salami (sliced) Smoked Salmon Dip Artisan Crackers Beetroot dip Poppy Seed Skordalia Dip Dukkah Stuffed Bell Peppers Marinated Olives (pitted) Method: There are no rules or...
Roasted Brussel Sprout Salad
Ingredients: 700g sprouts (500g trimmed whole, 200g thinly sliced) 3 garlic cloves, crushed 100g kale, thinly shredded 1 red onion, thinly sliced 150ml olive oil 3 lemons, juiced 2 anchovies in oil, chopped 2 tbsp wholegrain mustard 80g hazelnuts, toasted and...
Salt & Pepper Squid Cones
Ingredients: 1 tbsp sea salt flakes 1 tbsp cracked black pepper 8 cleaned squid tubes, thinly sliced Vegetable oil, for deep-frying 1 cup self-raising flour ½ cup mayonnaise Lemon wedges, to serve Method: Place the salt and pepper in a large bowl and mix to combine....
Zucchini Flower & Ricotta Tart
Serves 4 Ingredients: 2 sheets frozen puff pastry, thawed and halved 500g fresh ricotta 8 slices prosciutto 2 tbsp white balsamic vinegar 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil Sea salt and cracked black pepper 6 zucchini flowers, halved and stamens removed, or 1 zucchini,...
Orecchiette with Broccolini
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Perfection Fresh Ingredients: 500g orecchiette pasta Table salt for pasta water 2 heads broccolini, cut into small pieces, use stalk as well 4 birds eye chilli, sliced finely 5 cloves garlic, chopped 4...
Okonomiyaki (Japanese Pancake)
Ingredients: ½ of a Wombok Cabbage (Shredded ) 3 Carrots (2 grated & 1 julienned) Daikon (julienned) - optional 3 eggs 1 cup of Corn Flour Spring Onions (Chopped) Mint Black & White Sesame Seeds Caster Sugar White Vinegar Kewpie Hoisin Chilli - optional Fried...