Tuna NiçoiseElena Duggan
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 oranges, juice and zest
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 3 tbsp red wine vinegar
- ½ bunch tarragon, leaves only
- 12 anchovy fillets
- 125g extra virgin olive oil
- White pepper
- Pink salt
- 500g Chat or kipfler potatoes, peeled and cut into 2cm pieces or quarters
- 8 jumbo eggs, free range organic
- 250g green beans, trimmed
- 1kg fresh tuna, sushi grade, local
- 250g perino tomatoes, halved
- 250g niçoise olives (black/ kalamata are also fine)
- 100g capers
- 1 bunch chives, diced
- 50g extra virgin olive oil
- Crispy skin salmon can work as a tuna alternative, or even chicken breast if desired.
- To make the dressing, blitz all ingredients in blender or stick mixer until smooth. Set aside. Alternatively, you can combine solid ingredients to create a paste in a mortar and pestle before adding wet ingredients and stirring through
- Bring a large pot of water to the boil (use the same water for the eggs, beans and potatoes to save water).
- Place eggs in when boiling and time for 8 minutes before removing and refresh in iced water.
- Bring water back to the boil and blanch beans until just turned vibrant green, then remove and refresh in iced water.
- Bring water back to the boil and cook potatoes until just cooked or when a knife goes in easily, then remove and refresh in iced water.
- Once cool, peel eggs and quarter them lengthways.
- Heat a medium pan. Rub olive oil and 1tbsp of the dressing all over tuna’s surface. Cook tuna until opaque, approximately ¼ of the depth of the cut, on all sides before resting for 5 minutes. Cut slices ensuring the rare inside and cooked exterior are visible.
- In a large bowl, toss the potatoes, beans, tomatoes, olives, and capers through ½ the dressing gently so as not to rough any ingredients edges up.
- Place a bed of the salad on the plate to serve, followed by eggs, chives and tuna pieces.
- Drizzle any leftover dressing all over the top.
- To add further refinement to this dish, olives can be dehydrated in a microwave oven 1 minute at a time and finely diced until resembling a fine dry crumb – these will become a flavoured seasoning and textural and colour boost for the dish.
- Eggs can be run through a ricer for an alternative texture than can be sprinkled over salad.
- The base of this salad lasts well undressed and without fish component in an airtight container in the fridge.
- Gluten free
- Grain free
- Low Fructose / Minimal sugar
- Keto Friendly
Ingredients: 4 Spicy Italian Sausages Packet of Farfalle Pasta 1 Leek 1 Carrot 1 Onion 2 Garlic 2 cups Shredded Cabbage 1 Chopped Silver Beet 1 400gm Tinned Beans 1 tsp Cumin powder 1 tsp Coriander powder 1tsp Paprika powder 2 tbsp Tomato Paste Stock of your choice...
This recipe is brought to you by our friends at Asian InspirationsIngredients:Serves: 8 Prep Time: 10 mins Cook Time: 15 mins Main Ingredients: 1 packet rice paper 150g rice vermicelli noodles 1 bunch coriander 1 bunch Thai basil 1 bunch mint 1 bunch garlic chives 1⁄4...
Ingredients: 2 puff pastry sheets 2 Tbsp vegemite 2 cups cheddar cheese grated Method: Spread vegemite over pastry sheets and top with cheese. Lightly roll each pastry up into a log and cut each log into 8 slices. Place 4 slices (sliced side up) in each Sunbeam Pie...
Ingredients: Chicken Thigh mince 1 egg Bread soaked in milk Grated parmesan Chopped parsely Spaghetti Breadcrumbs Salt & Pepper Sauce Celery Carrot Onion Olive oil Bay lead 2 tins of whole or chopped tomatoes Method: In a mixing bowl add in your chicken thigh...
Ingredients: 1 cup vegetable oil 1 cinnamon stick 3 star anise 2 tbs schizuan peppercorns 2 bay leaves 1/4 cup crushed red chilli/pepper flakes Method: In a small pot, heat the oil with the all the spices, bar the chilli flakes, on a low to medium heat for about 20...
Ingredients: 500g of kingfish or snapper fillets, skin off Juice from 6 limes 1 ripped mango 1 medium Lebanese cucumber 1/4 red onion Juice from 1 orange 1 jalapeño chilli 1 small yellow capsicum 10 mint leaves Salt and pepper to taste 200g corn tortillas chips...