Turkey and Cranberry PocketsElena Duggan
- 4 Tortillas or Simsons Pantry Wraps
- 150g Cranberry Jam/ jelly/ sauce
- 150g Provolone Cheese, thinly sliced or grated
- 250g Shredded turkey meat or turkey mince cooked in butter below, cooled to room temp
- 50g Butter, additional for toasting
- 1 bunch Lemon thyme, leaves only
- 100g Red onion, finely diced
- White pepper, to taste
- Salt, to taste
- If turkey isn’t cooked, stir-fry in a non-stick fry pan in butter until cooked through, remove from pan and set aside.
- Melt additional butter in a nonstick fry pan over medium heat.
- Fill tortillas in the centre, bottom third of the tortilla, with cheese, followed by cranberry, lemon thyme, onion, then turkey, season to taste. Fold either in half, or into a pocket.
- Gently toast pockets in buttered fry-pan until golden on the outside and cheese is melted on the inside, cut in half or serve as is.
- Gluten free – optional, utilise gluten free wraps
- LCHF – increase good fats by adding avocado
Ingredients: 300ml milk, plus extra 7g sachet of dried yeast 25g white caster sugar 50g shortening or lard 425g plain flour, plus extra 20g polenta, optional Unsalted butter Method: Gently warm the milk in a pan until lukewarm or body temperature, 37ºC. Add the yeast...
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Wine Selectors Ingredients: 1 medium cauliflower, leaves and stalk trimmed, cut into wedges 400g can lentils, drained and rinsed 1 small white onion, thinly sliced Juice of 1/2 lemon 1 1/2 tbsp extra virgin...
Ingredients:For Dough: 500g plain flour 190g cold unsalted butter, cut into cubes ½ tsp salt 60ml warm water 1 egg, at room temperature and whisked For Filling: 600g smoked ham, diced 200g mozzarella, diced 200g cheddar, diced 200g brown onion, diced 80g...
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Massel Ingredients: 500g gnocchi 2 potatoes, diced 1 clove of garlic, chopped 1 tsp dried chillies 1 leek, sliced 2 rosemary sprigs 100g pancetta, rind removed and diced 500ml Massel Veg Stock Method:...
Ingredients: 1 head cauliflower, cut into pieces 1 green banana chilli, sliced 1 bunch mint, picked 1 cup Indian style yoghurt Pinch of sea salt flakes ½ tsp garam masala powder ¼ tsp dry mango powder ¼ tsp fenugreek powder Vegetable oil for frying Method: Fry...
Ingredients: 500g good quality spaghettini Table salt (for pasta water) 8 birdseye chilli, sliced finely 5 cloves garlic, chopped ½ bunch flat leaf parsley, washed and chopped finely, stem and leaf 250ml olive oil Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste A...