Turkey and Cranberry PocketsElena Duggan
- 4 Tortillas or Simsons Pantry Wraps
- 150g Cranberry Jam/ jelly/ sauce
- 150g Provolone Cheese, thinly sliced or grated
- 250g Shredded turkey meat or turkey mince cooked in butter below, cooled to room temp
- 50g Butter, additional for toasting
- 1 bunch Lemon thyme, leaves only
- 100g Red onion, finely diced
- White pepper, to taste
- Salt, to taste
- If turkey isn’t cooked, stir-fry in a non-stick fry pan in butter until cooked through, remove from pan and set aside.
- Melt additional butter in a nonstick fry pan over medium heat.
- Fill tortillas in the centre, bottom third of the tortilla, with cheese, followed by cranberry, lemon thyme, onion, then turkey, season to taste. Fold either in half, or into a pocket.
- Gently toast pockets in buttered fry-pan until golden on the outside and cheese is melted on the inside, cut in half or serve as is.
- Gluten free – optional, utilise gluten free wraps
- LCHF – increase good fats by adding avocado
Picnic Cheese Board
Ingredients: Hard Cheese Soft Cheese Blue Cheese 1 baguette A bunch of Green Grapes Honeycomb Salami (sliced) Smoked Salmon Dip Artisan Crackers Beetroot dip Poppy Seed Skordalia Dip Dukkah Stuffed Bell Peppers Marinated Olives (pitted) Method: There are no rules or...
Roasted Brussel Sprout Salad
Ingredients: 700g sprouts (500g trimmed whole, 200g thinly sliced) 3 garlic cloves, crushed 100g kale, thinly shredded 1 red onion, thinly sliced 150ml olive oil 3 lemons, juiced 2 anchovies in oil, chopped 2 tbsp wholegrain mustard 80g hazelnuts, toasted and...
Salt & Pepper Squid Cones
Ingredients: 1 tbsp sea salt flakes 1 tbsp cracked black pepper 8 cleaned squid tubes, thinly sliced Vegetable oil, for deep-frying 1 cup self-raising flour ½ cup mayonnaise Lemon wedges, to serve Method: Place the salt and pepper in a large bowl and mix to combine....
Zucchini Flower & Ricotta Tart
Serves 4 Ingredients: 2 sheets frozen puff pastry, thawed and halved 500g fresh ricotta 8 slices prosciutto 2 tbsp white balsamic vinegar 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil Sea salt and cracked black pepper 6 zucchini flowers, halved and stamens removed, or 1 zucchini,...
Orecchiette with Broccolini
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Perfection Fresh Ingredients: 500g orecchiette pasta Table salt for pasta water 2 heads broccolini, cut into small pieces, use stalk as well 4 birds eye chilli, sliced finely 5 cloves garlic, chopped 4...
Okonomiyaki (Japanese Pancake)
Ingredients: ½ of a Wombok Cabbage (Shredded ) 3 Carrots (2 grated & 1 julienned) Daikon (julienned) - optional 3 eggs 1 cup of Corn Flour Spring Onions (Chopped) Mint Black & White Sesame Seeds Caster Sugar White Vinegar Kewpie Hoisin Chilli - optional Fried...