Turkey and Cranberry PocketsElena Duggan
- 4 Tortillas or Simsons Pantry Wraps
- 150g Cranberry Jam/ jelly/ sauce
- 150g Provolone Cheese, thinly sliced or grated
- 250g Shredded turkey meat or turkey mince cooked in butter below, cooled to room temp
- 50g Butter, additional for toasting
- 1 bunch Lemon thyme, leaves only
- 100g Red onion, finely diced
- White pepper, to taste
- Salt, to taste
- If turkey isn’t cooked, stir-fry in a non-stick fry pan in butter until cooked through, remove from pan and set aside.
- Melt additional butter in a nonstick fry pan over medium heat.
- Fill tortillas in the centre, bottom third of the tortilla, with cheese, followed by cranberry, lemon thyme, onion, then turkey, season to taste. Fold either in half, or into a pocket.
- Gently toast pockets in buttered fry-pan until golden on the outside and cheese is melted on the inside, cut in half or serve as is.
- Gluten free – optional, utilise gluten free wraps
- LCHF – increase good fats by adding avocado
Ingredients: Serves: 2-4 2 x 250g T-bone or Rump steak Sea salt 2 Tbsp Olive oil 2 Tbsp Butter 1 brown onion, diced 2-3 cloves garlic, finely chopped 1 tsp dried chilli flakes 2 tsp dried mixed herbs 40 ‘twists’ cracked black pepper 2 chicken stock cubes, crumbled 2-3...
Ingredients: Crown Pumpkin (or similar) Pumpkin Puree: 250g Pumpkin seeds 100g Miso 500g Spanish Onion 100g Butter Method: Pumpkin Puree: Roast pumpkin seeds at 200 degrees until golden Sweat down onions in butter until nice and golden Once all cooked blitz together...
Ingredients: 1kg pork mince 1 brown onion, finely diced 2 cloves garlic, finely diced 1 cup grated parmigiano cheese 1 egg 1/2 cup fresh breadcrumbs Plain flour, for dusting White Wine Sauce: 2 cups white wine 1 bunch sage leaves 2 sprigs of rosemary 2 bay leaves 6...
Ingredients: Serves: 4-6 500g beef mince 3 lemongrass stalks, white part only, grated 3 spring onions, white and green separated, each finely chopped 1 large clove garlic, grated ½ cup chopped coriander (stems included) 1 Tbsp fish sauce 1 Tbsp caster sugar 1 tsp salt...
Ingredients: Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Wine Selectors Serves: 4 Four quails 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and finely chopped 6-8 leaves of sage, finely chopped Sea salt and cracked pepper 8 strips smoky pancetta Olive oil Lemon halves for...
Ingredients: Serves: 4 2 tablespoon olive oil 3 garlic cloves, crushed 500g chicken breast, whole 1 brown onion, finely diced 1 cup dry white wine 1 cup cream 2 tablespoons tarragon, coarsely chopped 1 teaspoon cornflour serve with steamed rice and blanched broccolini...