Turkey and Cranberry PocketsElena Duggan
- 4 Tortillas or Simsons Pantry Wraps
- 150g Cranberry Jam/ jelly/ sauce
- 150g Provolone Cheese, thinly sliced or grated
- 250g Shredded turkey meat or turkey mince cooked in butter below, cooled to room temp
- 50g Butter, additional for toasting
- 1 bunch Lemon thyme, leaves only
- 100g Red onion, finely diced
- White pepper, to taste
- Salt, to taste
- If turkey isn’t cooked, stir-fry in a non-stick fry pan in butter until cooked through, remove from pan and set aside.
- Melt additional butter in a nonstick fry pan over medium heat.
- Fill tortillas in the centre, bottom third of the tortilla, with cheese, followed by cranberry, lemon thyme, onion, then turkey, season to taste. Fold either in half, or into a pocket.
- Gently toast pockets in buttered fry-pan until golden on the outside and cheese is melted on the inside, cut in half or serve as is.
- Gluten free – optional, utilise gluten free wraps
- LCHF – increase good fats by adding avocado
Ingredients: 100g glass noodles (bean thread vermicelli) 2 Lebanese cucumbers, thinly sliced using a vegetable peeler 4 spring onions, thinly sliced on diagonal 2 eschalots, thinly sliced 1 cup coriander sprigs 1 cup flat-leaf parsley sprigs 1-2 small red chillies,...
Ingredients: 320g semolina plus a little extra 40g greens such as spinach or Tuscan kale Extra Virgin Olive Oil Sea salt and cracked pepper Pesto 1 garlic clove, peeled 20g pine nuts 50g wild rocket 25g parmesan plus a little extra Juice of 1 lemon Method: To make the...
Ingredients: 4 duck breast 1 tablspoon brown sugar ½ tablespoon salt ¼ bunch thyme 1 tsp five spice butter garlic Sauce 1/3 cup sugar 1/3 cup fresh orange juice (from 1 to 2 oranges) segments of one orange 2 tablespoons white-wine vinegar 1/8 teaspoon salt 2 to 4...
Ingredients: Serve 4 4 thick King salmon or Atlantic salmon Vegetable oil Lime wedges Marinade 2 pinches of salt 2 teaspoons chilli powder juice of 1 lime 1 teaspoon sugar 2 teaspoons garlic paste 2 teaspoons ginger paste Crust 180g white split peas (urad dal) 1...
Ingredients: Mornay Sauce 25gm unsalted butter 25gm Laucke plain flour 1 cup full cream milk 80gm Gruyere cheese grated Salt White pepper For the Sandwich Four thick slices white bread 100gm unsalted butter 2 tsp Dijon mustard 4 slices Gruyere cheese (80gm) 200gm...
Ingredients: 500g kangaroo sirloin cut into thin strips 2 tablespoons cornflour 2 tablespoon sunflower oil for frying 2 green capsicums – cut into strips 2 bunch of broccolini – bottom end removed and cut in half 1 bunch green onions – green and whites finely chopped...