Twice Baked Cheese SouffleRob Rees
- 290ml Semi Skimmed Milk
- 1⁄2 Sliced Onion
- Pinch of Nutmeg
- 45g Butter
- 45g Flour
- Pinch of Dry English Mustard
- 125g Strong Cheddar Cheese, Grated
- 3 Eggs, Separated Cracked Black Pepper
- 100g Butter, melted
- 150g Panko Bread Crumbs
- A good drizzle of olive oil and a dash of balsamic vinegar for dressing.
- 1 Small bunch of fresh Watercress leaves
- 1 Green Apple
- 1 Celery Stick
- Freshly chopped coriander
- 12 Caper Berries
- 2 Tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 Teaspoons clear honey
- 1 Tablespoon toasted pine nuts
- Preheat the oven to 180 ̊C.
- Line the ramekins by first brushing the inner edges and bottoms evenly with melted butter. Then coat evenly with the crumbs and set aside.
- Heat the milk slowly with the onion and the nutmeg then remove from the heat and strain out the onion.
- Melt the butter and stir in the flour and cook out for 1 minute then gradually add the milk, off the heat, stirring until smooth.
- Return the pan to the heat and stir until the sauce boils and thickens.
- Continue to add the remaining milk in this way until all is combined and you have a smooth white sauce.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the mustard, 3⁄4 of the cheese and then the egg yolks. Season with cracked black pepper.
- Whisk the egg whites until stiff.
- Fold 1⁄2 the whisked egg whites into the cheese mixture then fold in the remaining whites.
- Spoon the mixture into the ramekins. Run your finger around the edge of each ramekin to clean then place in a roasting tin. Fill the tray half way up the side of the ramekin with boiling water and bake in the oven for 15 minutes or until the mixture is set. Allow to sink and cool.
- Run a knife round the edges of the soufflés to loosen them then turn them out on to your hand.
- Twenty minutes before serving, sprinkle the remaining cheese on top and place into a hot oven, 200 ̊C for 10 minutes or until the soufflé tops are pale gold. Serve fast before they sink!
- Serve with a salad of herbs, apple, pine nuts, celery, mayonnaise, leaves and caper berries.
Picnic Cheese Board
Ingredients: Hard Cheese Soft Cheese Blue Cheese 1 baguette A bunch of Green Grapes Honeycomb Salami (sliced) Smoked Salmon Dip Artisan Crackers Beetroot dip Poppy Seed Skordalia Dip Dukkah Stuffed Bell Peppers Marinated Olives (pitted) Method: There are no rules or...
Roasted Brussel Sprout Salad
Ingredients: 700g sprouts (500g trimmed whole, 200g thinly sliced) 3 garlic cloves, crushed 100g kale, thinly shredded 1 red onion, thinly sliced 150ml olive oil 3 lemons, juiced 2 anchovies in oil, chopped 2 tbsp wholegrain mustard 80g hazelnuts, toasted and...
Salt & Pepper Squid Cones
Ingredients: 1 tbsp sea salt flakes 1 tbsp cracked black pepper 8 cleaned squid tubes, thinly sliced Vegetable oil, for deep-frying 1 cup self-raising flour ½ cup mayonnaise Lemon wedges, to serve Method: Place the salt and pepper in a large bowl and mix to combine....
Zucchini Flower & Ricotta Tart
Serves 4 Ingredients: 2 sheets frozen puff pastry, thawed and halved 500g fresh ricotta 8 slices prosciutto 2 tbsp white balsamic vinegar 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil Sea salt and cracked black pepper 6 zucchini flowers, halved and stamens removed, or 1 zucchini,...
Orecchiette with Broccolini
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Perfection Fresh Ingredients: 500g orecchiette pasta Table salt for pasta water 2 heads broccolini, cut into small pieces, use stalk as well 4 birds eye chilli, sliced finely 5 cloves garlic, chopped 4...
Okonomiyaki (Japanese Pancake)
Ingredients: ½ of a Wombok Cabbage (Shredded ) 3 Carrots (2 grated & 1 julienned) Daikon (julienned) - optional 3 eggs 1 cup of Corn Flour Spring Onions (Chopped) Mint Black & White Sesame Seeds Caster Sugar White Vinegar Kewpie Hoisin Chilli - optional Fried...