Twice Baked Cheese SouffleRob Rees
- 290ml Semi Skimmed Milk
- 1⁄2 Sliced Onion
- Pinch of Nutmeg
- 45g Butter
- 45g Flour
- Pinch of Dry English Mustard
- 125g Strong Cheddar Cheese, Grated
- 3 Eggs, Separated Cracked Black Pepper
- 100g Butter, melted
- 150g Panko Bread Crumbs
- A good drizzle of olive oil and a dash of balsamic vinegar for dressing.
- 1 Small bunch of fresh Watercress leaves
- 1 Green Apple
- 1 Celery Stick
- Freshly chopped coriander
- 12 Caper Berries
- 2 Tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 Teaspoons clear honey
- 1 Tablespoon toasted pine nuts
- Preheat the oven to 180 ̊C.
- Line the ramekins by first brushing the inner edges and bottoms evenly with melted butter. Then coat evenly with the crumbs and set aside.
- Heat the milk slowly with the onion and the nutmeg then remove from the heat and strain out the onion.
- Melt the butter and stir in the flour and cook out for 1 minute then gradually add the milk, off the heat, stirring until smooth.
- Return the pan to the heat and stir until the sauce boils and thickens.
- Continue to add the remaining milk in this way until all is combined and you have a smooth white sauce.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the mustard, 3⁄4 of the cheese and then the egg yolks. Season with cracked black pepper.
- Whisk the egg whites until stiff.
- Fold 1⁄2 the whisked egg whites into the cheese mixture then fold in the remaining whites.
- Spoon the mixture into the ramekins. Run your finger around the edge of each ramekin to clean then place in a roasting tin. Fill the tray half way up the side of the ramekin with boiling water and bake in the oven for 15 minutes or until the mixture is set. Allow to sink and cool.
- Run a knife round the edges of the soufflés to loosen them then turn them out on to your hand.
- Twenty minutes before serving, sprinkle the remaining cheese on top and place into a hot oven, 200 ̊C for 10 minutes or until the soufflé tops are pale gold. Serve fast before they sink!
- Serve with a salad of herbs, apple, pine nuts, celery, mayonnaise, leaves and caper berries.
Ingredients: Serves: 4 800g Hanger Steak Sea Salt 1 small yellow pepper, seeds removed, roughly chopped 6 Yellow baby Tomatoes 1 small red chilli, seeds removed ½ tsp dried flaked chillies 2 Garlic cloves, peeled 20g fresh parsley, including any tender stalks 10g each...
Ingredients: 4 roma tomatoes ½ brown onion, finely diced 2 garlic cloves, finely diced 1 tbsp chilli oil ½ cup white wine 500g goolwa pippies 1 cup parsley leaves, chopped 250g fresh taglierini or linguine 1 lemon, juice only 50g unsalted butter Sea salt flakes Black...
Ingredients: 3 cups plain flour, plus extra Salt 1 ¼ cups warm water 150ml Peanut oil, plus extra Cheese Filling: 500g ricotta cheese 100gm Greek fetta 300gm cottage cheese 300ml thickened cream 2 eggs Salt Method: Combine the cheeses in a large bowl and mix together,...
Ingredients: Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Velisha Farms 1 tbsp oil 225g Chicken mince 2 tbsp fish sauce 1 lime, juice only 1 tsp caster sugar 3 spring onions, finely chopped ¼ cucumber, finely diced 2 red chillies, finely sliced 1cm ginger,...
Ingredients: 6 chicken thighs 3 cups fresh breadcrumbs ½ bunch parsley 100g parmigiano cheese 2 garlic cloves Sea salt Black pepper Flour, for dusting 2 eggs Method: Blitz the parsley, cheese and garlic into a fine crumb and mix through the breadcrumbs. Season with...
Ingredients: 1/2 head of cauliflower, outer leaves removed and retained, cauliflower chopped into florets. 1 clove of garlic - peeled & sliced in half 1 tsp of sultanas or raisins (optional) 6 black peppercorns 1/4 tsp turmeric 1/4 tsp curry powder 3/4 cup...