Vegan San Choy BowElena Duggan
- 50g Peanut oil
- 100g (1med) Onion, finely diced
- 100g Celery, finely diced
- 2 cloves Garlic, finely chopped
- 50g Ginger, finely chopped
- 1long Red Chili
- 250g Mushrooms, finely diced
- 250g Firm tofu, chopped
- 50g Water chestnuts, chopped
- 150g Quinoa, cooked (optional)
- 50g Chinese cooking wine
- 50g Tamari or gluten free soy sauce
- 25g Sesame oil
- Stevia monkfruit, to taste
- White pepper, to taste
- 6 Spring onions, thinly sliced
- 1 Iceberg lettuce, separated and washed
- Lime wedges
- Red chili, finely sliced
- Bean shoots
- Crispy fried shallots
- Sesame seeds
- Crushed nuts
- Coriander leaves finely chopped
- Preheat the oil in a large fry pan or wok to medium high.
- Stir-fry onion, celery garlic and ginger until softened, translucent and starting to caramelised approximately 4-5minutes.
- Add chili, mushrooms, tofu and chestnuts, stir-fry for an additional 4-5 minutes or until mushrooms are thoroughly softened and all ingredients are caramelizing evenly.
- Add quinoa, wine, tamari, sesame oil, stevia, and pepper and stir through until sauce is evenly distributed and quinoa is heated through. Toss through spring onions.
- Serve heaped scoops into lettuce leaves and top with a combination of fresh and crunchy garnishes.
- Grain free
- Gluten free
- Minimal fructose, low sugar
- Keto friendly
- Bulletproof friendly
- LCHF friendly
- Dairy Free
Ingredients: 4 duck breast 1 tablspoon brown sugar ½ tablespoon salt ¼ bunch thyme 1 tsp five spice butter garlic Sauce 1/3 cup sugar 1/3 cup fresh orange juice (from 1 to 2 oranges) segments of one orange 2 tablespoons white-wine vinegar 1/8 teaspoon salt 2 to 4...
Ingredients: Serve 4 4 thick King salmon or Atlantic salmon Vegetable oil Lime wedges Marinade 2 pinches of salt 2 teaspoons chilli powder juice of 1 lime 1 teaspoon sugar 2 teaspoons garlic paste 2 teaspoons ginger paste Crust 180g white split peas (urad dal) 1...
Ingredients: Mornay Sauce 25gm unsalted butter 25gm Laucke plain flour 1 cup full cream milk 80gm Gruyere cheese grated Salt White pepper For the Sandwich Four thick slices white bread 100gm unsalted butter 2 tsp Dijon mustard 4 slices Gruyere cheese (80gm) 200gm...
Ingredients: 500g kangaroo sirloin cut into thin strips 2 tablespoons cornflour 2 tablespoon sunflower oil for frying 2 green capsicums – cut into strips 2 bunch of broccolini – bottom end removed and cut in half 1 bunch green onions – green and whites finely chopped...
Ingredients: Makes Two 4 rounds or Rye bread slices 300gm sliced pastrami 100gm sauerkraut 200gm comte cheese or cheddar 2 large garlic and dill pickles cut in half 4 tbsp kewpie mayo 1 tbsp hot English mustard 100gm butter soft Method: Combine the hot English mustard...
Ingredients: Serves 4 1 ½ cups plain flour 1 teaspoon baking powder 4 eggs separated 1 cup butter milk 1 cup ricotta 1 cup corn frozen 1 small bunch coriander leaves chopped 1 lg smashed avo 200gm chopped tomatoes 1/4 medium red onion sliced 1 clove of garlic chopped...