Vegan San Choy BowElena Duggan
- 50g Peanut oil
- 100g (1med) Onion, finely diced
- 100g Celery, finely diced
- 2 cloves Garlic, finely chopped
- 50g Ginger, finely chopped
- 1long Red Chili
- 250g Mushrooms, finely diced
- 250g Firm tofu, chopped
- 50g Water chestnuts, chopped
- 150g Quinoa, cooked (optional)
- 50g Chinese cooking wine
- 50g Tamari or gluten free soy sauce
- 25g Sesame oil
- Stevia monkfruit, to taste
- White pepper, to taste
- 6 Spring onions, thinly sliced
- 1 Iceberg lettuce, separated and washed
- Lime wedges
- Red chili, finely sliced
- Bean shoots
- Crispy fried shallots
- Sesame seeds
- Crushed nuts
- Coriander leaves finely chopped
- Preheat the oil in a large fry pan or wok to medium high.
- Stir-fry onion, celery garlic and ginger until softened, translucent and starting to caramelised approximately 4-5minutes.
- Add chili, mushrooms, tofu and chestnuts, stir-fry for an additional 4-5 minutes or until mushrooms are thoroughly softened and all ingredients are caramelizing evenly.
- Add quinoa, wine, tamari, sesame oil, stevia, and pepper and stir through until sauce is evenly distributed and quinoa is heated through. Toss through spring onions.
- Serve heaped scoops into lettuce leaves and top with a combination of fresh and crunchy garnishes.
- Grain free
- Gluten free
- Minimal fructose, low sugar
- Keto friendly
- Bulletproof friendly
- LCHF friendly
- Dairy Free
Ingredients: Serves: 2-4 2 x 250g T-bone or Rump steak Sea salt 2 Tbsp Olive oil 2 Tbsp Butter 1 brown onion, diced 2-3 cloves garlic, finely chopped 1 tsp dried chilli flakes 2 tsp dried mixed herbs 40 ‘twists’ cracked black pepper 2 chicken stock cubes, crumbled 2-3...
Ingredients: Crown Pumpkin (or similar) Pumpkin Puree: 250g Pumpkin seeds 100g Miso 500g Spanish Onion 100g Butter Method: Pumpkin Puree: Roast pumpkin seeds at 200 degrees until golden Sweat down onions in butter until nice and golden Once all cooked blitz together...
Ingredients: 1kg pork mince 1 brown onion, finely diced 2 cloves garlic, finely diced 1 cup grated parmigiano cheese 1 egg 1/2 cup fresh breadcrumbs Plain flour, for dusting White Wine Sauce: 2 cups white wine 1 bunch sage leaves 2 sprigs of rosemary 2 bay leaves 6...
Ingredients: Serves: 4-6 500g beef mince 3 lemongrass stalks, white part only, grated 3 spring onions, white and green separated, each finely chopped 1 large clove garlic, grated ½ cup chopped coriander (stems included) 1 Tbsp fish sauce 1 Tbsp caster sugar 1 tsp salt...
Ingredients: Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Wine Selectors Serves: 4 Four quails 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and finely chopped 6-8 leaves of sage, finely chopped Sea salt and cracked pepper 8 strips smoky pancetta Olive oil Lemon halves for...
Ingredients: Serves: 4 2 tablespoon olive oil 3 garlic cloves, crushed 500g chicken breast, whole 1 brown onion, finely diced 1 cup dry white wine 1 cup cream 2 tablespoons tarragon, coarsely chopped 1 teaspoon cornflour serve with steamed rice and blanched broccolini...