Vegan San Choy BowElena Duggan
- 50g Peanut oil
- 100g (1med) Onion, finely diced
- 100g Celery, finely diced
- 2 cloves Garlic, finely chopped
- 50g Ginger, finely chopped
- 1long Red Chili
- 250g Mushrooms, finely diced
- 250g Firm tofu, chopped
- 50g Water chestnuts, chopped
- 150g Quinoa, cooked (optional)
- 50g Chinese cooking wine
- 50g Tamari or gluten free soy sauce
- 25g Sesame oil
- Stevia monkfruit, to taste
- White pepper, to taste
- 6 Spring onions, thinly sliced
- 1 Iceberg lettuce, separated and washed
- Lime wedges
- Red chili, finely sliced
- Bean shoots
- Crispy fried shallots
- Sesame seeds
- Crushed nuts
- Coriander leaves finely chopped
- Preheat the oil in a large fry pan or wok to medium high.
- Stir-fry onion, celery garlic and ginger until softened, translucent and starting to caramelised approximately 4-5minutes.
- Add chili, mushroom, tofu and chestnuts, stir-fry for an additional 4-5 minutes or until mushroom are thoroughly softened and all ingredients are caramelizing evenly.
- Add quinoa, wine, tamari, sesame oil, stevia, and pepper and stir through until sauce is evenly distributed and quinoa is heated through. Toss through spring onions.
- Serve heaped scoops into lettuce leaves and top with a combination of fresh and crunchy garnishes.
- Grain free
- Gluten free
- Minimal fructose, low sugar
- Keto friendly
- Bulletproof friendly
- LCHF friendly
- Dairy Free
Ingredients: Serves 4 8 Moreton Bay bugs 200g thinly sliced dried pancetta 8 bay leaves 4 ripe figs, halved 2 tablespoons olive oil Juice of 1 lemon Method: Prepare your barbecue for direct grilling over a high heat. Prepare the bugs by removing the meat from the...
Ingredients: 4-6 streaky pork belly cutlets, skin removed, cutlets cut into strips 5 cm thick Marinade 2 onions, finely chopped 10 garlic cloves, crushed 2 cm piece fresh ginger, finely chopped 250 ml (1 cup) kochujang (Korean chilli paste) 4 tablespoons sugar 2...
Ingredients: Serves 2 Teaspoon coconut sugar 6 freshly picked mint leaves Approx 500ml SodaStream Carbonated Water 10-15 assorted fresh berries One lime, halved Ice Method: Start by bringing together the coconut sugar and the mint in a food processor or alternatively...
Ingredients: Serves: 3 2 cup water 3 tbsp Valcom Tom Yum Paste 1 cup button mushrooms, halved 300g chicken fillet, sliced 1⁄4 cup TCC Premium Coconut Milk 4 tbsp Valcom Kaffir Lime Leaves 1 stalk coriander coarsely chopped 1 red chilli, cut diagonally Method: Bring...
Ingredients: Serves 4 2 medium eggplant 2 tablespoons of olive oil ½ cup miso paste 4 tablespoons mirin 2 tablespoons sugar 2 tablespoons sake White sesame seeds for garnish Method: Preheat the oven to 220C. Slice the eggplants in half and carefully score the eggplant...
Ingredients: Serves 4-6 1tbsp whole white peppercorns 2tbsp grated fresh turmeric 1 heaped tbsp grated fresh ginger 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped 5 thinly sliced cloves Juice of 2 limes, plus wedges to serve 5 coriander roots (from a fresh bunch) 1kg Ling, scaled,...