Vegan San Choy BowElena Duggan
- 50g Peanut oil
- 100g (1med) Onion, finely diced
- 100g Celery, finely diced
- 2 cloves Garlic, finely chopped
- 50g Ginger, finely chopped
- 1long Red Chili
- 250g Mushrooms, finely diced
- 250g Firm tofu, chopped
- 50g Water chestnuts, chopped
- 150g Quinoa, cooked (optional)
- 50g Chinese cooking wine
- 50g Tamari or gluten free soy sauce
- 25g Sesame oil
- Stevia monkfruit, to taste
- White pepper, to taste
- 6 Spring onions, thinly sliced
- 1 Iceberg lettuce, separated and washed
- Lime wedges
- Red chili, finely sliced
- Bean shoots
- Crispy fried shallots
- Sesame seeds
- Crushed nuts
- Coriander leaves finely chopped
- Preheat the oil in a large fry pan or wok to medium high.
- Stir-fry onion, celery garlic and ginger until softened, translucent and starting to caramelised approximately 4-5minutes.
- Add chili, mushroom, tofu and chestnuts, stir-fry for an additional 4-5 minutes or until mushroom are thoroughly softened and all ingredients are caramelizing evenly.
- Add quinoa, wine, tamari, sesame oil, stevia, and pepper and stir through until sauce is evenly distributed and quinoa is heated through. Toss through spring onions.
- Serve heaped scoops into lettuce leaves and top with a combination of fresh and crunchy garnishes.
- Grain free
- Gluten free
- Minimal fructose, low sugar
- Keto friendly
- Bulletproof friendly
- LCHF friendly
- Dairy Free
Ingredients: Serves: 4 800g Hanger Steak Sea Salt 1 small yellow pepper, seeds removed, roughly chopped 6 Yellow baby Tomatoes 1 small red chilli, seeds removed ½ tsp dried flaked chillies 2 Garlic cloves, peeled 20g fresh parsley, including any tender stalks 10g each...
Ingredients: 4 roma tomatoes ½ brown onion, finely diced 2 garlic cloves, finely diced 1 tbsp chilli oil ½ cup white wine 500g goolwa pippies 1 cup parsley leaves, chopped 250g fresh taglierini or linguine 1 lemon, juice only 50g unsalted butter Sea salt flakes Black...
Ingredients: 3 cups plain flour, plus extra Salt 1 ¼ cups warm water 150ml Peanut oil, plus extra Cheese Filling: 500g ricotta cheese 100gm Greek fetta 300gm cottage cheese 300ml thickened cream 2 eggs Salt Method: Combine the cheeses in a large bowl and mix together,...
Ingredients: Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Velisha Farms 1 tbsp oil 225g Chicken mince 2 tbsp fish sauce 1 lime, juice only 1 tsp caster sugar 3 spring onions, finely chopped ¼ cucumber, finely diced 2 red chillies, finely sliced 1cm ginger,...
Ingredients: 6 chicken thighs 3 cups fresh breadcrumbs ½ bunch parsley 100g parmigiano cheese 2 garlic cloves Sea salt Black pepper Flour, for dusting 2 eggs Method: Blitz the parsley, cheese and garlic into a fine crumb and mix through the breadcrumbs. Season with...
Ingredients: 1/2 head of cauliflower, outer leaves removed and retained, cauliflower chopped into florets. 1 clove of garlic - peeled & sliced in half 1 tsp of sultanas or raisins (optional) 6 black peppercorns 1/4 tsp turmeric 1/4 tsp curry powder 3/4 cup...