Vegan San Choy BowElena Duggan
- 50g Peanut oil
- 100g (1med) Onion, finely diced
- 100g Celery, finely diced
- 2 cloves Garlic, finely chopped
- 50g Ginger, finely chopped
- 1long Red Chili
- 250g Mushrooms, finely diced
- 250g Firm tofu, chopped
- 50g Water chestnuts, chopped
- 150g Quinoa, cooked (optional)
- 50g Chinese cooking wine
- 50g Tamari or gluten free soy sauce
- 25g Sesame oil
- Stevia monkfruit, to taste
- White pepper, to taste
- 6 Spring onions, thinly sliced
- 1 Iceberg lettuce, separated and washed
- Lime wedges
- Red chili, finely sliced
- Bean shoots
- Crispy fried shallots
- Sesame seeds
- Crushed nuts
- Coriander leaves finely chopped
- Preheat the oil in a large fry pan or wok to medium high.
- Stir-fry onion, celery garlic and ginger until softened, translucent and starting to caramelised approximately 4-5minutes.
- Add chili, mushroom, tofu and chestnuts, stir-fry for an additional 4-5 minutes or until mushroom are thoroughly softened and all ingredients are caramelizing evenly.
- Add quinoa, wine, tamari, sesame oil, stevia, and pepper and stir through until sauce is evenly distributed and quinoa is heated through. Toss through spring onions.
- Serve heaped scoops into lettuce leaves and top with a combination of fresh and crunchy garnishes.
- Grain free
- Gluten free
- Minimal fructose, low sugar
- Keto friendly
- Bulletproof friendly
- LCHF friendly
- Dairy Free
Ingredients: Serves 4 12 eggs, best quality you can afford 150ml sparkling water 2 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan Sea salt and freshly cracked pepper 20g butter 4 thick slices of sourdough, toasted/charred Method: Mix together the eggs, sparkling water, parmesan...
Ingredients: Serves 4 500gm field mushroom finely chopped 2 cups green olives 1/4 bunch mint 1/4 bunch flat-leaf parsley 100gm ricotta cheese fresh Lemon juice and zest 1 clove of garlic 2 fresh red chillies Olive oil 1-cup thick cream 100gm Parmesan cheese Method: In...
Ingredients: Serves 2 Salad 1/8 Australian Kent pumpkin, skin on 1 tsp Australian extra virgin olive oil Pinch sea salt Cracked black pepper 4 Australian Jerusalem artichokes Handful Australian green beans 4 Australian prunes ¼ cup Australian pecans 2 tbsp goats...
Ingredients: 1.5kg Pork belly strips or ribs Marinade 5 tbsp ABC Sweet Soy Sauce (Kecap Manis) 1 Lime (zested & juiced) 1 Red chilli (chopped) 20g Palm sugar 1 tsp Yeo’s Pure Sesame oil 2 tsp Lemongrass (finely chopped) 1 tbsp Oil Method: Blend all the marinade...
Ingredients: 1kg of chuck, flank, shin or brisket trimmed and cut into 3cm cubes 2 clove of garlic 1 small bunch of thyme 1 tspn of black peppercorns 500ml Guinness or dark ale 8 shallots peeled 1 tbsp vegemite 500gm bought puff pastry 100gm Stilton blue cheese or...
Ingredients: 4-6 streaky pork belly cutlets, skin removed, cutlets cut into strips 5 cm thick Marinade 2 onions, finely chopped 10 garlic cloves, crushed 2 cm piece fresh ginger, finely chopped 250 ml (1 cup) kochujang (Korean chilli paste) 4 tablespoons sugar 2...