Vegetable Spring RollsChef Leslie
- 90g Cucumbers (shredded)
- 75g Carrots (shredded)
- 5g Black fungus (soaked and drained, shredded)
- 6 tbsp Oil
- 25g Bean vermicelli (soaked and drained)
- 10 Spring roll wrappers
- 2 tbsp Lee Kum Kee Panda Brand Oyster Sauce
- 1⁄2 tsp Lee Kum Kee Pure Sesame Oil
- 1 tbsp Water
- 1⁄2 tsp Sugar
- 1⁄4 tsp Corn starch
- A pinch of ground white pepper
- 1 tbsp water mixed with 1 tbsp flour
- 1 tbsp Mae Ploy
- Sweet Chilli Sauce
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a pan and stir-fry cucumbers, carrots and black fungus. Add seasoning mix and softened vermicelli. Cook until heated through. Set aside to cool.
- Then divide the cooked fillings into 10 portions and wrap with spring roll wrappers. Seal with flour batter.
- Deep fry the spring rolls in heated 5 tbsp oil until golden brown. Drain.
- Deep fry the spring rolls a second time for 1 min. Serve with dipping sauce.
- Choose spring roll pastry that is made of wheat and square shape at around 20cm in length.
Ingredients: Serves 4 12 eggs, best quality you can afford 150ml sparkling water 2 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan Sea salt and freshly cracked pepper 20g butter 4 thick slices of sourdough, toasted/charred Method: Mix together the eggs, sparkling water, parmesan...
Ingredients: Serves 4 500gm field mushroom finely chopped 2 cups green olives 1/4 bunch mint 1/4 bunch flat-leaf parsley 100gm ricotta cheese fresh Lemon juice and zest 1 clove of garlic 2 fresh red chillies Olive oil 1-cup thick cream 100gm Parmesan cheese Method: In...
Ingredients: Serves 2 Salad 1/8 Australian Kent pumpkin, skin on 1 tsp Australian extra virgin olive oil Pinch sea salt Cracked black pepper 4 Australian Jerusalem artichokes Handful Australian green beans 4 Australian prunes ¼ cup Australian pecans 2 tbsp goats...
Ingredients: 1.5kg Pork belly strips or ribs Marinade 5 tbsp ABC Sweet Soy Sauce (Kecap Manis) 1 Lime (zested & juiced) 1 Red chilli (chopped) 20g Palm sugar 1 tsp Yeo’s Pure Sesame oil 2 tsp Lemongrass (finely chopped) 1 tbsp Oil Method: Blend all the marinade...
Ingredients: 1kg of chuck, flank, shin or brisket trimmed and cut into 3cm cubes 2 clove of garlic 1 small bunch of thyme 1 tspn of black peppercorns 500ml Guinness or dark ale 8 shallots peeled 1 tbsp vegemite 500gm bought puff pastry 100gm Stilton blue cheese or...
Ingredients: 4-6 streaky pork belly cutlets, skin removed, cutlets cut into strips 5 cm thick Marinade 2 onions, finely chopped 10 garlic cloves, crushed 2 cm piece fresh ginger, finely chopped 250 ml (1 cup) kochujang (Korean chilli paste) 4 tablespoons sugar 2...