Vegetable TempuraLaura Sharrad
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Asian Inspirations
- 2 pieces Shimeji mushroom (thinly sliced)
- 2 pieces Red capsicum (thinly sliced)
- 2 pieces Zucchini (thinly sliced)
- 2 pieces Eggplant (thinly sliced)
- 2 pieces Sweet potato (thinly sliced)
- 2 pieces Pumpkin (thinly sliced)
- Vegetable oil
- 1 pinch Curry Powder
- 3 tsp Salt
Ingredients for Tempura Batter Mixture
- 1 tbsp Kewpie Mayonnaise
- ¾ cup Tempura Batter Mix
- 200ml Soda water (chilled)
Ingredients for Tempura Flour Mixture
- ½ tsp Curry Powder
- 2 tbsp Tempura Batter Mix
- Mix Kewpie Mayonnaise, tempura batter mix, and soda water in a bowl. Lightly whisk the mixtures together. Do not over mix the mixtures.
- In a bowl, mix the curry powder and tempura batter together.
- Heat oil to 175°C. Lightly coat vegetables with tempura flour mixtures, then coat with batter mixtures. Cook in oil until crispy and golden brown.
- Rest the vegetables on paper towels to absorb excess oil.
- Sprinkle a pinch of curry powder and salt to serve.