Vegetarian Chickpea CurryElena Duggan
- 1tsp Coriander seeds
- 1tsp Yellow mustard seeds
- 1tsp Brown mustard seeds
- 1tsp Cumin seeds
- 1tsp Turmeric powder
- 1tsp Ginger powder
- 1tsp Kashmiri chili powder
- 50g Coconut Oil
- 50g Garlic, fresh and crushed
- 50g Ginger, fresh and grated
- 250g / 2lge Brown onions, diced
- 250g / 2lge Carrots, diced
- 250g / 2med Sweet potato, diced
- 250g / 4 sticks Celery, diced
- 250g / ¼ Pumpkin, diced
- 1can Chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1L Massel Vegetarian white stock / water
- 1 can TCC Coconut milk
To Serve Optional:
- Coriander leaves
- Mint leaves
- Diced deseeded cucumber
- In a large heavy based fry pan, toast all dry spices over a low to medium heat, whole stirring regularly until fragrant and warmed through.
- Add oil, ginger, garlic, and onion, sauté until onions are translucent and everything is combined.
- Add all vegetables and toss through to ensure even coverage of spices.
- Add enough stock to just cover, add additional water if necessary.
- Gently simmer for up to 30 minutes or until vegetables are cooked through but still holding their shape.
- Add chickpeas and cook for a further 5 minutes until chickpeas are heated through.
- If adding coconut milk, add it now and reduce for up to a further 10 minutes.
- Serve curry on its own or with rice if desired.
- Whilst some save the aquafaba from chickpeas to form a vegan meringue, it is also often the cause of gas/ bloating/ flatulence, so I choose to drain and rinse it away.
- Grain free breadcrumbs or from homemade bread is a good substitute for GF bread crumbs.
- Gluten free
- Grain free, optional
- Low Fructose / Minimal sugar
- Keto Friendly
Ingredients: 500g dried chickpeas, soaked in cold water overnight 1-2 sticks of celery, finely chopped 1 large onion, chopped 150ml extra virgin olive oil, plus extra for serving Juice of 1 lemon, or more if needed 2 tbsp fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped A sprinkling...
Ingredients: Makes 500ml 1 tablespoon vegetable oil 1 small onion, chopped 2 garlic cloves, chopped 1 cup chopped carrot 10 habanero or carolina reaper chillies 60 ml (1⁄4 cup) lime juice 60 ml (1⁄4 cup) white vinegar 1 teaspoon English mustard 1 teaspoon salt 250 ml...
Ingredients: Makes 6 - 8 large muffins depending on amount of filling 500gm flour 500ml milk 2 eggs 20gm Baking powder 1 cup veg oil Equipment 1 x Large 6 Muffin tray Baking paper cut into 15x15cm square and cut from point ¾ into the center to make a windmill kind of...
Ingredients: 2 tbsp olive oil 1kg potatoes, cubes 1 onion, diced 2 sticks celery, sliced 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped 1 butternut pumpkin (1.5-2kg), cubed 3 saffron threads Pinch of salt and pepper Sprig of Rosemary 1.5 litres chicken stock 1 carrot, chopped...
Ingredients: Serves 2 1 tbsp Australian extra virgin olive oil 1 Australian red onion Small bunch Australian spring onions Small bunch Australian Kale 1 Australian red capsicum 1 clove Australian garlic ½ tsp cumin 1 tsp paprika Pinch cayenne pepper (optional) 1 tin...
Ingredients: 8 chicken thigh skin on Brine 500ml butter milk 1 onion 2 cloves garlic 1tbsp salt 1tsp cracked black pepper Dressing 1 cup Sour cream 1 cup Buttermilk 2 tbsp chopped Chives 1 tbsp Dijon mustard 1 tbsp Honey 2 tbsp Apple cider vinegar 1 cup Extra Virgin...