Vegetarian Chickpea CurryElena Duggan
- 1tsp Coriander seeds
- 1tsp Yellow mustard seeds
- 1tsp Brown mustard seeds
- 1tsp Cumin seeds
- 1tsp Turmeric powder
- 1tsp Ginger powder
- 1tsp Kashmiri chili powder
- 50g Coconut Oil
- 50g Garlic, fresh and crushed
- 50g Ginger, fresh and grated
- 250g / 2lge Brown onions, diced
- 250g / 2lge Carrots, diced
- 250g / 2med Sweet potato, diced
- 250g / 4 sticks Celery, diced
- 250g / ¼ Pumpkin, diced
- 1can Chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1L Massel Vegetarian white stock / water
- 1 can TCC Coconut milk
To Serve Optional:
- Coriander leaves
- Mint leaves
- Diced deseeded cucumber
- In a large heavy based fry pan, toast all dry spices over a low to medium heat, whole stirring regularly until fragrant and warmed through.
- Add oil, ginger, garlic, and onion, sauté until onions are translucent and everything is combined.
- Add all vegetables and toss through to ensure even coverage of spices.
- Add enough stock to just cover, add additional water if necessary.
- Gently simmer for up to 30 minutes or until vegetables are cooked through but still holding their shape.
- Add chickpeas and cook for a further 5 minutes until chickpeas are heated through.
- If adding coconut milk, add it now and reduce for up to a further 10 minutes.
- Serve curry on its own or with rice if desired.
- Whilst some save the aquafaba from chickpeas to form a vegan meringue, it is also often the cause of gas/ bloating/ flatulence, so I choose to drain and rinse it away.
- Grain free breadcrumbs or from homemade bread is a good substitute for GF bread crumbs.
- Gluten free
- Grain free, optional
- Low Fructose / Minimal sugar
- Keto Friendly
Ingredients: Serves 4 12 eggs, best quality you can afford 150ml sparkling water 2 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan Sea salt and freshly cracked pepper 20g butter 4 thick slices of sourdough, toasted/charred Method: Mix together the eggs, sparkling water, parmesan...
Ingredients: Serves 4 500gm field mushroom finely chopped 2 cups green olives 1/4 bunch mint 1/4 bunch flat-leaf parsley 100gm ricotta cheese fresh Lemon juice and zest 1 clove of garlic 2 fresh red chillies Olive oil 1-cup thick cream 100gm Parmesan cheese Method: In...
Ingredients: Serves 2 Salad 1/8 Australian Kent pumpkin, skin on 1 tsp Australian extra virgin olive oil Pinch sea salt Cracked black pepper 4 Australian Jerusalem artichokes Handful Australian green beans 4 Australian prunes ¼ cup Australian pecans 2 tbsp goats...
Ingredients: 1.5kg Pork belly strips or ribs Marinade 5 tbsp ABC Sweet Soy Sauce (Kecap Manis) 1 Lime (zested & juiced) 1 Red chilli (chopped) 20g Palm sugar 1 tsp Yeo’s Pure Sesame oil 2 tsp Lemongrass (finely chopped) 1 tbsp Oil Method: Blend all the marinade...
Ingredients: 1kg of chuck, flank, shin or brisket trimmed and cut into 3cm cubes 2 clove of garlic 1 small bunch of thyme 1 tspn of black peppercorns 500ml Guinness or dark ale 8 shallots peeled 1 tbsp vegemite 500gm bought puff pastry 100gm Stilton blue cheese or...
Ingredients: 4-6 streaky pork belly cutlets, skin removed, cutlets cut into strips 5 cm thick Marinade 2 onions, finely chopped 10 garlic cloves, crushed 2 cm piece fresh ginger, finely chopped 250 ml (1 cup) kochujang (Korean chilli paste) 4 tablespoons sugar 2...