Vegetarian Chickpea CurryElena Duggan
- 1tsp Coriander seeds
- 1tsp Yellow mustard seeds
- 1tsp Brown mustard seeds
- 1tsp Cumin seeds
- 1tsp Turmeric powder
- 1tsp Ginger powder
- 1tsp Kashmiri chili powder
- 50g Coconut Oil
- 50g Garlic, fresh and crushed
- 50g Ginger, fresh and grated
- 250g / 2lge Brown onions, diced
- 250g / 2lge Carrots, diced
- 250g / 2med Sweet potato, diced
- 250g / 4 sticks Celery, diced
- 250g / ¼ Pumpkin, diced
- 1can Chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1L Massel Vegetarian white stock / water
- 1 can TCC Coconut milk
To Serve Optional:
- Coriander leaves
- Mint leaves
- Diced deseeded cucumber
- In a large heavy based fry pan, toast all dry spices over a low to medium heat, whole stirring regularly until fragrant and warmed through.
- Add oil, ginger, garlic, and onion, sauté until onions are translucent and everything is combined.
- Add all vegetables and toss through to ensure even coverage of spices.
- Add enough stock to just cover, add additional water if necessary.
- Gently simmer for up to 30 minutes or until vegetables are cooked through but still holding their shape.
- Add chickpeas and cook for a further 5 minutes until chickpeas are heated through.
- If adding coconut milk, add it now and reduce for up to a further 10 minutes.
- Serve curry on its own or with rice if desired.
- Whilst some save the aquafaba from chickpeas to form a vegan meringue, it is also often the cause of gas/ bloating/ flatulence, so I choose to drain and rinse it away.
- Grain free breadcrumbs or from homemade bread is a good substitute for GF bread crumbs.
- Gluten free
- Grain free, optional
- Low Fructose / Minimal sugar
- Keto Friendly
Ingredients: Serves: 4 800g Hanger Steak Sea Salt 1 small yellow pepper, seeds removed, roughly chopped 6 Yellow baby Tomatoes 1 small red chilli, seeds removed ½ tsp dried flaked chillies 2 Garlic cloves, peeled 20g fresh parsley, including any tender stalks 10g each...
Ingredients: 4 roma tomatoes ½ brown onion, finely diced 2 garlic cloves, finely diced 1 tbsp chilli oil ½ cup white wine 500g goolwa pippies 1 cup parsley leaves, chopped 250g fresh taglierini or linguine 1 lemon, juice only 50g unsalted butter Sea salt flakes Black...
Ingredients: 3 cups plain flour, plus extra Salt 1 ¼ cups warm water 150ml Peanut oil, plus extra Cheese Filling: 500g ricotta cheese 100gm Greek fetta 300gm cottage cheese 300ml thickened cream 2 eggs Salt Method: Combine the cheeses in a large bowl and mix together,...
Ingredients: Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Velisha Farms 1 tbsp oil 225g Chicken mince 2 tbsp fish sauce 1 lime, juice only 1 tsp caster sugar 3 spring onions, finely chopped ¼ cucumber, finely diced 2 red chillies, finely sliced 1cm ginger,...
Ingredients: 6 chicken thighs 3 cups fresh breadcrumbs ½ bunch parsley 100g parmigiano cheese 2 garlic cloves Sea salt Black pepper Flour, for dusting 2 eggs Method: Blitz the parsley, cheese and garlic into a fine crumb and mix through the breadcrumbs. Season with...
Ingredients: 1/2 head of cauliflower, outer leaves removed and retained, cauliflower chopped into florets. 1 clove of garlic - peeled & sliced in half 1 tsp of sultanas or raisins (optional) 6 black peppercorns 1/4 tsp turmeric 1/4 tsp curry powder 3/4 cup...