Vegetarian Chickpea CurryElena Duggan
- 1tsp Coriander seeds
- 1tsp Yellow mustard seeds
- 1tsp Brown mustard seeds
- 1tsp Cumin seeds
- 1tsp Turmeric powder
- 1tsp Ginger powder
- 1tsp Kashmiri chili powder
- 50g Coconut Oil
- 50g Garlic, fresh and crushed
- 50g Ginger, fresh and grated
- 250g / 2lge Brown onions, diced
- 250g / 2lge Carrots, diced
- 250g / 2med Sweet potato, diced
- 250g / 4 sticks Celery, diced
- 250g / ¼ Pumpkin, diced
- 1can Chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1L Massel Vegetarian white stock / water
- 1 can TCC Coconut milk
To Serve Optional:
- Coriander leaves
- Mint leaves
- Diced deseeded cucumber
- In a large heavy based fry pan, toast all dry spices over a low to medium heat, whole stirring regularly until fragrant and warmed through.
- Add oil, ginger, garlic, and onion, sauté until onions are translucent and everything is combined.
- Add all vegetables and toss through to ensure even coverage of spices.
- Add enough stock to just cover, add additional water if necessary.
- Gently simmer for up to 30 minutes or until vegetables are cooked through but still holding their shape.
- Add chickpeas and cook for a further 5 minutes until chickpeas are heated through.
- If adding coconut milk, add it now and reduce for up to a further 10 minutes.
- Serve curry on its own or with rice if desired.
- Whilst some save the aquafaba from chickpeas to form a vegan meringue, it is also often the cause of gas/ bloating/ flatulence, so I choose to drain and rinse it away.
- Grain free breadcrumbs or from homemade bread is a good substitute for GF bread crumbs.
- Gluten free
- Grain free, optional
- Low Fructose / Minimal sugar
- Keto Friendly
Ingredients: Serves: 2-4 2 x 250g T-bone or Rump steak Sea salt 2 Tbsp Olive oil 2 Tbsp Butter 1 brown onion, diced 2-3 cloves garlic, finely chopped 1 tsp dried chilli flakes 2 tsp dried mixed herbs 40 ‘twists’ cracked black pepper 2 chicken stock cubes, crumbled 2-3...
Ingredients: Crown Pumpkin (or similar) Pumpkin Puree: 250g Pumpkin seeds 100g Miso 500g Spanish Onion 100g Butter Method: Pumpkin Puree: Roast pumpkin seeds at 200 degrees until golden Sweat down onions in butter until nice and golden Once all cooked blitz together...
Ingredients: 1kg pork mince 1 brown onion, finely diced 2 cloves garlic, finely diced 1 cup grated parmigiano cheese 1 egg 1/2 cup fresh breadcrumbs Plain flour, for dusting White Wine Sauce: 2 cups white wine 1 bunch sage leaves 2 sprigs of rosemary 2 bay leaves 6...
Ingredients: Serves: 4-6 500g beef mince 3 lemongrass stalks, white part only, grated 3 spring onions, white and green separated, each finely chopped 1 large clove garlic, grated ½ cup chopped coriander (stems included) 1 Tbsp fish sauce 1 Tbsp caster sugar 1 tsp salt...
Ingredients: Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Wine Selectors Serves: 4 Four quails 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and finely chopped 6-8 leaves of sage, finely chopped Sea salt and cracked pepper 8 strips smoky pancetta Olive oil Lemon halves for...
Ingredients: Serves: 4 2 tablespoon olive oil 3 garlic cloves, crushed 500g chicken breast, whole 1 brown onion, finely diced 1 cup dry white wine 1 cup cream 2 tablespoons tarragon, coarsely chopped 1 teaspoon cornflour serve with steamed rice and blanched broccolini...