Vegetarian Chickpea CurryElena Duggan
- 1tsp Coriander seeds
- 1tsp Yellow mustard seeds
- 1tsp Brown mustard seeds
- 1tsp Cumin seeds
- 1tsp Turmeric powder
- 1tsp Ginger powder
- 1tsp Kashmiri chili powder
- 50g Coconut Oil
- 50g Garlic, fresh and crushed
- 50g Ginger, fresh and grated
- 250g / 2lge Brown onions, diced
- 250g / 2lge Carrots, diced
- 250g / 2med Sweet potato, diced
- 250g / 4 sticks Celery, diced
- 250g / ¼ Pumpkin, diced
- 1can Chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1L Massel Vegetarian white stock / water
- 1 can TCC Coconut milk
To Serve Optional:
- Coriander leaves
- Mint leaves
- Diced deseeded cucumber
- In a large heavy based fry pan, toast all dry spices over a low to medium heat, whole stirring regularly until fragrant and warmed through.
- Add oil, ginger, garlic, and onion, sauté until onions are translucent and everything is combined.
- Add all vegetables and toss through to ensure even coverage of spices.
- Add enough stock to just cover, add additional water if necessary.
- Gently simmer for up to 30 minutes or until vegetables are cooked through but still holding their shape.
- Add chickpeas and cook for a further 5 minutes until chickpeas are heated through.
- If adding coconut milk, add it now and reduce for up to a further 10 minutes.
- Serve curry on its own or with rice if desired.
- Whilst some save the aquafaba from chickpeas to form a vegan meringue, it is also often the cause of gas/ bloating/ flatulence, so I choose to drain and rinse it away.
- Grain free breadcrumbs or from homemade bread is a good substitute for GF bread crumbs.
- Gluten free
- Grain free, optional
- Low Fructose / Minimal sugar
- Keto Friendly
Ingredients: 2 heads broccoli 1 large leek, halved lengthwise, rinsed 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil 1 head garlic, unpeeled 4 cups (1L) chicken or vegetable stock 120g baby spinach leaves 125g sour cream, plus extra to serve Chilli flakes & herbs, such as basil,...
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Asian Inspirations Ingredients: 2 pieces Shimeji mushroom (thinly sliced) 2 pieces Red capsicum (thinly sliced) 2 pieces Zucchini (thinly sliced) 2 pieces Eggplant (thinly sliced) 2 pieces Sweet potato...
Ingredients: 30ml Vegetable oil 1 tin of chopped tomatoes 3 small red onions, 1 sliced, 2 roughly chopped 1 Red Scotch bonnet, finely chopped 100g Tomato paste 2 Tsp curry powder 1 Tsp Thyme, Fresh preferably but dried will also work 2 Bay leaves 1lt Chicken...
Ingredients:For pastry: 225g Plain Flour 100g Butter, unsalted (Make sure it’s really cold!) 4 Tbsp water, chilled For Filling: 250ml Cream 2 Large Eggs 200g Gaunchalie (or bacon) 1 Brown Onion, diced 100g Heritage baby tomatoes (halved) 125g Gruyère cheese 50g...
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Ocean Spray Ingredients: 400g Venison Loin 1 Carrot chopped 1 Brown onion, diced 1 Bay Leaf 2 Sprigs Rosemary 1 Bulb Garlic 1 Glass Red wine 1 Tbsp Tomato paste 700ml Beef Stock 100g Dark chocolate ...
Ingredients: 100g self raising flour 1 egg 3 tbs sour cream 2 tins corn ½ bunch coriander 1 bunch spring onions 2 avocados 1 shallot 1 long red chilli 2 limes Method: n a mixing bowl, combine your egg, the tinned corn, ½ a shallot, sour cream and flour together,...