Vietnamese Vermicelli BowlElena Duggan and Khanh Ong
- 200g chicken thigh fillets (skin on)
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 minced shallot
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp peanut oil
- 1 stalk of lemongrass finely chopped
- 1 red chilli chopped
- pinch of salt
- 100g cooked vermicelli noodles
- 1⁄2 a carrot julienned
- 1⁄2 a lebanese cucumber julienned
- 4 cos lettuce leaves
- 1⁄2 cup of bean sprouts
- 1⁄2 cup of shredded red cabbage
- 1 bunch of mint
- 1 bunch of coriander
- 1 bunch of vietnamese mint
- 1⁄2 cup of nuoc mam dressing
- 1 tbsp roasted peanuts
- 1⁄2 a red chilli sliced
- 1 cheek of lime
- Place all the ingredients in a ziploc bag and mix well and leave to marinate 30 minutes.
- heat a large griddle pan on medium and place the pieces of chicken onto the pan after the excess marinate has dripped off. cook for 3-4 minutes each side and then rest for 5 minutes before slicing.
- place vermicelli, carrot, cucumber, lettuce, bean sprouts and cabbage into a bowl.
- place sliced chicken into bowl and set aside
- scatter a handful of herbs over the bowl
- dress with nuoc man
- scatter peanuts and red chilli over
- garnish with lime
Ingredients: 4 duck breast 1 tablspoon brown sugar ½ tablespoon salt ¼ bunch thyme 1 tsp five spice butter garlic Sauce 1/3 cup sugar 1/3 cup fresh orange juice (from 1 to 2 oranges) segments of one orange 2 tablespoons white-wine vinegar 1/8 teaspoon salt 2 to 4...
Ingredients: Serve 4 4 thick King salmon or Atlantic salmon Vegetable oil Lime wedges Marinade 2 pinches of salt 2 teaspoons chilli powder juice of 1 lime 1 teaspoon sugar 2 teaspoons garlic paste 2 teaspoons ginger paste Crust 180g white split peas (urad dal) 1...
Ingredients: Mornay Sauce 25gm unsalted butter 25gm Laucke plain flour 1 cup full cream milk 80gm Gruyere cheese grated Salt White pepper For the Sandwich Four thick slices white bread 100gm unsalted butter 2 tsp Dijon mustard 4 slices Gruyere cheese (80gm) 200gm...
Ingredients: 500g kangaroo sirloin cut into thin strips 2 tablespoons cornflour 2 tablespoon sunflower oil for frying 2 green capsicums – cut into strips 2 bunch of broccolini – bottom end removed and cut in half 1 bunch green onions – green and whites finely chopped...
Ingredients: Makes Two 4 rounds or Rye bread slices 300gm sliced pastrami 100gm sauerkraut 200gm comte cheese or cheddar 2 large garlic and dill pickles cut in half 4 tbsp kewpie mayo 1 tbsp hot English mustard 100gm butter soft Method: Combine the hot English mustard...
Ingredients: Serves 4 1 ½ cups plain flour 1 teaspoon baking powder 4 eggs separated 1 cup butter milk 1 cup ricotta 1 cup corn frozen 1 small bunch coriander leaves chopped 1 lg smashed avo 200gm chopped tomatoes 1/4 medium red onion sliced 1 clove of garlic chopped...