Vietnamese Vermicelli BowlElena Duggan and Khanh Ong
- 200g chicken thigh fillets (skin on)
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 minced shallot
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp peanut oil
- 1 stalk of lemongrass finely chopped
- 1 red chilli chopped
- pinch of salt
- 100g cooked vermicelli noodles
- 1⁄2 a carrot julienned
- 1⁄2 a lebanese cucumber julienned
- 4 cos lettuce leaves
- 1⁄2 cup of bean sprouts
- 1⁄2 cup of shredded red cabbage
- 1 bunch of mint
- 1 bunch of coriander
- 1 bunch of vietnamese mint
- 1⁄2 cup of nuoc mam dressing
- 1 tbsp roasted peanuts
- 1⁄2 a red chilli sliced
- 1 cheek of lime
- Place all the ingredients in a ziploc bag and mix well and leave to marinate 30 minutes.
- heat a large griddle pan on medium and place the pieces of chicken onto the pan after the excess marinate has dripped off. cook for 3-4 minutes each side and then rest for 5 minutes before slicing.
- place vermicelli, carrot, cucumber, lettuce, bean sprouts and cabbage into a bowl.
- place sliced chicken into bowl and set aside
- scatter a handful of herbs over the bowl
- dress with nuoc man
- scatter peanuts and red chilli over
- garnish with lime
Ingredients: 2 cup caster sugar 2 cups soy sauce 1 cup shao-hsing wine 3L water 2 inch piece ginger 8 cloves garlic 6 spring onions, 5cm batons 8 star anise 8 coriander seeds 4 cinnamon quills 4 cloves 2 pork trotters Method: Place an even layer of sugar in a large...
Ingredients: 2 cups of black-eyed beans 1 bunch of English spinach (or baby spinach, if preferred), Roughly chopped and thoroughly washed 6 spring onions, finely chopped 1 onion, sliced 1/2 cup of olive oil 1 tbsp white wine vinegar juice of 1 lemon a few sprigs of...
Ingredients: Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Let's Go Motorhomes and Big4 Holiday Parks Assortment of Sausages 100ml Mayonnaise ½ bulb of roasted black garlic ½ lemon juiced Long metal skewers Method: Grill your sausages on your bbq until...
Ingredients: Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Asian InspirationsSalmon: 200g Fresh Australian salmon, skin on, pin bones removed 50ml Vegetable oil Miso Glaze: 50g White miso paste 50ml Obento Mirin Seasoning 50g Sugar Togarashi Crackers: 1 each...
Ingredients: Serves: 4 2 Tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil, plus extra 1 brown onion, finely grated 2 cloves garlic, finely grated 1g saffron threads 400g Arborio Rice ½ cup dry white wine 1.5 Litres Vegetable stock 50g unsalted butter 125g parmesan, finely grated Method:...
Ingredients: Serves: 4 800g Hanger Steak Sea Salt 1 small yellow pepper, seeds removed, roughly chopped 6 Yellow baby Tomatoes 1 small red chilli, seeds removed ½ tsp dried flaked chillies 2 Garlic cloves, peeled 20g fresh parsley, including any tender stalks 10g each...