Vietnamese Vermicelli BowlElena Duggan and Khanh Ong
- 200g chicken thigh fillets (skin on)
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 minced shallot
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp peanut oil
- 1 stalk of lemongrass finely chopped
- 1 red chilli chopped
- pinch of salt
- 100g cooked vermicelli noodles
- 1⁄2 a carrot julienned
- 1⁄2 a lebanese cucumber julienned
- 4 cos lettuce leaves
- 1⁄2 cup of bean sprouts
- 1⁄2 cup of shredded red cabbage
- 1 bunch of mint
- 1 bunch of coriander
- 1 bunch of vietnamese mint
- 1⁄2 cup of nuoc mam dressing
- 1 tbsp roasted peanuts
- 1⁄2 a red chilli sliced
- 1 cheek of lime
- Place all the ingredients in a ziploc bag and mix well and leave to marinate 30 minutes.
- heat a large griddle pan on medium and place the pieces of chicken onto the pan after the excess marinate has dripped off. cook for 3-4 minutes each side and then rest for 5 minutes before slicing.
- place vermicelli, carrot, cucumber, lettuce, bean sprouts and cabbage into a bowl.
- place sliced chicken into bowl and set aside
- scatter a handful of herbs over the bowl
- dress with nuoc man
- scatter peanuts and red chilli over
- garnish with lime
Ingredients: Serves 4 10 ripe figs 2 long red chillies ½ bunch basil Extra virgin olive oil 4 slices of sour dough bread 50g parmesan cheese 2 whole buffalo mozzarella ½ cup of crème criache Baking paper Method: Grill the chillies on your stovetop to blacken and...
Ingredients: 4 thick pork loin chops skin off 4 cloves garlic, roughly chopped 1 stick of rosemary, leaves picked and roughly chopped 4 fresh bay leaves, roughly chopped 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar 1/4 cup olive oil 1 teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper Flaky salt Apple...
Ingredients: Serves 6 2 bulbs garlic 6 large chicken thighs, on the bone, skin on 4 long stalks rosemary, sprigs removed (about 20) 1/4 bunch thyme salt and freshly ground black pepper A drizzle of olive oil Approx. 500 ml (17 fl oz/2 cups) Massel https://massel.com/...
Ingredients: Yorkshire Pudding Batter 225gm flour Pinch salt 3 eggs whole 200ml milk 200ml water The Toad 8 course minced pork sausages 4 Streaky bacon rashers 8inch long fresh rosemary sprigs Cracked black pepper Veg oil 1/2 cup The Sauce 1 large brown onion peeled...
Ingredients: 320g semolina plus a little extra 40g greens such as spinach or Tuscan kale Extra Virgin Olive Oil Sea salt and cracked pepper Pesto 1 garlic clove, peeled 20g pine nuts 50g wild rocket 25g parmesan plus a little extra Juice of 1 lemon Method: To make the...
Ingredients: Serves 4 12 eggs, best quality you can afford 150ml sparkling water 2 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan Sea salt and freshly cracked pepper 20g butter 4 thick slices of sourdough, toasted/charred Method: Mix together the eggs, sparkling water, parmesan...