Vietnamese Vermicelli BowlElena Duggan and Khanh Ong
- 200g chicken thigh fillets (skin on)
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 minced shallot
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp peanut oil
- 1 stalk of lemongrass finely chopped
- 1 red chilli chopped
- pinch of salt
- 100g cooked vermicelli noodles
- 1⁄2 a carrot julienned
- 1⁄2 a lebanese cucumber julienned
- 4 cos lettuce leaves
- 1⁄2 cup of bean sprouts
- 1⁄2 cup of shredded red cabbage
- 1 bunch of mint
- 1 bunch of coriander
- 1 bunch of vietnamese mint
- 1⁄2 cup of nuoc mam dressing
- 1 tbsp roasted peanuts
- 1⁄2 a red chilli sliced
- 1 cheek of lime
- Place all the ingredients in a ziploc bag and mix well and leave to marinate 30 minutes.
- heat a large griddle pan on medium and place the pieces of chicken onto the pan after the excess marinate has dripped off. cook for 3-4 minutes each side and then rest for 5 minutes before slicing.
- place vermicelli, carrot, cucumber, lettuce, bean sprouts and cabbage into a bowl.
- place sliced chicken into bowl and set aside
- scatter a handful of herbs over the bowl
- dress with nuoc man
- scatter peanuts and red chilli over
- garnish with lime
Ingredients: Serves 4 12 eggs, best quality you can afford 150ml sparkling water 2 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan Sea salt and freshly cracked pepper 20g butter 4 thick slices of sourdough, toasted/charred Method: Mix together the eggs, sparkling water, parmesan...
Ingredients: Serves 4 500gm field mushroom finely chopped 2 cups green olives 1/4 bunch mint 1/4 bunch flat-leaf parsley 100gm ricotta cheese fresh Lemon juice and zest 1 clove of garlic 2 fresh red chillies Olive oil 1-cup thick cream 100gm Parmesan cheese Method: In...
Ingredients: Serves 2 Salad 1/8 Australian Kent pumpkin, skin on 1 tsp Australian extra virgin olive oil Pinch sea salt Cracked black pepper 4 Australian Jerusalem artichokes Handful Australian green beans 4 Australian prunes ¼ cup Australian pecans 2 tbsp goats...
Ingredients: 1.5kg Pork belly strips or ribs Marinade 5 tbsp ABC Sweet Soy Sauce (Kecap Manis) 1 Lime (zested & juiced) 1 Red chilli (chopped) 20g Palm sugar 1 tsp Yeo’s Pure Sesame oil 2 tsp Lemongrass (finely chopped) 1 tbsp Oil Method: Blend all the marinade...
Ingredients: 1kg of chuck, flank, shin or brisket trimmed and cut into 3cm cubes 2 clove of garlic 1 small bunch of thyme 1 tspn of black peppercorns 500ml Guinness or dark ale 8 shallots peeled 1 tbsp vegemite 500gm bought puff pastry 100gm Stilton blue cheese or...
Ingredients: 4-6 streaky pork belly cutlets, skin removed, cutlets cut into strips 5 cm thick Marinade 2 onions, finely chopped 10 garlic cloves, crushed 2 cm piece fresh ginger, finely chopped 250 ml (1 cup) kochujang (Korean chilli paste) 4 tablespoons sugar 2...