Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Asian Inspirations
- 800g Potatoes, peeled and cut into 3cm dice
- 1 ½ tbsp S&B Wasabi Paste
- 100g Cooked corn kernel / canned corn kernel
- 250g Brown onion, small diced
- Vegetable oil, to deep-fry
- Yuzu Mayonnaise (Optional)
- Ingredients for Crumbing
- 2 Eggs, lightly whisked
- Panko Breadcrumbs
- Plain flour
- Boil potatoes for 15 to 20 mins until soft enough to pierce easily with a stick. Drain well. Set aside until cool. Mash potatoes, season with salt, then add corn, sauteed onions and S&B Wasabi Paste.
- Divide potato mixture into 15 portions and form a long rectangular shape. Place flour, whisked egg and breadcrumbs in separate bowls. Roll the croquettes in flour (make sure to coat all surfaces) and shake off excess. Dip in egg, then in breadcrumbs to coat.
- Add enough oil to a large deep saucepan to submerge the croquettes. Heat oil to 180°C, deep-fry the croquettes, in batches of 3 to 4 until golden.
- Drain oil. Transfer to a plate. Serve with Japanese mayonnaise and salad of your choice.