- 500g Chicken thigh fillets, cut into 3cm cube
- 1lge Eggplant, cut into 3cm cubes – or 3 Lebanese eggplants split down the length
- 50g Tamari
- 50g Sake (Obento)
- 50g Mirin (Obento)
- 100g Maple syrup
- 100g Chicken stock (Massell)
- Obento Yakitori Sauce
- 1lge Continental cucumber, ribbons
- 25g Sesame oil (Yeos)
- 25g Rice wine vinegar (Obento)
- 25g Mirin (Obento)
- Fresh wasabi (S&B), to taste
- 25g Toasted sesame seeds
- Thoroughly combine marinade ingredients in a large bowl.
- Thread all chicken onto skewers, and all eggplant on to separate skewers and plate in spate flat dishes or containers with lids.
- Pour approx. half the marinade all over the eggplant and roll around until all sides are in contact with the marinade – marinade for 20-60 minutes.
- Repeat the marinade and roll for the chicken. Chicken can marinade in advance for up to 1-24hours, turning 2-3times.
- Preheat griddle pan or barbecue to medium high.
- Create cucumber salad dressing by thoroughly combining sesame oil, vinegar and mirin and adjust heat level with wasabi to your liking.
- Place yakitori skewers on the hot surface and grill until theres heavy caramelisation on all sides, and cooked through – maybe up to 10minutes turning 3 times, or all sides.
- While yakitori are cooking, dress your cucumber and place in a bowl on a board, sprinkling with sesame seeds, leaving space for cooked skewers.
- Once skewered meat and vegetables are cooked through, place on board and serve.
- Gluten free, when using gluten free soy/ tamari
- Dairy free
- Nut free
Ingredients: 300ml milk, plus extra 7g sachet of dried yeast 25g white caster sugar 50g shortening or lard 425g plain flour, plus extra 20g polenta, optional Unsalted butter Method: Gently warm the milk in a pan until lukewarm or body temperature, 37ºC. Add the yeast...
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Wine Selectors Ingredients: 1 medium cauliflower, leaves and stalk trimmed, cut into wedges 400g can lentils, drained and rinsed 1 small white onion, thinly sliced Juice of 1/2 lemon 1 1/2 tbsp extra virgin...
Ingredients:For Dough: 500g plain flour 190g cold unsalted butter, cut into cubes ½ tsp salt 60ml warm water 1 egg, at room temperature and whisked For Filling: 600g smoked ham, diced 200g mozzarella, diced 200g cheddar, diced 200g brown onion, diced 80g...
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Massel Ingredients: 500g gnocchi 2 potatoes, diced 1 clove of garlic, chopped 1 tsp dried chillies 1 leek, sliced 2 rosemary sprigs 100g pancetta, rind removed and diced 500ml Massel Veg Stock Method:...
Ingredients: 1 head cauliflower, cut into pieces 1 green banana chilli, sliced 1 bunch mint, picked 1 cup Indian style yoghurt Pinch of sea salt flakes ½ tsp garam masala powder ¼ tsp dry mango powder ¼ tsp fenugreek powder Vegetable oil for frying Method: Fry...
Ingredients: 500g good quality spaghettini Table salt (for pasta water) 8 birdseye chilli, sliced finely 5 cloves garlic, chopped ½ bunch flat leaf parsley, washed and chopped finely, stem and leaf 250ml olive oil Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste A...