- 500g Chicken thigh fillets, cut into 3cm cube
- 1lge Eggplant, cut into 3cm cubes – or 3 Lebanese eggplants split down the length
- 50g Tamari
- 50g Sake (Obento)
- 50g Mirin (Obento)
- 100g Maple syrup
- 100g Chicken stock (Massell)
- Obento Yakitori Sauce
- 1lge Continental cucumber, ribbons
- 25g Sesame oil (Yeos)
- 25g Rice wine vinegar (Obento)
- 25g Mirin (Obento)
- Fresh wasabi (S&B), to taste
- 25g Toasted sesame seeds
- Thoroughly combine marinade ingredients in a large bowl.
- Thread all chicken onto skewers, and all eggplant on to separate skewers and plate in spate flat dishes or containers with lids.
- Pour approx. half the marinade all over the eggplant and roll around until all sides are in contact with the marinade – marinade for 20-60 minutes.
- Repeat the marinade and roll for the chicken. Chicken can marinade in advance for up to 1-24hours, turning 2-3times.
- Preheat griddle pan or barbecue to medium high.
- Create cucumber salad dressing by thoroughly combining sesame oil, vinegar and mirin and adjust heat level with wasabi to your liking.
- Place yakitori skewers on the hot surface and grill until theres heavy caramelisation on all sides, and cooked through – maybe up to 10minutes turning 3 times, or all sides.
- While yakitori are cooking, dress your cucumber and place in a bowl on a board, sprinkling with sesame seeds, leaving space for cooked skewers.
- Once skewered meat and vegetables are cooked through, place on board and serve.
- Gluten free, when using gluten free soy/ tamari
- Dairy free
- Nut free
Ingredients: Serves: 2-4 2 x 250g T-bone or Rump steak Sea salt 2 Tbsp Olive oil 2 Tbsp Butter 1 brown onion, diced 2-3 cloves garlic, finely chopped 1 tsp dried chilli flakes 2 tsp dried mixed herbs 40 ‘twists’ cracked black pepper 2 chicken stock cubes, crumbled 2-3...
Ingredients: Crown Pumpkin (or similar) Pumpkin Puree: 250g Pumpkin seeds 100g Miso 500g Spanish Onion 100g Butter Method: Pumpkin Puree: Roast pumpkin seeds at 200 degrees until golden Sweat down onions in butter until nice and golden Once all cooked blitz together...
Ingredients: 1kg pork mince 1 brown onion, finely diced 2 cloves garlic, finely diced 1 cup grated parmigiano cheese 1 egg 1/2 cup fresh breadcrumbs Plain flour, for dusting White Wine Sauce: 2 cups white wine 1 bunch sage leaves 2 sprigs of rosemary 2 bay leaves 6...
Ingredients: Serves: 4-6 500g beef mince 3 lemongrass stalks, white part only, grated 3 spring onions, white and green separated, each finely chopped 1 large clove garlic, grated ½ cup chopped coriander (stems included) 1 Tbsp fish sauce 1 Tbsp caster sugar 1 tsp salt...
Ingredients: Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Wine Selectors Serves: 4 Four quails 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and finely chopped 6-8 leaves of sage, finely chopped Sea salt and cracked pepper 8 strips smoky pancetta Olive oil Lemon halves for...
Ingredients: Serves: 4 2 tablespoon olive oil 3 garlic cloves, crushed 500g chicken breast, whole 1 brown onion, finely diced 1 cup dry white wine 1 cup cream 2 tablespoons tarragon, coarsely chopped 1 teaspoon cornflour serve with steamed rice and blanched broccolini...