- 500g Chicken thigh fillets, cut into 3cm cube
- 1lge Eggplant, cut into 3cm cubes – or 3 Lebanese eggplants split down the length
- 50g Tamari
- 50g Sake (Obento)
- 50g Mirin (Obento)
- 100g Maple syrup
- 100g Chicken stock (Massell)
- Obento Yakitori Sauce
- 1lge Continental cucumber, ribbons
- 25g Sesame oil (Yeos)
- 25g Rice wine vinegar (Obento)
- 25g Mirin (Obento)
- Fresh wasabi (S&B), to taste
- 25g Toasted sesame seeds
- Thoroughly combine marinade ingredients in a large bowl.
- Thread all chicken onto skewers, and all eggplant on to separate skewers and plate in spate flat dishes or containers with lids.
- Pour approx. half the marinade all over the eggplant and roll around until all sides are in contact with the marinade – marinade for 20-60 minutes.
- Repeat the marinade and roll for the chicken. Chicken can marinade in advance for up to 1-24hours, turning 2-3times.
- Preheat griddle pan or barbecue to medium high.
- Create cucumber salad dressing by thoroughly combining sesame oil, vinegar and mirin and adjust heat level with wasabi to your liking.
- Place yakitori skewers on the hot surface and grill until theres heavy caramelisation on all sides, and cooked through – maybe up to 10minutes turning 3 times, or all sides.
- While yakitori are cooking, dress your cucumber and place in a bowl on a board, sprinkling with sesame seeds, leaving space for cooked skewers.
- Once skewered meat and vegetables are cooked through, place on board and serve.
- Gluten free, when using gluten free soy/ tamari
- Dairy free
- Nut free
Ingredients: Serves 4 12 eggs, best quality you can afford 150ml sparkling water 2 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan Sea salt and freshly cracked pepper 20g butter 4 thick slices of sourdough, toasted/charred Method: Mix together the eggs, sparkling water, parmesan...
Ingredients: Serves 4 500gm field mushroom finely chopped 2 cups green olives 1/4 bunch mint 1/4 bunch flat-leaf parsley 100gm ricotta cheese fresh Lemon juice and zest 1 clove of garlic 2 fresh red chillies Olive oil 1-cup thick cream 100gm Parmesan cheese Method: In...
Ingredients: Serves 2 Salad 1/8 Australian Kent pumpkin, skin on 1 tsp Australian extra virgin olive oil Pinch sea salt Cracked black pepper 4 Australian Jerusalem artichokes Handful Australian green beans 4 Australian prunes ¼ cup Australian pecans 2 tbsp goats...
Ingredients: 1.5kg Pork belly strips or ribs Marinade 5 tbsp ABC Sweet Soy Sauce (Kecap Manis) 1 Lime (zested & juiced) 1 Red chilli (chopped) 20g Palm sugar 1 tsp Yeo’s Pure Sesame oil 2 tsp Lemongrass (finely chopped) 1 tbsp Oil Method: Blend all the marinade...
Ingredients: 1kg of chuck, flank, shin or brisket trimmed and cut into 3cm cubes 2 clove of garlic 1 small bunch of thyme 1 tspn of black peppercorns 500ml Guinness or dark ale 8 shallots peeled 1 tbsp vegemite 500gm bought puff pastry 100gm Stilton blue cheese or...
Ingredients: 4-6 streaky pork belly cutlets, skin removed, cutlets cut into strips 5 cm thick Marinade 2 onions, finely chopped 10 garlic cloves, crushed 2 cm piece fresh ginger, finely chopped 250 ml (1 cup) kochujang (Korean chilli paste) 4 tablespoons sugar 2...