- 500g Chicken thigh fillets, cut into 3cm cube
- 1lge Eggplant, cut into 3cm cubes – or 3 Lebanese eggplants split down the length
- 50g Tamari
- 50g Sake (Obento)
- 50g Mirin (Obento)
- 100g Maple syrup
- 100g Chicken stock (Massell)
- Obento Yakitori Sauce
- 1lge Continental cucumber, ribbons
- 25g Sesame oil (Yeos)
- 25g Rice wine vinegar (Obento)
- 25g Mirin (Obento)
- Fresh wasabi (S&B), to taste
- 25g Toasted sesame seeds
- Thoroughly combine marinade ingredients in a large bowl.
- Thread all chicken onto skewers, and all eggplant on to separate skewers and plate in spate flat dishes or containers with lids.
- Pour approx. half the marinade all over the eggplant and roll around until all sides are in contact with the marinade – marinade for 20-60 minutes.
- Repeat the marinade and roll for the chicken. Chicken can marinade in advance for up to 1-24hours, turning 2-3times.
- Preheat griddle pan or barbecue to medium high.
- Create cucumber salad dressing by thoroughly combining sesame oil, vinegar and mirin and adjust heat level with wasabi to your liking.
- Place yakitori skewers on the hot surface and grill until theres heavy caramelisation on all sides, and cooked through – maybe up to 10minutes turning 3 times, or all sides.
- While yakitori are cooking, dress your cucumber and place in a bowl on a board, sprinkling with sesame seeds, leaving space for cooked skewers.
- Once skewered meat and vegetables are cooked through, place on board and serve.
- Gluten free, when using gluten free soy/ tamari
- Dairy free
- Nut free
Ingredients: 4 duck breast 1 tablspoon brown sugar ½ tablespoon salt ¼ bunch thyme 1 tsp five spice butter garlic Sauce 1/3 cup sugar 1/3 cup fresh orange juice (from 1 to 2 oranges) segments of one orange 2 tablespoons white-wine vinegar 1/8 teaspoon salt 2 to 4...
Ingredients: Serve 4 4 thick King salmon or Atlantic salmon Vegetable oil Lime wedges Marinade 2 pinches of salt 2 teaspoons chilli powder juice of 1 lime 1 teaspoon sugar 2 teaspoons garlic paste 2 teaspoons ginger paste Crust 180g white split peas (urad dal) 1...
Ingredients: Mornay Sauce 25gm unsalted butter 25gm Laucke plain flour 1 cup full cream milk 80gm Gruyere cheese grated Salt White pepper For the Sandwich Four thick slices white bread 100gm unsalted butter 2 tsp Dijon mustard 4 slices Gruyere cheese (80gm) 200gm...
Ingredients: 500g kangaroo sirloin cut into thin strips 2 tablespoons cornflour 2 tablespoon sunflower oil for frying 2 green capsicums – cut into strips 2 bunch of broccolini – bottom end removed and cut in half 1 bunch green onions – green and whites finely chopped...
Ingredients: Makes Two 4 rounds or Rye bread slices 300gm sliced pastrami 100gm sauerkraut 200gm comte cheese or cheddar 2 large garlic and dill pickles cut in half 4 tbsp kewpie mayo 1 tbsp hot English mustard 100gm butter soft Method: Combine the hot English mustard...
Ingredients: Serves 4 1 ½ cups plain flour 1 teaspoon baking powder 4 eggs separated 1 cup butter milk 1 cup ricotta 1 cup corn frozen 1 small bunch coriander leaves chopped 1 lg smashed avo 200gm chopped tomatoes 1/4 medium red onion sliced 1 clove of garlic chopped...