- 500g Chicken thigh fillets, cut into 3cm cube
- 1lge Eggplant, cut into 3cm cubes – or 3 Lebanese eggplants split down the length
- 50g Tamari
- 50g Sake (Obento)
- 50g Mirin (Obento)
- 100g Maple syrup
- 100g Chicken stock (Massell)
- Obento Yakitori Sauce
- 1lge Continental cucumber, ribbons
- 25g Sesame oil (Yeos)
- 25g Rice wine vinegar (Obento)
- 25g Mirin (Obento)
- Fresh wasabi (S&B), to taste
- 25g Toasted sesame seeds
- Thoroughly combine marinade ingredients in a large bowl.
- Thread all chicken onto skewers, and all eggplant on to separate skewers and plate in spate flat dishes or containers with lids.
- Pour approx. half the marinade all over the eggplant and roll around until all sides are in contact with the marinade – marinade for 20-60 minutes.
- Repeat the marinade and roll for the chicken. Chicken can marinade in advance for up to 1-24hours, turning 2-3times.
- Preheat griddle pan or barbecue to medium high.
- Create cucumber salad dressing by thoroughly combining sesame oil, vinegar and mirin and adjust heat level with wasabi to your liking.
- Place yakitori skewers on the hot surface and grill until theres heavy caramelisation on all sides, and cooked through – maybe up to 10minutes turning 3 times, or all sides.
- While yakitori are cooking, dress your cucumber and place in a bowl on a board, sprinkling with sesame seeds, leaving space for cooked skewers.
- Once skewered meat and vegetables are cooked through, place on board and serve.
- Gluten free, when using gluten free soy/ tamari
- Dairy free
- Nut free
Picnic Cheese Board
Ingredients: Hard Cheese Soft Cheese Blue Cheese 1 baguette A bunch of Green Grapes Honeycomb Salami (sliced) Smoked Salmon Dip Artisan Crackers Beetroot dip Poppy Seed Skordalia Dip Dukkah Stuffed Bell Peppers Marinated Olives (pitted) Method: There are no rules or...
Roasted Brussel Sprout Salad
Ingredients: 700g sprouts (500g trimmed whole, 200g thinly sliced) 3 garlic cloves, crushed 100g kale, thinly shredded 1 red onion, thinly sliced 150ml olive oil 3 lemons, juiced 2 anchovies in oil, chopped 2 tbsp wholegrain mustard 80g hazelnuts, toasted and...
Salt & Pepper Squid Cones
Ingredients: 1 tbsp sea salt flakes 1 tbsp cracked black pepper 8 cleaned squid tubes, thinly sliced Vegetable oil, for deep-frying 1 cup self-raising flour ½ cup mayonnaise Lemon wedges, to serve Method: Place the salt and pepper in a large bowl and mix to combine....
Zucchini Flower & Ricotta Tart
Serves 4 Ingredients: 2 sheets frozen puff pastry, thawed and halved 500g fresh ricotta 8 slices prosciutto 2 tbsp white balsamic vinegar 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil Sea salt and cracked black pepper 6 zucchini flowers, halved and stamens removed, or 1 zucchini,...
Orecchiette with Broccolini
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Perfection Fresh Ingredients: 500g orecchiette pasta Table salt for pasta water 2 heads broccolini, cut into small pieces, use stalk as well 4 birds eye chilli, sliced finely 5 cloves garlic, chopped 4...
Okonomiyaki (Japanese Pancake)
Ingredients: ½ of a Wombok Cabbage (Shredded ) 3 Carrots (2 grated & 1 julienned) Daikon (julienned) - optional 3 eggs 1 cup of Corn Flour Spring Onions (Chopped) Mint Black & White Sesame Seeds Caster Sugar White Vinegar Kewpie Hoisin Chilli - optional Fried...