Zucchini Flower & Ricotta TartLaura Sharrad
- 2 sheets frozen puff pastry, thawed and halved
- 500g fresh ricotta
- 8 slices prosciutto
- 2 tbsp white balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Sea salt and cracked black pepper
- 6 zucchini flowers, halved and stamens removed, or 1 zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp lemon thyme leaves
- Finely grated parmesan, to serve
- Preheat the oven to 200°C (400°F).
- Score each pastry sheet with a 1cm border. Spread the ricotta within the border and top with the prosciutto.
- Place the tarts on a large oven tray lined with non-stick baking paper. Cook for 15 minutes or until the pastry is golden brown and puffed. While the tarts are cooking, place the vinegar, oil, salt and pepper in a small bowl and mix to combine.
- Top the tarts with the squash, zucchini and lemon thyme. Drizzle over the balsamic dressing. Sprinkle finely grated parmesan and pepper to serve.