Baked BeansElena Duggan
- 400g Borlotti beans, drained and rinsed
- 400g Butter beans, drained and rinsed
- 200g Speck, skinned, finely diced
- 500g Passata
- 150g Water
- 1med Brown onion, finely diced
- 5 Garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 Bay leaves
- 10g Lemon zest
- 25g Paprika, sweet
- 25g Paprika, smoked
- 10g Oregano, dried (or fresh)
- 10g Marjoram, dried (or fresh)
- 50g Australian extra virgin olive oil
- 50g Butter
- Dollop of Labne
- 250g Pork sausage, cut into rounds
- Dried beans can be used, soak overnight then rinse and place in pot
- Substitute the dried herbs for fresh herbs
- Place olive oil, butter, the onion and speck into a large heavy based casserole dish. Stir and fry until fragrant, onion is translucent and speck is starting to colour.
- Add garlic, herbs and spices and toast for another five minutes.
- Add all remaining ingredients and simmer for up to 15 minutes or until liquid has reduced slightly and flavours are fully infused.
- Can be stored in an airtight container in fridge for three days.
- Serve warm with eggs, spinach, with melted cheese or on toast.
- Can be cooked with in a slow cooker with dried bean if desired – before you go to bed so you wake up to the aroma – yum.
- Gluten free
- Lactose free
- Nut free
- Vegetarian optional
- Vegan optional
- Low fructose/ low sugar
Ingredients: 2 cup caster sugar 2 cups soy sauce 1 cup shao-hsing wine 3L water 2 inch piece ginger 8 cloves garlic 6 spring onions, 5cm batons 8 star anise 8 coriander seeds 4 cinnamon quills 4 cloves 2 pork trotters Method: Place an even layer of sugar in a large...
Ingredients: 2 cups of black-eyed beans 1 bunch of English spinach (or baby spinach, if preferred), Roughly chopped and thoroughly washed 6 spring onions, finely chopped 1 onion, sliced 1/2 cup of olive oil 1 tbsp white wine vinegar juice of 1 lemon a few sprigs of...
Ingredients: Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Let's Go Motorhomes and Big4 Holiday Parks Assortment of Sausages 100ml Mayonnaise ½ bulb of roasted black garlic ½ lemon juiced Long metal skewers Method: Grill your sausages on your bbq until...
Ingredients: Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Asian InspirationsSalmon: 200g Fresh Australian salmon, skin on, pin bones removed 50ml Vegetable oil Miso Glaze: 50g White miso paste 50ml Obento Mirin Seasoning 50g Sugar Togarashi Crackers: 1 each...
Ingredients: Serves: 4 2 Tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil, plus extra 1 brown onion, finely grated 2 cloves garlic, finely grated 1g saffron threads 400g Arborio Rice ½ cup dry white wine 1.5 Litres Vegetable stock 50g unsalted butter 125g parmesan, finely grated Method:...
Ingredients: Serves: 4 800g Hanger Steak Sea Salt 1 small yellow pepper, seeds removed, roughly chopped 6 Yellow baby Tomatoes 1 small red chilli, seeds removed ½ tsp dried flaked chillies 2 Garlic cloves, peeled 20g fresh parsley, including any tender stalks 10g each...