Baked BeansElena Duggan
- 400g Borlotti beans, drained and rinsed
- 400g Butter beans, drained and rinsed
- 200g Speck, skinned, finely diced
- 500g Passata
- 150g Water
- 1med Brown onion, finely diced
- 5 Garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 Bay leaves
- 10g Lemon zest
- 25g Paprika, sweet
- 25g Paprika, smoked
- 10g Oregano, dried (or fresh)
- 10g Marjoram, dried (or fresh)
- 50g Australian extra virgin olive oil
- 50g Butter
- Dollop of Labne
- 250g Pork sausage, cut into rounds
- Dried beans can be used, soak overnight then rinse and place in pot
- Substitute the dried herbs for fresh herbs
- Place olive oil, butter, the onion and speck into a large heavy based casserole dish. Stir and fry until fragrant, onion is translucent and speck is starting to colour.
- Add garlic, herbs and spices and toast for another five minutes.
- Add all remaining ingredients and simmer for up to 15 minutes or until liquid has reduced slightly and flavours are fully infused.
- Can be stored in an airtight container in fridge for three days.
- Serve warm with eggs, spinach, with melted cheese or on toast.
- Can be cooked with in a slow cooker with dried bean if desired – before you go to bed so you wake up to the aroma – yum.
- Gluten free
- Lactose free
- Nut free
- Vegetarian optional
- Vegan optional
- Low fructose/ low sugar
Ingredients: Hard Cheese Soft Cheese Blue Cheese 1 baguette A bunch of Green Grapes Honeycomb Salami (sliced) Smoked Salmon Dip Artisan Crackers Beetroot dip Poppy Seed Skordalia Dip Dukkah Stuffed Bell Peppers Marinated Olives (pitted) Method: There are no rules or...
Ingredients: 700g sprouts (500g trimmed whole, 200g thinly sliced) 3 garlic cloves, crushed 100g kale, thinly shredded 1 red onion, thinly sliced 150ml olive oil 3 lemons, juiced 2 anchovies in oil, chopped 2 tbsp wholegrain mustard 80g hazelnuts, toasted and...
Ingredients: 1 tbsp sea salt flakes 1 tbsp cracked black pepper 8 cleaned squid tubes, thinly sliced Vegetable oil, for deep-frying 1 cup self-raising flour ½ cup mayonnaise Lemon wedges, to serve Method: Place the salt and pepper in a large bowl and mix to combine....
Serves 4 Ingredients: 2 sheets frozen puff pastry, thawed and halved 500g fresh ricotta 8 slices prosciutto 2 tbsp white balsamic vinegar 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil Sea salt and cracked black pepper 6 zucchini flowers, halved and stamens removed, or 1 zucchini,...
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Perfection Fresh Ingredients: 500g orecchiette pasta Table salt for pasta water 2 heads broccolini, cut into small pieces, use stalk as well 4 birds eye chilli, sliced finely 5 cloves garlic, chopped 4...
Ingredients: ½ of a Wombok Cabbage (Shredded ) 3 Carrots (2 grated & 1 julienned) Daikon (julienned) - optional 3 eggs 1 cup of Corn Flour Spring Onions (Chopped) Mint Black & White Sesame Seeds Caster Sugar White Vinegar Kewpie Hoisin Chilli - optional Fried...