Baked BeansElena Duggan
- 400g Borlotti beans, drained and rinsed
- 400g Butter beans, drained and rinsed
- 200g Speck, skinned, finely diced
- 500g Passata
- 150g Water
- 1med Brown onion, finely diced
- 5 Garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 Bay leaves
- 10g Lemon zest
- 25g Paprika, sweet
- 25g Paprika, smoked
- 10g Oregano, dried (or fresh)
- 10g Marjoram, dried (or fresh)
- 50g Australian extra virgin olive oil
- 50g Butter
- Dollop of Labne
- 250g Pork sausage, cut into rounds
- Dried beans can be used, soak overnight then rinse and place in pot
- Substitute the dried herbs for fresh herbs
- Place olive oil, butter, the onion and speck into a large heavy based casserole dish. Stir and fry until fragrant, onion is translucent and speck is starting to colour.
- Add garlic, herbs and spices and toast for another five minutes.
- Add all remaining ingredients and simmer for up to 15 minutes or until liquid has reduced slightly and flavours are fully infused.
- Can be stored in an airtight container in fridge for three days.
- Serve warm with eggs, spinach, with melted cheese or on toast.
- Can be cooked with in a slow cooker with dried bean if desired – before you go to bed so you wake up to the aroma – yum.
- Gluten free
- Lactose free
- Nut free
- Vegetarian optional
- Vegan optional
- Low fructose/ low sugar
Ingredients: Serves 4 12 eggs, best quality you can afford 150ml sparkling water 2 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan Sea salt and freshly cracked pepper 20g butter 4 thick slices of sourdough, toasted/charred Method: Mix together the eggs, sparkling water, parmesan...
Ingredients: Serves 4 500gm field mushroom finely chopped 2 cups green olives 1/4 bunch mint 1/4 bunch flat-leaf parsley 100gm ricotta cheese fresh Lemon juice and zest 1 clove of garlic 2 fresh red chillies Olive oil 1-cup thick cream 100gm Parmesan cheese Method: In...
Ingredients: Serves 2 Salad 1/8 Australian Kent pumpkin, skin on 1 tsp Australian extra virgin olive oil Pinch sea salt Cracked black pepper 4 Australian Jerusalem artichokes Handful Australian green beans 4 Australian prunes ¼ cup Australian pecans 2 tbsp goats...
Ingredients: 1.5kg Pork belly strips or ribs Marinade 5 tbsp ABC Sweet Soy Sauce (Kecap Manis) 1 Lime (zested & juiced) 1 Red chilli (chopped) 20g Palm sugar 1 tsp Yeo’s Pure Sesame oil 2 tsp Lemongrass (finely chopped) 1 tbsp Oil Method: Blend all the marinade...
Ingredients: 1kg of chuck, flank, shin or brisket trimmed and cut into 3cm cubes 2 clove of garlic 1 small bunch of thyme 1 tspn of black peppercorns 500ml Guinness or dark ale 8 shallots peeled 1 tbsp vegemite 500gm bought puff pastry 100gm Stilton blue cheese or...
Ingredients: 4-6 streaky pork belly cutlets, skin removed, cutlets cut into strips 5 cm thick Marinade 2 onions, finely chopped 10 garlic cloves, crushed 2 cm piece fresh ginger, finely chopped 250 ml (1 cup) kochujang (Korean chilli paste) 4 tablespoons sugar 2...