Baked BeansElena Duggan
- 400g Borlotti beans, drained and rinsed
- 400g Butter beans, drained and rinsed
- 200g Speck, skinned, finely diced
- 500g Passata
- 150g Water
- 1med Brown onion, finely diced
- 5 Garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 Bay leaves
- 10g Lemon zest
- 25g Paprika, sweet
- 25g Paprika, smoked
- 10g Oregano, dried (or fresh)
- 10g Marjoram, dried (or fresh)
- 50g Australian extra virgin olive oil
- 50g Butter
- Dollop of Labne
- 250g Pork sausage, cut into rounds
- Dried beans can be used, soak overnight then rinse and place in pot
- Substitute the dried herbs for fresh herbs
- Place olive oil, butter, the onion and speck into a large heavy based casserole dish. Stir and fry until fragrant, onion is translucent and speck is starting to colour.
- Add garlic, herbs and spices and toast for another five minutes.
- Add all remaining ingredients and simmer for up to 15 minutes or until liquid has reduced slightly and flavours are fully infused.
- Can be stored in an airtight container in fridge for three days.
- Serve warm with eggs, spinach, with melted cheese or on toast.
- Can be cooked with in a slow cooker with dried bean if desired – before you go to bed so you wake up to the aroma – yum.
- Gluten free
- Lactose free
- Nut free
- Vegetarian optional
- Vegan optional
- Low fructose/ low sugar
Ingredients: 4 Spicy Italian Sausages Packet of Farfalle Pasta 1 Leek 1 Carrot 1 Onion 2 Garlic 2 cups Shredded Cabbage 1 Chopped Silver Beet 1 400gm Tinned Beans 1 tsp Cumin powder 1 tsp Coriander powder 1tsp Paprika powder 2 tbsp Tomato Paste Stock of your choice...
This recipe is brought to you by our friends at Asian InspirationsIngredients:Serves: 8 Prep Time: 10 mins Cook Time: 15 mins Main Ingredients: 1 packet rice paper 150g rice vermicelli noodles 1 bunch coriander 1 bunch Thai basil 1 bunch mint 1 bunch garlic chives 1⁄4...
Ingredients: 2 puff pastry sheets 2 Tbsp vegemite 2 cups cheddar cheese grated Method: Spread vegemite over pastry sheets and top with cheese. Lightly roll each pastry up into a log and cut each log into 8 slices. Place 4 slices (sliced side up) in each Sunbeam Pie...
Ingredients: Chicken Thigh mince 1 egg Bread soaked in milk Grated parmesan Chopped parsely Spaghetti Breadcrumbs Salt & Pepper Sauce Celery Carrot Onion Olive oil Bay lead 2 tins of whole or chopped tomatoes Method: In a mixing bowl add in your chicken thigh...
Ingredients: 1 cup vegetable oil 1 cinnamon stick 3 star anise 2 tbs schizuan peppercorns 2 bay leaves 1/4 cup crushed red chilli/pepper flakes Method: In a small pot, heat the oil with the all the spices, bar the chilli flakes, on a low to medium heat for about 20...
Ingredients: 500g of kingfish or snapper fillets, skin off Juice from 6 limes 1 ripped mango 1 medium Lebanese cucumber 1/4 red onion Juice from 1 orange 1 jalapeño chilli 1 small yellow capsicum 10 mint leaves Salt and pepper to taste 200g corn tortillas chips...