Banh XeoKhanh Ong
- 1 cup of rice flour
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 400ml can of TCC coconut milk
- 1 cup of iced water
- 2 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1⁄2 tsp salt
- 2 thinly sliced spring onion stalks
- 250g thinly sliced pork belly
- 150g tiger prawns raw, peeled and chopped
- 1 brown onion thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp Squid Brand fish sauce
- a pinch of salt
- 1⁄2 tbsp white pepper
- 1⁄4 cup peanut oil
- 1⁄2 cup bean sprouts
- Nuoc Cham dipping sauce
- lettuce of your choice
- vietnamese mint
- Mix flour, corn starch, coconut milk, water, turmeric, sugar, salt and spring onions in a large mixing bowl until a smooth batter forms.
- set a side
- in another mixing bowl combine pork belly, prawns, onion, fish sauce salt and pepper and leave to marinate for 30 minutes.
- heat a large wok and add 2 tsps of peanut oil, spoon 2 tbsp of the pork belly mixture into the wok and cook for 2 minutes, ladle a full ladle of the batter into the wok and roll it around so the mixture is thin, turn the heat on high and cook on low for about 5 minutes then place a small hand full of the bean sprouts over the banh xeo. cover with a lid and cook for 1 minute.
- fold the banh xeo in half and remove from the wok.
- repeat until all the mixture and batter is used.
- on a large platter place all the lettuce and herbs, place the banh xeos next to the herbs and serve with a nuoc mam dipping sauce
Ingredients: 9 cherry tomatoes, halved 1 small garlic clove, thinly sliced 2 tsp good-quality olive oil 1 tsp balsamic vinegar 5 basil leaves, torn, plus a few extra to serve if you like 5 pitted olives, sliced 2 large free-range egg 1 tsp small capers, rinsed salt...
Ingredients: Leftover Spaghetti Bolognese Sliced white bread Mozzarella Smoked mozzarella Grated Parmesan Butter Olive oil Mayo Pesto Salt and pepper Method: Place a scoop of pasta on one side of the bread. Then grate up your 3 cheeses and place on the other side of...
Ingredients: 250g Walnuts 250g Hazelnuts 250g Macadamia nuts 125g Pumpkin seeds 125g Sunflower seeds 60g Butter, unsalted 2 Tbsp Honey, Mr Noons honeycomb 1 Tsp Cayenne pepper 2 Tbsp Rosemary, finely chopped 1 Tbsp Cognac Method: Preheat oven to 180* Prepare...
Client - That’s Amore Cheese Typically from Puglia, this fresh creamy cheese has gained more and more popularity in the past few years, not only in Italy but overseas. Burrata is a fresh, handmade cow's milk cheese made from mozzarella and cream and it can be used in...
Ingredients: 150g guanciale, diced 3 eggs, whisked 200g pecorino cheese, grated Black pepper Salt Method: Add salt to a pot of water, and bring to a boil. Cook your pasta until al dente. In a frying pan, add the guanciale on low heat and allow it to render out the...
Ingredients: Serves: 2-4 2 x 250g T-bone or Rump steak Sea salt 2 Tbsp Olive oil 2 Tbsp Butter 1 brown onion, diced 2-3 cloves garlic, finely chopped 1 tsp dried chilli flakes 2 tsp dried mixed herbs 40 ‘twists’ cracked black pepper 2 chicken stock cubes, crumbled 2-3...