Banh XeoKhanh Ong
- 1 cup of rice flour
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 400ml can of TCC coconut milk
- 1 cup of iced water
- 2 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1⁄2 tsp salt
- 2 thinly sliced spring onion stalks
- 250g thinly sliced pork belly
- 150g tiger prawns raw, peeled and chopped
- 1 brown onion thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp Squid Brand fish sauce
- a pinch of salt
- 1⁄2 tbsp white pepper
- 1⁄4 cup peanut oil
- 1⁄2 cup bean sprouts
- Nuoc Cham dipping sauce
- lettuce of your choice
- vietnamese mint
- Mix flour, corn starch, coconut milk, water, turmeric, sugar, salt and spring onions in a large mixing bowl until a smooth batter forms.
- set a side
- in another mixing bowl combine pork belly, prawns, onion, fish sauce salt and pepper and leave to marinate for 30 minutes.
- heat a large wok and add 2 tsps of peanut oil, spoon 2 tbsp of the pork belly mixture into the wok and cook for 2 minutes, ladle a full ladle of the batter into the wok and roll it around so the mixture is thin, turn the heat on high and cook on low for about 5 minutes then place a small hand full of the bean sprouts over the banh xeo. cover with a lid and cook for 1 minute.
- fold the banh xeo in half and remove from the wok.
- repeat until all the mixture and batter is used.
- on a large platter place all the lettuce and herbs, place the banh xeos next to the herbs and serve with a nuoc mam dipping sauce
Ingredients: Serves 4 12 eggs, best quality you can afford 150ml sparkling water 2 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan Sea salt and freshly cracked pepper 20g butter 4 thick slices of sourdough, toasted/charred Method: Mix together the eggs, sparkling water, parmesan...
Ingredients: Serves 4 500gm field mushroom finely chopped 2 cups green olives 1/4 bunch mint 1/4 bunch flat-leaf parsley 100gm ricotta cheese fresh Lemon juice and zest 1 clove of garlic 2 fresh red chillies Olive oil 1-cup thick cream 100gm Parmesan cheese Method: In...
Ingredients: Serves 2 Salad 1/8 Australian Kent pumpkin, skin on 1 tsp Australian extra virgin olive oil Pinch sea salt Cracked black pepper 4 Australian Jerusalem artichokes Handful Australian green beans 4 Australian prunes ¼ cup Australian pecans 2 tbsp goats...
Ingredients: 1.5kg Pork belly strips or ribs Marinade 5 tbsp ABC Sweet Soy Sauce (Kecap Manis) 1 Lime (zested & juiced) 1 Red chilli (chopped) 20g Palm sugar 1 tsp Yeo’s Pure Sesame oil 2 tsp Lemongrass (finely chopped) 1 tbsp Oil Method: Blend all the marinade...
Ingredients: 1kg of chuck, flank, shin or brisket trimmed and cut into 3cm cubes 2 clove of garlic 1 small bunch of thyme 1 tspn of black peppercorns 500ml Guinness or dark ale 8 shallots peeled 1 tbsp vegemite 500gm bought puff pastry 100gm Stilton blue cheese or...
Ingredients: 4-6 streaky pork belly cutlets, skin removed, cutlets cut into strips 5 cm thick Marinade 2 onions, finely chopped 10 garlic cloves, crushed 2 cm piece fresh ginger, finely chopped 250 ml (1 cup) kochujang (Korean chilli paste) 4 tablespoons sugar 2...