Banh XeoKhanh Ong
- 1 cup of rice flour
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 400ml can of TCC coconut milk
- 1 cup of iced water
- 2 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1⁄2 tsp salt
- 2 thinly sliced spring onion stalks
- 250g thinly sliced pork belly
- 150g tiger prawns raw, peeled and chopped
- 1 brown onion thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp Squid Brand fish sauce
- a pinch of salt
- 1⁄2 tbsp white pepper
- 1⁄4 cup peanut oil
- 1⁄2 cup bean sprouts
- Nuoc Cham dipping sauce
- lettuce of your choice
- vietnamese mint
- Mix flour, corn starch, coconut milk, water, turmeric, sugar, salt and spring onions in a large mixing bowl until a smooth batter forms.
- set a side
- in another mixing bowl combine pork belly, prawns, onion, fish sauce salt and pepper and leave to marinate for 30 minutes.
- heat a large wok and add 2 tsps of peanut oil, spoon 2 tbsp of the pork belly mixture into the wok and cook for 2 minutes, ladle a full ladle of the batter into the wok and roll it around so the mixture is thin, turn the heat on high and cook on low for about 5 minutes then place a small hand full of the bean sprouts over the banh xeo. cover with a lid and cook for 1 minute.
- fold the banh xeo in half and remove from the wok.
- repeat until all the mixture and batter is used.
- on a large platter place all the lettuce and herbs, place the banh xeos next to the herbs and serve with a nuoc mam dipping sauce
Ingredients: Serves: 2-4 2 x 250g T-bone or Rump steak Sea salt 2 Tbsp Olive oil 2 Tbsp Butter 1 brown onion, diced 2-3 cloves garlic, finely chopped 1 tsp dried chilli flakes 2 tsp dried mixed herbs 40 ‘twists’ cracked black pepper 2 chicken stock cubes, crumbled 2-3...
Ingredients: Crown Pumpkin (or similar) Pumpkin Puree: 250g Pumpkin seeds 100g Miso 500g Spanish Onion 100g Butter Method: Pumpkin Puree: Roast pumpkin seeds at 200 degrees until golden Sweat down onions in butter until nice and golden Once all cooked blitz together...
Ingredients: 1kg pork mince 1 brown onion, finely diced 2 cloves garlic, finely diced 1 cup grated parmigiano cheese 1 egg 1/2 cup fresh breadcrumbs Plain flour, for dusting White Wine Sauce: 2 cups white wine 1 bunch sage leaves 2 sprigs of rosemary 2 bay leaves 6...
Ingredients: Serves: 4-6 500g beef mince 3 lemongrass stalks, white part only, grated 3 spring onions, white and green separated, each finely chopped 1 large clove garlic, grated ½ cup chopped coriander (stems included) 1 Tbsp fish sauce 1 Tbsp caster sugar 1 tsp salt...
Ingredients: Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Wine Selectors Serves: 4 Four quails 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and finely chopped 6-8 leaves of sage, finely chopped Sea salt and cracked pepper 8 strips smoky pancetta Olive oil Lemon halves for...
Ingredients: Serves: 4 2 tablespoon olive oil 3 garlic cloves, crushed 500g chicken breast, whole 1 brown onion, finely diced 1 cup dry white wine 1 cup cream 2 tablespoons tarragon, coarsely chopped 1 teaspoon cornflour serve with steamed rice and blanched broccolini...