Banh XeoKhanh Ong
- 1 cup of rice flour
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 400ml can of TCC coconut milk
- 1 cup of iced water
- 2 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1⁄2 tsp salt
- 2 thinly sliced spring onion stalks
- 250g thinly sliced pork belly
- 150g tiger prawns raw, peeled and chopped
- 1 brown onion thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp Squid Brand fish sauce
- a pinch of salt
- 1⁄2 tbsp white pepper
- 1⁄4 cup peanut oil
- 1⁄2 cup bean sprouts
- Nuoc Cham dipping sauce
- lettuce of your choice
- vietnamese mint
- Mix flour, corn starch, coconut milk, water, turmeric, sugar, salt and spring onions in a large mixing bowl until a smooth batter forms.
- set a side
- in another mixing bowl combine pork belly, prawns, onion, fish sauce salt and pepper and leave to marinate for 30 minutes.
- heat a large wok and add 2 tsps of peanut oil, spoon 2 tbsp of the pork belly mixture into the wok and cook for 2 minutes, ladle a full ladle of the batter into the wok and roll it around so the mixture is thin, turn the heat on high and cook on low for about 5 minutes then place a small hand full of the bean sprouts over the banh xeo. cover with a lid and cook for 1 minute.
- fold the banh xeo in half and remove from the wok.
- repeat until all the mixture and batter is used.
- on a large platter place all the lettuce and herbs, place the banh xeos next to the herbs and serve with a nuoc mam dipping sauce
Ingredients: Serves 4 8 Moreton Bay bugs 200g thinly sliced dried pancetta 8 bay leaves 4 ripe figs, halved 2 tablespoons olive oil Juice of 1 lemon Method: Prepare your barbecue for direct grilling over a high heat. Prepare the bugs by removing the meat from the...
Ingredients: 4-6 streaky pork belly cutlets, skin removed, cutlets cut into strips 5 cm thick Marinade 2 onions, finely chopped 10 garlic cloves, crushed 2 cm piece fresh ginger, finely chopped 250 ml (1 cup) kochujang (Korean chilli paste) 4 tablespoons sugar 2...
Ingredients: Serves 2 Teaspoon coconut sugar 6 freshly picked mint leaves Approx 500ml SodaStream Carbonated Water 10-15 assorted fresh berries One lime, halved Ice Method: Start by bringing together the coconut sugar and the mint in a food processor or alternatively...
Ingredients: Serves: 3 2 cup water 3 tbsp Valcom Tom Yum Paste 1 cup button mushrooms, halved 300g chicken fillet, sliced 1⁄4 cup TCC Premium Coconut Milk 4 tbsp Valcom Kaffir Lime Leaves 1 stalk coriander coarsely chopped 1 red chilli, cut diagonally Method: Bring...
Ingredients: Serves 4 2 medium eggplant 2 tablespoons of olive oil ½ cup miso paste 4 tablespoons mirin 2 tablespoons sugar 2 tablespoons sake White sesame seeds for garnish Method: Preheat the oven to 220C. Slice the eggplants in half and carefully score the eggplant...
Ingredients: Serves 4-6 1tbsp whole white peppercorns 2tbsp grated fresh turmeric 1 heaped tbsp grated fresh ginger 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped 5 thinly sliced cloves Juice of 2 limes, plus wedges to serve 5 coriander roots (from a fresh bunch) 1kg Ling, scaled,...