Burger, Fries and ShakeElena Duggan
- 1 GRAZE Grass fed burger patties ($8 for 4)
- 2 med Truss tomatoes, sliced in 5mm discs ($8/kg – 1 for $1.25)
- 2 med Beetroot ($5/kg – $0.85c each)
- Utilise Beetroot Relish recipe
- 1 Ploughmans Cheddar, 5mm sliced ($20/kg – $5 each)
- 1 Bread and butter cucumbers ($4.86/kg – $3.40 jar)
- 2 lge Red onions, sliced in 5mm discs ($0.70 each)
- GF SF Tomato Sauce $2.69 bottle, additional for chips
- Utilise Tomato Sauce recipe
- 1 Iceberg lettuce, shredded, reserve leaves for any gluten free diners ($3.50 each)
- 1packet Hamburger buns, GF if possible cut into halves ($2 for 6), or lettuce cups from above
- 1kg Royal Blue Potatoes, cut into chunky chips ($3.50)
- 2L Vegetable Oil ($8.00)
- Salt, to taste
- 1.5L Milk ($2.50/litre)
- 2 Bananas, peeled ($4.90/kg – $0.88 each)
- 100g Peanut butter $5.00/jar
- 50g Chocolate, SF GF ($4/block)
- 50g Honey ($10/kg)
- Serve 1 burger + shake + fries in the city = 1 for $29.50 OR serve a family of 4 for at home = $27.50
- * Prices accurate & averages from major supermarkets at time of recipe creation
- ** When utilising previously created condiments, recipe even more budget friendly
- Caramelise onions in a fry pan over medium heat with a small amount of EVOO. Set aside once cooked.
- Place burger patties into fry pan, using a spatula, flatten down to approx. 7-10mm thickness. Cook until medium rare or desired internal temp.
- Whilst burgers are cooking, toast interior of burger buns under your grill.
- Layer bottom burger bun with relish, cheese, pattie, sauce, pickle, tomato, lettuce then close with bun top and serve.
- Boil chips until cooked through but not yet collapsing. Remove from water, rough up edges in colander, allow steam to fully escape before placing in freezer on a tray in a single layer, for at least 30minutes.
- Heat oil in a deep fryer or deep fry pan to 160° Celsius. Fry chips in batches to seal outside but before they start to go to golden. Drain well and allow cooling. Return to freezer for at least 30 minutes.
- Increase oil temperature to 190° Celsius. Fry chips until crisp and golden. Season to taste and serve immediately. Serve with additional
- Place bananas, peanut butter, chocolate and honey in a high speed blender, add 500ml milk.
- Blitz until smooth.
- Add remaining milk or desired quantity for favourite milkshake thickness or texture. Serve in your favourite glass with reusable straws
Ingredients: Serves: 2-4 2 x 250g T-bone or Rump steak Sea salt 2 Tbsp Olive oil 2 Tbsp Butter 1 brown onion, diced 2-3 cloves garlic, finely chopped 1 tsp dried chilli flakes 2 tsp dried mixed herbs 40 ‘twists’ cracked black pepper 2 chicken stock cubes, crumbled 2-3...
Ingredients: Crown Pumpkin (or similar) Pumpkin Puree: 250g Pumpkin seeds 100g Miso 500g Spanish Onion 100g Butter Method: Pumpkin Puree: Roast pumpkin seeds at 200 degrees until golden Sweat down onions in butter until nice and golden Once all cooked blitz together...
Ingredients: 1kg pork mince 1 brown onion, finely diced 2 cloves garlic, finely diced 1 cup grated parmigiano cheese 1 egg 1/2 cup fresh breadcrumbs Plain flour, for dusting White Wine Sauce: 2 cups white wine 1 bunch sage leaves 2 sprigs of rosemary 2 bay leaves 6...
Ingredients: Serves: 4-6 500g beef mince 3 lemongrass stalks, white part only, grated 3 spring onions, white and green separated, each finely chopped 1 large clove garlic, grated ½ cup chopped coriander (stems included) 1 Tbsp fish sauce 1 Tbsp caster sugar 1 tsp salt...
Ingredients: Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Wine Selectors Serves: 4 Four quails 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and finely chopped 6-8 leaves of sage, finely chopped Sea salt and cracked pepper 8 strips smoky pancetta Olive oil Lemon halves for...
Ingredients: Serves: 4 2 tablespoon olive oil 3 garlic cloves, crushed 500g chicken breast, whole 1 brown onion, finely diced 1 cup dry white wine 1 cup cream 2 tablespoons tarragon, coarsely chopped 1 teaspoon cornflour serve with steamed rice and blanched broccolini...