Burger, Fries and ShakeElena Duggan
- 1 GRAZE Grass fed burger patties ($8 for 4)
- 2 med Truss tomatoes, sliced in 5mm discs ($8/kg – 1 for $1.25)
- 2 med Beetroot ($5/kg – $0.85c each)
- Utilise Beetroot Relish recipe
- 1 Ploughmans Cheddar, 5mm sliced ($20/kg – $5 each)
- 1 Bread and butter cucumbers ($4.86/kg – $3.40 jar)
- 2 lge Red onions, sliced in 5mm discs ($0.70 each)
- GF SF Tomato Sauce $2.69 bottle, additional for chips
- Utilise Tomato Sauce recipe
- 1 Iceberg lettuce, shredded, reserve leaves for any gluten free diners ($3.50 each)
- 1packet Hamburger buns, GF if possible cut into halves ($2 for 6), or lettuce cups from above
- 1kg Royal Blue Potatoes, cut into chunky chips ($3.50)
- 2L Vegetable Oil ($8.00)
- Salt, to taste
- 1.5L Milk ($2.50/litre)
- 2 Bananas, peeled ($4.90/kg – $0.88 each)
- 100g Peanut butter $5.00/jar
- 50g Chocolate, SF GF ($4/block)
- 50g Honey ($10/kg)
- Serve 1 burger + shake + fries in the city = 1 for $29.50 OR serve a family of 4 for at home = $27.50
- * Prices accurate & averages from major supermarkets at time of recipe creation
- ** When utilising previously created condiments, recipe even more budget friendly
- Caramelise onions in a fry pan over medium heat with a small amount of EVOO. Set aside once cooked.
- Place burger patties into fry pan, using a spatula, flatten down to approx. 7-10mm thickness. Cook until medium rare or desired internal temp.
- Whilst burgers are cooking, toast interior of burger buns under your grill.
- Layer bottom burger bun with relish, cheese, pattie, sauce, pickle, tomato, lettuce then close with bun top and serve.
- Boil chips until cooked through but not yet collapsing. Remove from water, rough up edges in colander, allow steam to fully escape before placing in freezer on a tray in a single layer, for at least 30minutes.
- Heat oil in a deep fryer or deep fry pan to 160° Celsius. Fry chips in batches to seal outside but before they start to go to golden. Drain well and allow cooling. Return to freezer for at least 30 minutes.
- Increase oil temperature to 190° Celsius. Fry chips until crisp and golden. Season to taste and serve immediately. Serve with additional
- Place bananas, peanut butter, chocolate and honey in a high speed blender, add 500ml milk.
- Blitz until smooth.
- Add remaining milk or desired quantity for favourite milkshake thickness or texture. Serve in your favourite glass with reusable straws
Ingredients: 1kg of chuck, flank, shin or brisket trimmed and cut into 3cm cubes 2 clove of garlic 1 small bunch of thyme 1 tspn of black peppercorns 500ml Guinness or dark ale 8 shallots peeled 1 tbsp vegemite 500gm bought puff pastry 100gm Stilton blue cheese or...
Ingredients: 1x 2 kg lamb shoulder, easy-carve or shoulder blade removed 12 prunes, pitted 2 large sprigs of rosemary, broken and leaves removed 2 tablespoons olive oil 100 g butter 1 onion, chopped 1 celery heart, chopped 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced 2 fresh or...
Ingredients: Serves 4 8 Moreton Bay bugs 200g thinly sliced dried pancetta 8 bay leaves 4 ripe figs, halved 2 tablespoons olive oil Juice of 1 lemon Method: Prepare your barbecue for direct grilling over a high heat. Prepare the bugs by removing the meat from the...
Ingredients: 4-6 streaky pork belly cutlets, skin removed, cutlets cut into strips 5 cm thick Marinade 2 onions, finely chopped 10 garlic cloves, crushed 2 cm piece fresh ginger, finely chopped 250 ml (1 cup) kochujang (Korean chilli paste) 4 tablespoons sugar 2...
Ingredients: Serves 2 Teaspoon coconut sugar 6 freshly picked mint leaves Approx 500ml SodaStream Carbonated Water 10-15 assorted fresh berries One lime, halved Ice Method: Start by bringing together the coconut sugar and the mint in a food processor or alternatively...
Ingredients: Serves: 3 2 cup water 3 tbsp Valcom Tom Yum Paste 1 cup button mushrooms, halved 300g chicken fillet, sliced 1⁄4 cup TCC Premium Coconut Milk 4 tbsp Valcom Kaffir Lime Leaves 1 stalk coriander coarsely chopped 1 red chilli, cut diagonally Method: Bring...