Burger, Fries and ShakeElena Duggan
- 1 GRAZE Grass fed burger patties ($8 for 4)
- 2 med Truss tomatoes, sliced in 5mm discs ($8/kg – 1 for $1.25)
- 2 med Beetroot ($5/kg – $0.85c each)
- Utilise Beetroot Relish recipe
- 1 Ploughmans Cheddar, 5mm sliced ($20/kg – $5 each)
- 1 Bread and butter cucumbers ($4.86/kg – $3.40 jar)
- 2 lge Red onions, sliced in 5mm discs ($0.70 each)
- GF SF Tomato Sauce $2.69 bottle, additional for chips
- Utilise Tomato Sauce recipe
- 1 Iceberg lettuce, shredded, reserve leaves for any gluten free diners ($3.50 each)
- 1packet Hamburger buns, GF if possible cut into halves ($2 for 6), or lettuce cups from above
- 1kg Royal Blue Potatoes, cut into chunky chips ($3.50)
- 2L Vegetable Oil ($8.00)
- Salt, to taste
- 1.5L Milk ($2.50/litre)
- 2 Bananas, peeled ($4.90/kg – $0.88 each)
- 100g Peanut butter $5.00/jar
- 50g Chocolate, SF GF ($4/block)
- 50g Honey ($10/kg)
- Serve 1 burger + shake + fries in the city = 1 for $29.50 OR serve a family of 4 for at home = $27.50
- * Prices accurate & averages from major supermarkets at time of recipe creation
- ** When utilising previously created condiments, recipe even more budget friendly
- Caramelise onions in a fry pan over medium heat with a small amount of EVOO. Set aside once cooked.
- Place burger patties into fry pan, using a spatula, flatten down to approx. 7-10mm thickness. Cook until medium rare or desired internal temp.
- Whilst burgers are cooking, toast interior of burger buns under your grill.
- Layer bottom burger bun with relish, cheese, pattie, sauce, pickle, tomato, lettuce then close with bun top and serve.
- Boil chips until cooked through but not yet collapsing. Remove from water, rough up edges in colander, allow steam to fully escape before placing in freezer on a tray in a single layer, for at least 30minutes.
- Heat oil in a deep fryer or deep fry pan to 160° Celsius. Fry chips in batches to seal outside but before they start to go to golden. Drain well and allow cooling. Return to freezer for at least 30 minutes.
- Increase oil temperature to 190° Celsius. Fry chips until crisp and golden. Season to taste and serve immediately. Serve with additional
- Place bananas, peanut butter, chocolate and honey in a high speed blender, add 500ml milk.
- Blitz until smooth.
- Add remaining milk or desired quantity for favourite milkshake thickness or texture. Serve in your favourite glass with reusable straws
Ingredients: 2 heads broccoli 1 large leek, halved lengthwise, rinsed 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil 1 head garlic, unpeeled 4 cups (1L) chicken or vegetable stock 120g baby spinach leaves 125g sour cream, plus extra to serve Chilli flakes & herbs, such as basil,...
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Asian Inspirations Ingredients: 2 pieces Shimeji mushroom (thinly sliced) 2 pieces Red capsicum (thinly sliced) 2 pieces Zucchini (thinly sliced) 2 pieces Eggplant (thinly sliced) 2 pieces Sweet potato...
Ingredients: 30ml Vegetable oil 1 tin of chopped tomatoes 3 small red onions, 1 sliced, 2 roughly chopped 1 Red Scotch bonnet, finely chopped 100g Tomato paste 2 Tsp curry powder 1 Tsp Thyme, Fresh preferably but dried will also work 2 Bay leaves 1lt Chicken...
Ingredients:For pastry: 225g Plain Flour 100g Butter, unsalted (Make sure it’s really cold!) 4 Tbsp water, chilled For Filling: 250ml Cream 2 Large Eggs 200g Gaunchalie (or bacon) 1 Brown Onion, diced 100g Heritage baby tomatoes (halved) 125g Gruyère cheese 50g...
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Ocean Spray Ingredients: 400g Venison Loin 1 Carrot chopped 1 Brown onion, diced 1 Bay Leaf 2 Sprigs Rosemary 1 Bulb Garlic 1 Glass Red wine 1 Tbsp Tomato paste 700ml Beef Stock 100g Dark chocolate ...
Ingredients: 100g self raising flour 1 egg 3 tbs sour cream 2 tins corn ½ bunch coriander 1 bunch spring onions 2 avocados 1 shallot 1 long red chilli 2 limes Method: n a mixing bowl, combine your egg, the tinned corn, ½ a shallot, sour cream and flour together,...