Burger, Fries and ShakeElena Duggan
- 1 GRAZE Grass fed burger patties ($8 for 4)
- 2 med Truss tomatoes, sliced in 5mm discs ($8/kg – 1 for $1.25)
- 2 med Beetroot ($5/kg – $0.85c each)
- Utilise Beetroot Relish recipe
- 1 Ploughmans Cheddar, 5mm sliced ($20/kg – $5 each)
- 1 Bread and butter cucumbers ($4.86/kg – $3.40 jar)
- 2 lge Red onions, sliced in 5mm discs ($0.70 each)
- GF SF Tomato Sauce $2.69 bottle, additional for chips
- Utilise Tomato Sauce recipe
- 1 Iceberg lettuce, shredded, reserve leaves for any gluten free diners ($3.50 each)
- 1packet Hamburger buns, GF if possible cut into halves ($2 for 6), or lettuce cups from above
- 1kg Royal Blue Potatoes, cut into chunky chips ($3.50)
- 2L Vegetable Oil ($8.00)
- Salt, to taste
- 1.5L Milk ($2.50/litre)
- 2 Bananas, peeled ($4.90/kg – $0.88 each)
- 100g Peanut butter $5.00/jar
- 50g Chocolate, SF GF ($4/block)
- 50g Honey ($10/kg)
- Serve 1 burger + shake + fries in the city = 1 for $29.50 OR serve a family of 4 for at home = $27.50
- * Prices accurate & averages from major supermarkets at time of recipe creation
- ** When utilising previously created condiments, recipe even more budget friendly
- Caramelise onions in a fry pan over medium heat with a small amount of EVOO. Set aside once cooked.
- Place burger patties into fry pan, using a spatula, flatten down to approx. 7-10mm thickness. Cook until medium rare or desired internal temp.
- Whilst burgers are cooking, toast interior of burger buns under your grill.
- Layer bottom burger bun with relish, cheese, pattie, sauce, pickle, tomato, lettuce then close with bun top and serve.
- Boil chips until cooked through but not yet collapsing. Remove from water, rough up edges in colander, allow steam to fully escape before placing in freezer on a tray in a single layer, for at least 30minutes.
- Heat oil in a deep fryer or deep fry pan to 160° Celsius. Fry chips in batches to seal outside but before they start to go to golden. Drain well and allow cooling. Return to freezer for at least 30 minutes.
- Increase oil temperature to 190° Celsius. Fry chips until crisp and golden. Season to taste and serve immediately. Serve with additional
- Place bananas, peanut butter, chocolate and honey in a high speed blender, add 500ml milk.
- Blitz until smooth.
- Add remaining milk or desired quantity for favourite milkshake thickness or texture. Serve in your favourite glass with reusable straws
Ingredients: 250g fresh pasta 3 large free range eggs 40g parmigiano cheese 150g smoked pancetta / guanciale Sea salt flakes Black pepper Method: In a mixing bowl, whisk the eggs, parmigiano cheese, salt and pepper. In the meantime, place the diced pancetta into a fry...
Ingredients: Makes 12-24 Leftover Lasagne ¼ cup plain flour 2 eggs 1-2 cups Panko crumbs Anchovy Mayonnaise 1 large egg yolk 1 tsp Dijon mustard ½ tsp lemon zest 2 Tbsp lemon juice 1 cup light extra virgin olive oil 6-7 anchovy fillets in oil, drained, finely chopped...
Ingredients: This recipe is brought to you by our friends at Asian Inspirations Serves 2 240g cabbage (finely chopped) 80g spring onion (finely chopped) 160g squid tube (finely chopped) 3 tbsp vegetable oil Batter: 120g plain flour 1 tsp baking powder 4 eggs 2 tsp...
Ingredients: 2 brown onion, finely diced 2 garlic cloves, chopped 2 carrots, finely diced 2 celery sticks, finely diced 100g pancetta, finely diced 4 x 400g tins chopped tomatoes 4 fresh bay leaves 1 sprig rosemary, finely chopped 1/4 bunch sage, finely chopped 150g...
Ingredients: 110g Safcol Sardines in Springwater, drained 2 tbsp oil 1 clove garlic, sliced 2 slices ginger, julienned 2 spring onions, cut to 2cm lengths 1 tbsp brandy (you may substitute this with Chinese cooking wine) 2 tsp black bean sauce (available in the Asian...
Ingredients: Makes 500ml 500g Red chilli 125g Red onion 25g garlic cloves 250ml lime juice 125ml fish sauce 125g sugar caster 50ml soy sauce 50ml rice vinegar Method: Blitz red chilli, onion and garlic in the robo-coup on pulse setting, it should still be quite coarse...