Charcoal BBQ Baby SquidMatt Sinclair
- 1kg Baby squid, cleaned
- ½ Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive oil
- 2-3 Tbsp Malay curry powder
- 2 tbsp Fish sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, finely grated
- ½ bunch fresh coriander
- 2-3 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 125ml white vinegar
- 70g caster sugar
- 40g green chilli, roughly chopped
- 12g salt
- ¼ Cucumber, roughly chopped
- Lemongrass, white part only, outer layers removed, thinly sliced
- Green Birdseye chilli, finely sliced
- Heat coals ahead of time, until white.
- Combine the oil, curry powder, fish sauce and garlic in a bowl and mix until the curry powder has dissolved. Taste and adjust seasoning if required. Marinade the squid in a non-reactive bowl, making sure to coat it evenly in the sauce, for a minimum of ½ hour.
- Make the dressing by adding all the ingredients together in a blender and blitz to combine. Adjust the seasoning to taste. Add the sliced lemongrass and Birdseye chillies and set aside in a dipping bowl until required.
- Lay the squid on the grill on top of the coals and bbq for 3-4 minutes, turning often to get even colour. Charred bits are definitely okay! Remove onto a chopping board and cut into bite-sized chunks and transfer to a serving plate.
- Garnish with fresh coriander leaves and spring onion and serve the dipping sauce on the side. Serve hot.
Our friends at Wine Selectors suggest pairing this dish with a Vermentino.
Ingredients: Serves: 2-4 2 x 250g T-bone or Rump steak Sea salt 2 Tbsp Olive oil 2 Tbsp Butter 1 brown onion, diced 2-3 cloves garlic, finely chopped 1 tsp dried chilli flakes 2 tsp dried mixed herbs 40 ‘twists’ cracked black pepper 2 chicken stock cubes, crumbled 2-3...
Ingredients: Crown Pumpkin (or similar) Pumpkin Puree: 250g Pumpkin seeds 100g Miso 500g Spanish Onion 100g Butter Method: Pumpkin Puree: Roast pumpkin seeds at 200 degrees until golden Sweat down onions in butter until nice and golden Once all cooked blitz together...
Ingredients: 1kg pork mince 1 brown onion, finely diced 2 cloves garlic, finely diced 1 cup grated parmigiano cheese 1 egg 1/2 cup fresh breadcrumbs Plain flour, for dusting White Wine Sauce: 2 cups white wine 1 bunch sage leaves 2 sprigs of rosemary 2 bay leaves 6...
Ingredients: Serves: 4-6 500g beef mince 3 lemongrass stalks, white part only, grated 3 spring onions, white and green separated, each finely chopped 1 large clove garlic, grated ½ cup chopped coriander (stems included) 1 Tbsp fish sauce 1 Tbsp caster sugar 1 tsp salt...
Ingredients: Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Wine Selectors Serves: 4 Four quails 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and finely chopped 6-8 leaves of sage, finely chopped Sea salt and cracked pepper 8 strips smoky pancetta Olive oil Lemon halves for...
Ingredients: Serves: 4 2 tablespoon olive oil 3 garlic cloves, crushed 500g chicken breast, whole 1 brown onion, finely diced 1 cup dry white wine 1 cup cream 2 tablespoons tarragon, coarsely chopped 1 teaspoon cornflour serve with steamed rice and blanched broccolini...