Charred Corn with ChipotleLaura Sharrad & Catherine Velisha
Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Velisha Farms
- 2-3 corn cob (1 per person)
- 500g of butter
- 1 tin of Chipotle Chillies in adobo sauce
- Lime wedges
- Smoked Paprika
- Parmesan or oaxaca
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees.
- Cube up your butter and add to a mixing bowl. Leave it out on the bench so it comes to room temp.
- Pull the husk of your corn cobs back to remove all of the fibrous away from the kernels.
- Add a tin of chipotle chillies to your butter and incorporate thoroughly to make your flavoured butter. Chop up the chillies if you prefer.
- Now one by one hold your corn cob over the mixing bowl and liberally apply the chipotle butter all over the corn cob then place on a baking paper lined oven tray. Sprinkle it with a bit of salt.
- Roast your corn in the oven until it is soft, tender and charred all over. This should take about 20 mins.
- Once the corn is ready, remove from the oven and being to plate up.
- Serve with lime wedges, grated Parmesan or Oaxaca and dust with some smoked paprika.