Cheeseburger Spring RollsKhanh Ong
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1L of vegetable oil
- 150g high fat minced beef
- 1⁄4 red onion diced
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1⁄2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp seeded mustard
- 1⁄4 cup of grated mozzarella
- 1⁄4 cup of breadcrumbs
- 2 tbsp chopped chives
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 tbsp worcestershire sauce
- A pinch of salt
- 1 egg whisked
- 24 spring roll wrappers
- 1⁄2 cup of kewpie mayo
- 1 tbsp ketchup
- 2 tsp chopped dill pickle
- 1 tsp mustard
- 1⁄4 tsp paprika
- Heat a medium pot of oil to 180c
- For the filling, combine all the ingredients except 1⁄2 the whisked egg and the wrappers.
- Place the wrapper as a diamond shape and spread a heaped tbsp of the mixture about 2/3rds down the wrapper in a thick line.
- Use a pastry brush, brush the sides of the wrapper with egg, fold the left and ride side of the wrapper towards the centre.
- Roll the spring roll from the bottom to the top and repeat with filling and wrappers.
- Fill a medium saucepan with enough oil to cover spring rolls, heat to 180c (test using a small piece of spring roll wrapper, if it turns golden the oil is ready)
- Cook the rolls in batches for 3-4 minutes until golden.
- Set aside on paper towel to excess oil.
- For dipping sauce, mix together all ingredients and serve
Our friends at Wine Selectors recommend pairing this dish with a Shiraz Pinot Noir or a Barbera.
Ingredients: 2 cup caster sugar 2 cups soy sauce 1 cup shao-hsing wine 3L water 2 inch piece ginger 8 cloves garlic 6 spring onions, 5cm batons 8 star anise 8 coriander seeds 4 cinnamon quills 4 cloves 2 pork trotters Method: Place an even layer of sugar in a large...
Ingredients: 2 cups of black-eyed beans 1 bunch of English spinach (or baby spinach, if preferred), Roughly chopped and thoroughly washed 6 spring onions, finely chopped 1 onion, sliced 1/2 cup of olive oil 1 tbsp white wine vinegar juice of 1 lemon a few sprigs of...
Ingredients: Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Let's Go Motorhomes and Big4 Holiday Parks Assortment of Sausages 100ml Mayonnaise ½ bulb of roasted black garlic ½ lemon juiced Long metal skewers Method: Grill your sausages on your bbq until...
Ingredients: Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Asian InspirationsSalmon: 200g Fresh Australian salmon, skin on, pin bones removed 50ml Vegetable oil Miso Glaze: 50g White miso paste 50ml Obento Mirin Seasoning 50g Sugar Togarashi Crackers: 1 each...
Ingredients: Serves: 4 2 Tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil, plus extra 1 brown onion, finely grated 2 cloves garlic, finely grated 1g saffron threads 400g Arborio Rice ½ cup dry white wine 1.5 Litres Vegetable stock 50g unsalted butter 125g parmesan, finely grated Method:...
Ingredients: Serves: 4 800g Hanger Steak Sea Salt 1 small yellow pepper, seeds removed, roughly chopped 6 Yellow baby Tomatoes 1 small red chilli, seeds removed ½ tsp dried flaked chillies 2 Garlic cloves, peeled 20g fresh parsley, including any tender stalks 10g each...