Cheeseburger Spring RollsKhanh Ong
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1L of vegetable oil
- 150g high fat minced beef
- 1⁄4 red onion diced
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1⁄2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp seeded mustard
- 1⁄4 cup of grated mozzarella
- 1⁄4 cup of breadcrumbs
- 2 tbsp chopped chives
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 tbsp worcestershire sauce
- A pinch of salt
- 1 egg whisked
- 24 spring roll wrappers
- 1⁄2 cup of kewpie mayo
- 1 tbsp ketchup
- 2 tsp chopped dill pickle
- 1 tsp mustard
- 1⁄4 tsp paprika
- Heat a medium pot of oil to 180c
- For the filling, combine all the ingredients except 1⁄2 the whisked egg and the wrappers.
- Place the wrapper as a diamond shape and spread a heaped tbsp of the mixture about 2/3rds down the wrapper in a thick line.
- Use a pastry brush, brush the sides of the wrapper with egg, fold the left and ride side of the wrapper towards the centre.
- Roll the spring roll from the bottom to the top and repeat with filling and wrappers.
- Fill a medium saucepan with enough oil to cover spring rolls, heat to 180c (test using a small piece of spring roll wrapper, if it turns golden the oil is ready)
- Cook the rolls in batches for 3-4 minutes until golden.
- Set aside on paper towel to excess oil.
- For dipping sauce, mix together all ingredients and serve
Our friends at Wine Selectors recommend pairing this dish with a Shiraz Pinot Noir or a Barbera.
Ingredients: Serves 4 12 eggs, best quality you can afford 150ml sparkling water 2 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan Sea salt and freshly cracked pepper 20g butter 4 thick slices of sourdough, toasted/charred Method: Mix together the eggs, sparkling water, parmesan...
Ingredients: Serves 4 500gm field mushroom finely chopped 2 cups green olives 1/4 bunch mint 1/4 bunch flat-leaf parsley 100gm ricotta cheese fresh Lemon juice and zest 1 clove of garlic 2 fresh red chillies Olive oil 1-cup thick cream 100gm Parmesan cheese Method: In...
Ingredients: Serves 2 Salad 1/8 Australian Kent pumpkin, skin on 1 tsp Australian extra virgin olive oil Pinch sea salt Cracked black pepper 4 Australian Jerusalem artichokes Handful Australian green beans 4 Australian prunes ¼ cup Australian pecans 2 tbsp goats...
Ingredients: 1.5kg Pork belly strips or ribs Marinade 5 tbsp ABC Sweet Soy Sauce (Kecap Manis) 1 Lime (zested & juiced) 1 Red chilli (chopped) 20g Palm sugar 1 tsp Yeo’s Pure Sesame oil 2 tsp Lemongrass (finely chopped) 1 tbsp Oil Method: Blend all the marinade...
Ingredients: 1kg of chuck, flank, shin or brisket trimmed and cut into 3cm cubes 2 clove of garlic 1 small bunch of thyme 1 tspn of black peppercorns 500ml Guinness or dark ale 8 shallots peeled 1 tbsp vegemite 500gm bought puff pastry 100gm Stilton blue cheese or...
Ingredients: 4-6 streaky pork belly cutlets, skin removed, cutlets cut into strips 5 cm thick Marinade 2 onions, finely chopped 10 garlic cloves, crushed 2 cm piece fresh ginger, finely chopped 250 ml (1 cup) kochujang (Korean chilli paste) 4 tablespoons sugar 2...