Cheeseburger Spring RollsKhanh Ong
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1L of vegetable oil
- 150g high fat minced beef
- 1⁄4 red onion diced
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1⁄2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp seeded mustard
- 1⁄4 cup of grated mozzarella
- 1⁄4 cup of breadcrumbs
- 2 tbsp chopped chives
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 tbsp worcestershire sauce
- A pinch of salt
- 1 egg whisked
- 24 spring roll wrappers
- 1⁄2 cup of kewpie mayo
- 1 tbsp ketchup
- 2 tsp chopped dill pickle
- 1 tsp mustard
- 1⁄4 tsp paprika
- Heat a medium pot of oil to 180c
- For the filling, combine all the ingredients except 1⁄2 the whisked egg and the wrappers.
- Place the wrapper as a diamond shape and spread a heaped tbsp of the mixture about 2/3rds down the wrapper in a thick line.
- Use a pastry brush, brush the sides of the wrapper with egg, fold the left and ride side of the wrapper towards the centre.
- Roll the spring roll from the bottom to the top and repeat with filling and wrappers.
- Fill a medium saucepan with enough oil to cover spring rolls, heat to 180c (test using a small piece of spring roll wrapper, if it turns golden the oil is ready)
- Cook the rolls in batches for 3-4 minutes until golden.
- Set aside on paper towel to excess oil.
- For dipping sauce, mix together all ingredients and serve
Our friends at Wine Selectors recommend pairing this dish with a Shiraz Pinot Noir or a Barbera.
Ingredients: Serves 4 10 ripe figs 2 long red chillies ½ bunch basil Extra virgin olive oil 4 slices of sour dough bread 50g parmesan cheese 2 whole buffalo mozzarella ½ cup of crème criache Baking paper Method: Grill the chillies on your stovetop to blacken and...
Ingredients: 4 thick pork loin chops skin off 4 cloves garlic, roughly chopped 1 stick of rosemary, leaves picked and roughly chopped 4 fresh bay leaves, roughly chopped 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar 1/4 cup olive oil 1 teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper Flaky salt Apple...
Ingredients: Serves 6 2 bulbs garlic 6 large chicken thighs, on the bone, skin on 4 long stalks rosemary, sprigs removed (about 20) 1/4 bunch thyme salt and freshly ground black pepper A drizzle of olive oil Approx. 500 ml (17 fl oz/2 cups) Massel https://massel.com/...
Ingredients: Yorkshire Pudding Batter 225gm flour Pinch salt 3 eggs whole 200ml milk 200ml water The Toad 8 course minced pork sausages 4 Streaky bacon rashers 8inch long fresh rosemary sprigs Cracked black pepper Veg oil 1/2 cup The Sauce 1 large brown onion peeled...
Ingredients: 320g semolina plus a little extra 40g greens such as spinach or Tuscan kale Extra Virgin Olive Oil Sea salt and cracked pepper Pesto 1 garlic clove, peeled 20g pine nuts 50g wild rocket 25g parmesan plus a little extra Juice of 1 lemon Method: To make the...
Ingredients: Serves 4 12 eggs, best quality you can afford 150ml sparkling water 2 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan Sea salt and freshly cracked pepper 20g butter 4 thick slices of sourdough, toasted/charred Method: Mix together the eggs, sparkling water, parmesan...