Cheeseburger Spring RollsKhanh Ong
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1L of vegetable oil
- 150g high fat minced beef
- 1⁄4 red onion diced
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1⁄2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp seeded mustard
- 1⁄4 cup of grated mozzarella
- 1⁄4 cup of breadcrumbs
- 2 tbsp chopped chives
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 tbsp worcestershire sauce
- A pinch of salt
- 1 egg whisked
- 24 spring roll wrappers
- 1⁄2 cup of kewpie mayo
- 1 tbsp ketchup
- 2 tsp chopped dill pickle
- 1 tsp mustard
- 1⁄4 tsp paprika
- Heat a medium pot of oil to 180c
- For the filling, combine all the ingredients except 1⁄2 the whisked egg and the wrappers.
- Place the wrapper as a diamond shape and spread a heaped tbsp of the mixture about 2/3rds down the wrapper in a thick line.
- Use a pastry brush, brush the sides of the wrapper with egg, fold the left and ride side of the wrapper towards the centre.
- Roll the spring roll from the bottom to the top and repeat with filling and wrappers.
- Fill a medium saucepan with enough oil to cover spring rolls, heat to 180c (test using a small piece of spring roll wrapper, if it turns golden the oil is ready)
- Cook the rolls in batches for 3-4 minutes until golden.
- Set aside on paper towel to excess oil.
- For dipping sauce, mix together all ingredients and serve
Our friends at Wine Selectors recommend pairing this dish with a Shiraz Pinot Noir or a Barbera.
Ingredients: 4 Spicy Italian Sausages Packet of Farfalle Pasta 1 Leek 1 Carrot 1 Onion 2 Garlic 2 cups Shredded Cabbage 1 Chopped Silver Beet 1 400gm Tinned Beans 1 tsp Cumin powder 1 tsp Coriander powder 1tsp Paprika powder 2 tbsp Tomato Paste Stock of your choice...
This recipe is brought to you by our friends at Asian InspirationsIngredients:Serves: 8 Prep Time: 10 mins Cook Time: 15 mins Main Ingredients: 1 packet rice paper 150g rice vermicelli noodles 1 bunch coriander 1 bunch Thai basil 1 bunch mint 1 bunch garlic chives 1⁄4...
Ingredients: 2 puff pastry sheets 2 Tbsp vegemite 2 cups cheddar cheese grated Method: Spread vegemite over pastry sheets and top with cheese. Lightly roll each pastry up into a log and cut each log into 8 slices. Place 4 slices (sliced side up) in each Sunbeam Pie...
Ingredients: Chicken Thigh mince 1 egg Bread soaked in milk Grated parmesan Chopped parsely Spaghetti Breadcrumbs Salt & Pepper Sauce Celery Carrot Onion Olive oil Bay lead 2 tins of whole or chopped tomatoes Method: In a mixing bowl add in your chicken thigh...
Ingredients: 1 cup vegetable oil 1 cinnamon stick 3 star anise 2 tbs schizuan peppercorns 2 bay leaves 1/4 cup crushed red chilli/pepper flakes Method: In a small pot, heat the oil with the all the spices, bar the chilli flakes, on a low to medium heat for about 20...
Ingredients: 500g of kingfish or snapper fillets, skin off Juice from 6 limes 1 ripped mango 1 medium Lebanese cucumber 1/4 red onion Juice from 1 orange 1 jalapeño chilli 1 small yellow capsicum 10 mint leaves Salt and pepper to taste 200g corn tortillas chips...