Cheeseburger Spring RollsKhanh Ong
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1L of vegetable oil
- 150g high fat minced beef
- 1⁄4 red onion diced
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1⁄2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp seeded mustard
- 1⁄4 cup of grated mozzarella
- 1⁄4 cup of breadcrumbs
- 2 tbsp chopped chives
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 tbsp worcestershire sauce
- A pinch of salt
- 1 egg whisked
- 24 spring roll wrappers
- 1⁄2 cup of kewpie mayo
- 1 tbsp ketchup
- 2 tsp chopped dill pickle
- 1 tsp mustard
- 1⁄4 tsp paprika
- Heat a medium pot of oil to 180c
- For the filling, combine all the ingredients except 1⁄2 the whisked egg and the wrappers.
- Place the wrapper as a diamond shape and spread a heaped tbsp of the mixture about 2/3rds down the wrapper in a thick line.
- Use a pastry brush, brush the sides of the wrapper with egg, fold the left and ride side of the wrapper towards the centre.
- Roll the spring roll from the bottom to the top and repeat with filling and wrappers.
- Fill a medium saucepan with enough oil to cover spring rolls, heat to 180c (test using a small piece of spring roll wrapper, if it turns golden the oil is ready)
- Cook the rolls in batches for 3-4 minutes until golden.
- Set aside on paper towel to excess oil.
- For dipping sauce, mix together all ingredients and serve
Our friends at Wine Selectors recommend pairing this dish with a Shiraz Pinot Noir or a Barbera.
Picnic Cheese Board
Ingredients: Hard Cheese Soft Cheese Blue Cheese 1 baguette A bunch of Green Grapes Honeycomb Salami (sliced) Smoked Salmon Dip Artisan Crackers Beetroot dip Poppy Seed Skordalia Dip Dukkah Stuffed Bell Peppers Marinated Olives (pitted) Method: There are no rules or...
Roasted Brussel Sprout Salad
Ingredients: 700g sprouts (500g trimmed whole, 200g thinly sliced) 3 garlic cloves, crushed 100g kale, thinly shredded 1 red onion, thinly sliced 150ml olive oil 3 lemons, juiced 2 anchovies in oil, chopped 2 tbsp wholegrain mustard 80g hazelnuts, toasted and...
Salt & Pepper Squid Cones
Ingredients: 1 tbsp sea salt flakes 1 tbsp cracked black pepper 8 cleaned squid tubes, thinly sliced Vegetable oil, for deep-frying 1 cup self-raising flour ½ cup mayonnaise Lemon wedges, to serve Method: Place the salt and pepper in a large bowl and mix to combine....
Zucchini Flower & Ricotta Tart
Serves 4 Ingredients: 2 sheets frozen puff pastry, thawed and halved 500g fresh ricotta 8 slices prosciutto 2 tbsp white balsamic vinegar 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil Sea salt and cracked black pepper 6 zucchini flowers, halved and stamens removed, or 1 zucchini,...
Orecchiette with Broccolini
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Perfection Fresh Ingredients: 500g orecchiette pasta Table salt for pasta water 2 heads broccolini, cut into small pieces, use stalk as well 4 birds eye chilli, sliced finely 5 cloves garlic, chopped 4...
Okonomiyaki (Japanese Pancake)
Ingredients: ½ of a Wombok Cabbage (Shredded ) 3 Carrots (2 grated & 1 julienned) Daikon (julienned) - optional 3 eggs 1 cup of Corn Flour Spring Onions (Chopped) Mint Black & White Sesame Seeds Caster Sugar White Vinegar Kewpie Hoisin Chilli - optional Fried...