Chicken and Corn Egg Drop SoupMatt Sinclair
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 1 red shallot, finely diced
- 4cm piece ginger, grated
- 2 cups corn kernels, roughly chopped
- 100ml Shaoxing wine
- 1.5 litres chicken stock
- 2 Tbsp corn flour
- 2 tsp light soy sauce
- 150g deboned BBQ chicken, roughly chopped
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- ¼ tsp white pepper
- 1 Tbsp sesame oil
- 2 spring onions, finely sliced
- Heat the oil in a heavy-based pot over a medium heat and fry off the shallot and ginger for 1-2 minutes, stirring often. Add the corn, mix to combine, and cook for 1 more minute before adding the Shaoxing wine. Let it simmer until the liquid reduces by about half. Pour in the stock and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to low and let the soup simmer for about 20 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine the cornflour and soy sauce with 3 Tbsp water and whisk together until the cornflour has dissolved. Pour into the soup and mix well.
- Add the chicken to heat it through and season the soup with white pepper and salt to taste. Gently drizzle the egg into the soup, stirring constantly with a fork to break it up. Once the egg has set into ribbons, remove from the heat, and serve. Garnish with a little drizzle of sesame oil and spring onions.
Our friends at Wine Selectors suggest pairing this dish with a Riesling.
Picnic Cheese Board
Ingredients: Hard Cheese Soft Cheese Blue Cheese 1 baguette A bunch of Green Grapes Honeycomb Salami (sliced) Smoked Salmon Dip Artisan Crackers Beetroot dip Poppy Seed Skordalia Dip Dukkah Stuffed Bell Peppers Marinated Olives (pitted) Method: There are no rules or...
Roasted Brussel Sprout Salad
Ingredients: 700g sprouts (500g trimmed whole, 200g thinly sliced) 3 garlic cloves, crushed 100g kale, thinly shredded 1 red onion, thinly sliced 150ml olive oil 3 lemons, juiced 2 anchovies in oil, chopped 2 tbsp wholegrain mustard 80g hazelnuts, toasted and...
Salt & Pepper Squid Cones
Ingredients: 1 tbsp sea salt flakes 1 tbsp cracked black pepper 8 cleaned squid tubes, thinly sliced Vegetable oil, for deep-frying 1 cup self-raising flour ½ cup mayonnaise Lemon wedges, to serve Method: Place the salt and pepper in a large bowl and mix to combine....
Zucchini Flower & Ricotta Tart
Serves 4 Ingredients: 2 sheets frozen puff pastry, thawed and halved 500g fresh ricotta 8 slices prosciutto 2 tbsp white balsamic vinegar 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil Sea salt and cracked black pepper 6 zucchini flowers, halved and stamens removed, or 1 zucchini,...
Orecchiette with Broccolini
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Perfection Fresh Ingredients: 500g orecchiette pasta Table salt for pasta water 2 heads broccolini, cut into small pieces, use stalk as well 4 birds eye chilli, sliced finely 5 cloves garlic, chopped 4...
Okonomiyaki (Japanese Pancake)
Ingredients: ½ of a Wombok Cabbage (Shredded ) 3 Carrots (2 grated & 1 julienned) Daikon (julienned) - optional 3 eggs 1 cup of Corn Flour Spring Onions (Chopped) Mint Black & White Sesame Seeds Caster Sugar White Vinegar Kewpie Hoisin Chilli - optional Fried...