Chicken and Corn Egg Drop SoupMatt Sinclair
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 1 red shallot, finely diced
- 4cm piece ginger, grated
- 2 cups corn kernels, roughly chopped
- 100ml Shaoxing wine
- 1.5 litres chicken stock
- 2 Tbsp corn flour
- 2 tsp light soy sauce
- 150g deboned BBQ chicken, roughly chopped
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- ¼ tsp white pepper
- 1 Tbsp sesame oil
- 2 spring onions, finely sliced
- Heat the oil in a heavy-based pot over a medium heat and fry off the shallot and ginger for 1-2 minutes, stirring often. Add the corn, mix to combine, and cook for 1 more minute before adding the Shaoxing wine. Let it simmer until the liquid reduces by about half. Pour in the stock and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to low and let the soup simmer for about 20 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine the cornflour and soy sauce with 3 Tbsp water and whisk together until the cornflour has dissolved. Pour into the soup and mix well.
- Add the chicken to heat it through and season the soup with white pepper and salt to taste. Gently drizzle the egg into the soup, stirring constantly with a fork to break it up. Once the egg has set into ribbons, remove from the heat, and serve. Garnish with a little drizzle of sesame oil and spring onions.
Our friends at Wine Selectors suggest pairing this dish with a Riesling.
Ingredients: 4 Spicy Italian Sausages Packet of Farfalle Pasta 1 Leek 1 Carrot 1 Onion 2 Garlic 2 cups Shredded Cabbage 1 Chopped Silver Beet 1 400gm Tinned Beans 1 tsp Cumin powder 1 tsp Coriander powder 1tsp Paprika powder 2 tbsp Tomato Paste Stock of your choice...
This recipe is brought to you by our friends at Asian InspirationsIngredients:Serves: 8 Prep Time: 10 mins Cook Time: 15 mins Main Ingredients: 1 packet rice paper 150g rice vermicelli noodles 1 bunch coriander 1 bunch Thai basil 1 bunch mint 1 bunch garlic chives 1⁄4...
Ingredients: 2 puff pastry sheets 2 Tbsp vegemite 2 cups cheddar cheese grated Method: Spread vegemite over pastry sheets and top with cheese. Lightly roll each pastry up into a log and cut each log into 8 slices. Place 4 slices (sliced side up) in each Sunbeam Pie...
Ingredients: Chicken Thigh mince 1 egg Bread soaked in milk Grated parmesan Chopped parsely Spaghetti Breadcrumbs Salt & Pepper Sauce Celery Carrot Onion Olive oil Bay lead 2 tins of whole or chopped tomatoes Method: In a mixing bowl add in your chicken thigh...
Ingredients: 1 cup vegetable oil 1 cinnamon stick 3 star anise 2 tbs schizuan peppercorns 2 bay leaves 1/4 cup crushed red chilli/pepper flakes Method: In a small pot, heat the oil with the all the spices, bar the chilli flakes, on a low to medium heat for about 20...
Ingredients: 500g of kingfish or snapper fillets, skin off Juice from 6 limes 1 ripped mango 1 medium Lebanese cucumber 1/4 red onion Juice from 1 orange 1 jalapeño chilli 1 small yellow capsicum 10 mint leaves Salt and pepper to taste 200g corn tortillas chips...