Chicken and Corn Egg Drop SoupMatt Sinclair
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 1 red shallot, finely diced
- 4cm piece ginger, grated
- 2 cups corn kernels, roughly chopped
- 100ml Shaoxing wine
- 1.5 litres chicken stock
- 2 Tbsp corn flour
- 2 tsp light soy sauce
- 150g deboned BBQ chicken, roughly chopped
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- ¼ tsp white pepper
- 1 Tbsp sesame oil
- 2 spring onions, finely sliced
- Heat the oil in a heavy-based pot over a medium heat and fry off the shallot and ginger for 1-2 minutes, stirring often. Add the corn, mix to combine, and cook for 1 more minute before adding the Shaoxing wine. Let it simmer until the liquid reduces by about half. Pour in the stock and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to low and let the soup simmer for about 20 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine the cornflour and soy sauce with 3 Tbsp water and whisk together until the cornflour has dissolved. Pour into the soup and mix well.
- Add the chicken to heat it through and season the soup with white pepper and salt to taste. Gently drizzle the egg into the soup, stirring constantly with a fork to break it up. Once the egg has set into ribbons, remove from the heat, and serve. Garnish with a little drizzle of sesame oil and spring onions.
Our friends at Wine Selectors suggest pairing this dish with a Riesling.
Ingredients: 2 heads broccoli 1 large leek, halved lengthwise, rinsed 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil 1 head garlic, unpeeled 4 cups (1L) chicken or vegetable stock 120g baby spinach leaves 125g sour cream, plus extra to serve Chilli flakes & herbs, such as basil,...
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Asian Inspirations Ingredients: 2 pieces Shimeji mushroom (thinly sliced) 2 pieces Red capsicum (thinly sliced) 2 pieces Zucchini (thinly sliced) 2 pieces Eggplant (thinly sliced) 2 pieces Sweet potato...
Ingredients: 30ml Vegetable oil 1 tin of chopped tomatoes 3 small red onions, 1 sliced, 2 roughly chopped 1 Red Scotch bonnet, finely chopped 100g Tomato paste 2 Tsp curry powder 1 Tsp Thyme, Fresh preferably but dried will also work 2 Bay leaves 1lt Chicken...
Ingredients:For pastry: 225g Plain Flour 100g Butter, unsalted (Make sure it’s really cold!) 4 Tbsp water, chilled For Filling: 250ml Cream 2 Large Eggs 200g Gaunchalie (or bacon) 1 Brown Onion, diced 100g Heritage baby tomatoes (halved) 125g Gruyère cheese 50g...
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Ocean Spray Ingredients: 400g Venison Loin 1 Carrot chopped 1 Brown onion, diced 1 Bay Leaf 2 Sprigs Rosemary 1 Bulb Garlic 1 Glass Red wine 1 Tbsp Tomato paste 700ml Beef Stock 100g Dark chocolate ...
Ingredients: 100g self raising flour 1 egg 3 tbs sour cream 2 tins corn ½ bunch coriander 1 bunch spring onions 2 avocados 1 shallot 1 long red chilli 2 limes Method: n a mixing bowl, combine your egg, the tinned corn, ½ a shallot, sour cream and flour together,...