Chicken and Corn Egg Drop SoupMatt Sinclair
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 1 red shallot, finely diced
- 4cm piece ginger, grated
- 2 cups corn kernels, roughly chopped
- 100ml Shaoxing wine
- 1.5 litres chicken stock
- 2 Tbsp corn flour
- 2 tsp light soy sauce
- 150g deboned BBQ chicken, roughly chopped
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- ¼ tsp white pepper
- 1 Tbsp sesame oil
- 2 spring onions, finely sliced
- Heat the oil in a heavy-based pot over a medium heat and fry off the shallot and ginger for 1-2 minutes, stirring often. Add the corn, mix to combine, and cook for 1 more minute before adding the Shaoxing wine. Let it simmer until the liquid reduces by about half. Pour in the stock and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to low and let the soup simmer for about 20 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine the cornflour and soy sauce with 3 Tbsp water and whisk together until the cornflour has dissolved. Pour into the soup and mix well.
- Add the chicken to heat it through and season the soup with white pepper and salt to taste. Gently drizzle the egg into the soup, stirring constantly with a fork to break it up. Once the egg has set into ribbons, remove from the heat, and serve. Garnish with a little drizzle of sesame oil and spring onions.
Our friends at Wine Selectors suggest pairing this dish with a Riesling.
Ingredients: Serves: 2-4 2 x 250g T-bone or Rump steak Sea salt 2 Tbsp Olive oil 2 Tbsp Butter 1 brown onion, diced 2-3 cloves garlic, finely chopped 1 tsp dried chilli flakes 2 tsp dried mixed herbs 40 ‘twists’ cracked black pepper 2 chicken stock cubes, crumbled 2-3...
Ingredients: Crown Pumpkin (or similar) Pumpkin Puree: 250g Pumpkin seeds 100g Miso 500g Spanish Onion 100g Butter Method: Pumpkin Puree: Roast pumpkin seeds at 200 degrees until golden Sweat down onions in butter until nice and golden Once all cooked blitz together...
Ingredients: 1kg pork mince 1 brown onion, finely diced 2 cloves garlic, finely diced 1 cup grated parmigiano cheese 1 egg 1/2 cup fresh breadcrumbs Plain flour, for dusting White Wine Sauce: 2 cups white wine 1 bunch sage leaves 2 sprigs of rosemary 2 bay leaves 6...
Ingredients: Serves: 4-6 500g beef mince 3 lemongrass stalks, white part only, grated 3 spring onions, white and green separated, each finely chopped 1 large clove garlic, grated ½ cup chopped coriander (stems included) 1 Tbsp fish sauce 1 Tbsp caster sugar 1 tsp salt...
Ingredients: Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Wine Selectors Serves: 4 Four quails 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and finely chopped 6-8 leaves of sage, finely chopped Sea salt and cracked pepper 8 strips smoky pancetta Olive oil Lemon halves for...
Ingredients: Serves: 4 2 tablespoon olive oil 3 garlic cloves, crushed 500g chicken breast, whole 1 brown onion, finely diced 1 cup dry white wine 1 cup cream 2 tablespoons tarragon, coarsely chopped 1 teaspoon cornflour serve with steamed rice and blanched broccolini...