Chicken and Corn Egg Drop SoupMatt Sinclair
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 1 red shallot, finely diced
- 4cm piece ginger, grated
- 2 cups corn kernels, roughly chopped
- 100ml Shaoxing wine
- 1.5 litres chicken stock
- 2 Tbsp corn flour
- 2 tsp light soy sauce
- 150g deboned BBQ chicken, roughly chopped
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- ¼ tsp white pepper
- 1 Tbsp sesame oil
- 2 spring onions, finely sliced
- Heat the oil in a heavy-based pot over a medium heat and fry off the shallot and ginger for 1-2 minutes, stirring often. Add the corn, mix to combine, and cook for 1 more minute before adding the Shaoxing wine. Let it simmer until the liquid reduces by about half. Pour in the stock and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to low and let the soup simmer for about 20 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine the cornflour and soy sauce with 3 Tbsp water and whisk together until the cornflour has dissolved. Pour into the soup and mix well.
- Add the chicken to heat it through and season the soup with white pepper and salt to taste. Gently drizzle the egg into the soup, stirring constantly with a fork to break it up. Once the egg has set into ribbons, remove from the heat, and serve. Garnish with a little drizzle of sesame oil and spring onions.
Our friends at Wine Selectors suggest pairing this dish with a Riesling.
Ingredients: 500g fresh broad beans, in their pods 3–4 small fennel bulbs 250g frozen peas, thawed and rinsed 1 red onion, finely sliced 1 cup dill, finely chopped 1⁄2 bunch mint, finely chopped, plus extra whole leaves to garnish 1⁄2 bunch flat-leaf parsley, finely...
Ingredients: Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Let's Go Motorhomes Romesco Sauce: 4 large red peppers 2 garlic cloves 150g ground almonds 100g sun-dried tomatoes in oil 100ml extra virgin olive oil 20ml apple cider vinegar 1 tbsp smoked paprika 1...
Ingredients: Serves: 2-4 1 cup Vegetable oil 4 eggs 3 lap cheong sausages, thinly sliced 2 Tbsp XO Sauce 100gm cherry tomatoes, halved ½ red onion, thinly sliced 1 green chilli, thinly sliced ½ cup coriander, roughly chopped Method: Heat oil in a wok over a...
Ingredients: ½ cup dried scallops ½ cup dried shrimp 300ml Shaoxing wine 6 long red chillies, roughly chopped 2 inch piece ginger, peeled, roughly chopped 1 head garlic (10-12 cloves), peeled, roughly chopped 2 large red shallots, roughly chopped 1 large rasher bacon,...
Ingredients: Filling: 1 bunch silverbeet, chopped finely 500g ricotta 1 egg 50g grated parmigiano cheese Sea salt Freshly cracked black pepper 1/3 nutmeg grated Sugo: 2 x 400g tins chopped tomatoes 1 brown onion, finely diced 1 garlic clove, finely chopped 1 long red...
Ingredients: 100g butter 200g finely grated pecorino cheese Salt Black pepper, freshly ground Pasta Dough: 100g semolina flour 100g plain flour 80ml - 100ml water Pinch of salt Method: Make the pasta dough and allow it to rest for 20 minutes. Cut the dough into long...