- ¼ cup pistachios
- ¼ cup hazelnuts
- ¼ cup slivered almonds
- ¼ cup toasted sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp. cumin seeds
- 1 tbsp. fennel seeds
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp cracked pepper
- Place the nuts in a large pan over a medium heat. No need to add oil. Move in the oven for even colouring and toast until lightly golden. Remove from the heat and transfer to the bowl of a food processor.
- Return the pan to a low-medium heat and add the sesame seeds, cumin seeds and fennel seeds and toast until fragrant and sesame seeds have a light colouring. Transfer to the food processor along with the sugar, salt and pepper.
- Pulse the ingredients a few times to break up the nuts and combine the spices. The dukkah should be coarsely ground and not too fine. Taste and adjust seasoning if required. Transfer to an airtight container, it will keep for up to 1 month.
- Dukkah is very versatile and can be used in a variety of dishes.
- Similar to Zataar, it can be added to salads, meat or vegetable dishes, as a topping on oiled, grilled flatbread, as part of a cheese/mezze or charcuterie platter, sprinkled over avocado on toast or even poached eggs.
- Dukkah matches well with vegetables, especially roasted Mediterranean/Middle Eastern style, Grilled or smoked salmon, Lamb, Chicken and Falafel.
Ingredients: 500g fresh broad beans, in their pods 3–4 small fennel bulbs 250g frozen peas, thawed and rinsed 1 red onion, finely sliced 1 cup dill, finely chopped 1⁄2 bunch mint, finely chopped, plus extra whole leaves to garnish 1⁄2 bunch flat-leaf parsley, finely...
Ingredients: Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Let's Go Motorhomes Romesco Sauce: 4 large red peppers 2 garlic cloves 150g ground almonds 100g sun-dried tomatoes in oil 100ml extra virgin olive oil 20ml apple cider vinegar 1 tbsp smoked paprika 1...
Ingredients: Serves: 2-4 1 cup Vegetable oil 4 eggs 3 lap cheong sausages, thinly sliced 2 Tbsp XO Sauce 100gm cherry tomatoes, halved ½ red onion, thinly sliced 1 green chilli, thinly sliced ½ cup coriander, roughly chopped Method: Heat oil in a wok over a...
Ingredients: ½ cup dried scallops ½ cup dried shrimp 300ml Shaoxing wine 6 long red chillies, roughly chopped 2 inch piece ginger, peeled, roughly chopped 1 head garlic (10-12 cloves), peeled, roughly chopped 2 large red shallots, roughly chopped 1 large rasher bacon,...
Ingredients: Filling: 1 bunch silverbeet, chopped finely 500g ricotta 1 egg 50g grated parmigiano cheese Sea salt Freshly cracked black pepper 1/3 nutmeg grated Sugo: 2 x 400g tins chopped tomatoes 1 brown onion, finely diced 1 garlic clove, finely chopped 1 long red...
Ingredients: 100g butter 200g finely grated pecorino cheese Salt Black pepper, freshly ground Pasta Dough: 100g semolina flour 100g plain flour 80ml - 100ml water Pinch of salt Method: Make the pasta dough and allow it to rest for 20 minutes. Cut the dough into long...