- ¼ cup pistachios
- ¼ cup hazelnuts
- ¼ cup slivered almonds
- ¼ cup toasted sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp. cumin seeds
- 1 tbsp. fennel seeds
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp cracked pepper
- Place the nuts in a large pan over a medium heat. No need to add oil. Move in the oven for even colouring and toast until lightly golden. Remove from the heat and transfer to the bowl of a food processor.
- Return the pan to a low-medium heat and add the sesame seeds, cumin seeds and fennel seeds and toast until fragrant and sesame seeds have a light colouring. Transfer to the food processor along with the sugar, salt and pepper.
- Pulse the ingredients a few times to break up the nuts and combine the spices. The dukkah should be coarsely ground and not too fine. Taste and adjust seasoning if required. Transfer to an airtight container, it will keep for up to 1 month.
- Dukkah is very versatile and can be used in a variety of dishes.
- Similar to Zataar, it can be added to salads, meat or vegetable dishes, as a topping on oiled, grilled flatbread, as part of a cheese/mezze or charcuterie platter, sprinkled over avocado on toast or even poached eggs.
- Dukkah matches well with vegetables, especially roasted Mediterranean/Middle Eastern style, Grilled or smoked salmon, Lamb, Chicken and Falafel.
Ingredients: Serves: 2-4 2 x 250g T-bone or Rump steak Sea salt 2 Tbsp Olive oil 2 Tbsp Butter 1 brown onion, diced 2-3 cloves garlic, finely chopped 1 tsp dried chilli flakes 2 tsp dried mixed herbs 40 ‘twists’ cracked black pepper 2 chicken stock cubes, crumbled 2-3...
Ingredients: Crown Pumpkin (or similar) Pumpkin Puree: 250g Pumpkin seeds 100g Miso 500g Spanish Onion 100g Butter Method: Pumpkin Puree: Roast pumpkin seeds at 200 degrees until golden Sweat down onions in butter until nice and golden Once all cooked blitz together...
Ingredients: 1kg pork mince 1 brown onion, finely diced 2 cloves garlic, finely diced 1 cup grated parmigiano cheese 1 egg 1/2 cup fresh breadcrumbs Plain flour, for dusting White Wine Sauce: 2 cups white wine 1 bunch sage leaves 2 sprigs of rosemary 2 bay leaves 6...
Ingredients: Serves: 4-6 500g beef mince 3 lemongrass stalks, white part only, grated 3 spring onions, white and green separated, each finely chopped 1 large clove garlic, grated ½ cup chopped coriander (stems included) 1 Tbsp fish sauce 1 Tbsp caster sugar 1 tsp salt...
Ingredients: Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Wine Selectors Serves: 4 Four quails 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and finely chopped 6-8 leaves of sage, finely chopped Sea salt and cracked pepper 8 strips smoky pancetta Olive oil Lemon halves for...
Ingredients: Serves: 4 2 tablespoon olive oil 3 garlic cloves, crushed 500g chicken breast, whole 1 brown onion, finely diced 1 cup dry white wine 1 cup cream 2 tablespoons tarragon, coarsely chopped 1 teaspoon cornflour serve with steamed rice and blanched broccolini...