- ¼ cup pistachios
- ¼ cup hazelnuts
- ¼ cup slivered almonds
- ¼ cup toasted sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp. cumin seeds
- 1 tbsp. fennel seeds
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp cracked pepper
- Place the nuts in a large pan over a medium heat. No need to add oil. Move in the oven for even colouring and toast until lightly golden. Remove from the heat and transfer to the bowl of a food processor.
- Return the pan to a low-medium heat and add the sesame seeds, cumin seeds and fennel seeds and toast until fragrant and sesame seeds have a light colouring. Transfer to the food processor along with the sugar, salt and pepper.
- Pulse the ingredients a few times to break up the nuts and combine the spices. The dukkah should be coarsely ground and not too fine. Taste and adjust seasoning if required. Transfer to an airtight container, it will keep for up to 1 month.
- Dukkah is very versatile and can be used in a variety of dishes.
- Similar to Zataar, it can be added to salads, meat or vegetable dishes, as a topping on oiled, grilled flatbread, as part of a cheese/mezze or charcuterie platter, sprinkled over avocado on toast or even poached eggs.
- Dukkah matches well with vegetables, especially roasted Mediterranean/Middle Eastern style, Grilled or smoked salmon, Lamb, Chicken and Falafel.
Picnic Cheese Board
Ingredients: Hard Cheese Soft Cheese Blue Cheese 1 baguette A bunch of Green Grapes Honeycomb Salami (sliced) Smoked Salmon Dip Artisan Crackers Beetroot dip Poppy Seed Skordalia Dip Dukkah Stuffed Bell Peppers Marinated Olives (pitted) Method: There are no rules or...
Roasted Brussel Sprout Salad
Ingredients: 700g sprouts (500g trimmed whole, 200g thinly sliced) 3 garlic cloves, crushed 100g kale, thinly shredded 1 red onion, thinly sliced 150ml olive oil 3 lemons, juiced 2 anchovies in oil, chopped 2 tbsp wholegrain mustard 80g hazelnuts, toasted and...
Salt & Pepper Squid Cones
Ingredients: 1 tbsp sea salt flakes 1 tbsp cracked black pepper 8 cleaned squid tubes, thinly sliced Vegetable oil, for deep-frying 1 cup self-raising flour ½ cup mayonnaise Lemon wedges, to serve Method: Place the salt and pepper in a large bowl and mix to combine....
Zucchini Flower & Ricotta Tart
Serves 4 Ingredients: 2 sheets frozen puff pastry, thawed and halved 500g fresh ricotta 8 slices prosciutto 2 tbsp white balsamic vinegar 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil Sea salt and cracked black pepper 6 zucchini flowers, halved and stamens removed, or 1 zucchini,...
Orecchiette with Broccolini
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Perfection Fresh Ingredients: 500g orecchiette pasta Table salt for pasta water 2 heads broccolini, cut into small pieces, use stalk as well 4 birds eye chilli, sliced finely 5 cloves garlic, chopped 4...
Okonomiyaki (Japanese Pancake)
Ingredients: ½ of a Wombok Cabbage (Shredded ) 3 Carrots (2 grated & 1 julienned) Daikon (julienned) - optional 3 eggs 1 cup of Corn Flour Spring Onions (Chopped) Mint Black & White Sesame Seeds Caster Sugar White Vinegar Kewpie Hoisin Chilli - optional Fried...