Flourless Orange Cake with Lemon ButtercreamKay-Lene Tan
Flourless Orange Cake
- Oranges 3pcs
- Sugar 375g
- Ground cardamom 3g
- Cinnamon 1 large pinch
- Almond meal 450g
- Baking powder 7.5g
- Eggs 8 pcs
- Eggs 110g
- Butter 500g
- Sugar 145g
- Water 40g
- Lemon juice 50g
Flourless Orange Cake
- Fill a pot with cold water, and place orange in. Use a metal tray, or plate, to ensure the oranges are completely submerged. Bring water to boil, and allow to simmer for about 2 hours, or until the oranges are completely soft.
- Once they are done, cut oranges and remove the pith, fiber and any seeds. Put oranges into a blender with sugar, ground cardamom, and cinnamon. Blitz until smooth, then pour into a bowl. Whisk in almond meal, and baking powder.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk the eggs until fluffy. Fold the eggs into the orange mixture gently. Pour into a cake tin lined with baking paper. Bake at 170⁰c for about 45 minutes. Use a skewer and test if it comes out clean.
- Allow the cake to cool for 5 minutes before removing from the tin.
- Soften butter in the microwave.
- Crack eggs into a mixing bowl with the whisk attachment, and whisk on medium speed.
- Bring sugar and water to 112⁰c, then pour into eggs steadily. Allow to whisk until the bowl is cool to touch.
- Add in soft butter, and whisk until smooth and creamy. Add in lemon juice. Change the attachment to a paddle and allow to beat for 3 minutes.
- Use as required.
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at JC’s Quality Foods Ingredients: 1 ½ cups raw cashews 1 ½ desiccated coconut 3 medium ripe bananas, peeled and chopped 10 fresh dates, pitted 2 tsp vanilla extract ⅓ cup raw cacao powder ½ tsp bicarbonate of...
Ingredients: 500g unsalted room temp butter + extra for greasing 250g self-raising flour + extra for dusting 250g golden caster sugar 5 large free-range eggs 100ml milk ½ tsp vanilla extract ½ tp baking powder 250g quality dark chocolate (70%) 100g icing sugar 300g...
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at JC’s Quality Foods Ingredients: 2 cups (300g) Buckwheat flour 1 ½ cups almond meal 1 tsp ground cinnamon ½ tsp sea salt flakes ¾ cup maple syrup ½ cup vegetable oil ⅓ cup raspberry jam Method: Preheat the...
Ingredients: Oil, for frying For the Pastry: 250g plain white flour 90g cornflour 70g caster sugar 3g sea salt 70g cold unsalted butter, cut into pieces 10ml cider vinegar 120g water For the Filling: 4 Granny Smiths apples, peeled, cored & roughly chopped 65g...
Ingredients:Makes 12 donuts Oil, for frying For the Dough: 1 cup lukewarm milk 1 tbsp dried yeast 1/3 cup caster sugar 3 egg yolks 1 tsp vanilla paste 4 tbsp soft butter 4 1/4 cups plain flour For the Custard: 1/2 cup sugar 3 tbsp cornflour 2 cups milk 4 yolks 2 tsps...
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Perfection Fresh Ingredients: 200g plain flour 100 caster sugar 200ml milk, full fat 1 whole egg 1 egg yolk 50g butter Icing sugar, for dusting For Bananas: 75g caster sugar 30g butter, salted Banana...