Flourless Orange Cake with Lemon ButtercreamKay-Lene Tan
Flourless Orange Cake
- Oranges 3pcs
- Sugar 375g
- Ground cardamom 3g
- Cinnamon 1 large pinch
- Almond meal 450g
- Baking powder 7.5g
- Eggs 8 pcs
- Eggs 110g
- Butter 500g
- Sugar 145g
- Water 40g
- Lemon juice 50g
Flourless Orange Cake
- Fill a pot with cold water, and place orange in. Use a metal tray, or plate, to ensure the oranges are completely submerged. Bring water to boil, and allow to simmer for about 2 hours, or until the oranges are completely soft.
- Once they are done, cut oranges and remove the pith, fiber and any seeds. Put oranges into a blender with sugar, ground cardamom, and cinnamon. Blitz until smooth, then pour into a bowl. Whisk in almond meal, and baking powder.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk the eggs until fluffy. Fold the eggs into the orange mixture gently. Pour into a cake tin lined with baking paper. Bake at 170⁰c for about 45 minutes. Use a skewer and test if it comes out clean.
- Allow the cake to cool for 5 minutes before removing from the tin.
- Soften butter in the microwave.
- Crack eggs into a mixing bowl with the whisk attachment, and whisk on medium speed.
- Bring sugar and water to 112⁰c, then pour into eggs steadily. Allow to whisk until the bowl is cool to touch.
- Add in soft butter, and whisk until smooth and creamy. Add in lemon juice. Change the attachment to a paddle and allow to beat for 3 minutes.
- Use as required.
Ingredients:BASE 3 Egg Yolks 1/2 cup Caster Sugar 125g soft butter 2 cups Self-Raising flour 1 cup orange juice Vanilla TOPPING 3 egg whites 1/2 cup caster sugar 1 cup desiccated coconut Method: Beat butter and sugar until creamy. Add yolks and vanilla. Fold in the...
Ingredients: Plant-based milk Chia seeds Cacao powder Maple syrup Vanilla extract or paste Method: Combine all of the ingredients in a high-speed blender and blend until smooth. If you prefer to eat the seeds whole, you can skip the blender and combine the ingredients...
This recipe is brought to you by our friends at Healthy Life.Ingredients: 2 salmon fillets, skin off 1 cup edamame beans, frozen and blanched 1 Lebanese cucumber, sliced thinly 1 carrot, ribboned 1 avocado, diced 1/2 bunch spring onions, sliced 1 cup cooked brown...
Ingredients: 7 gm (1 sachet) dried yeast 360 gm plain flour 55 gm (¼ cup) caster sugar 150 ml lukewarm milk 40 gm softened butter 1 egg 250 gm milk chocolate, finely chopped 190 gm crème fraîche 70 ml pouring cream For deep-frying: vegetable oil 3-4 Tim Tams, coarsely...
Ingredients: 4 cups full cream milk 1/2 cup medium-grain rice 1 + 1/2 cups of water 1/4 tsp salt 1/2 cup caster sugar 2 tbs heaped tbsp cornflour 1 Vanilla bean or 1 tsp vanilla bean paste Traditional topping option Greek Cinnamon to dust the top Or Lotus Biscoff...
Ingredients: 1 very ripe banana (about 120g) 3 eggs, whisked 20g scoop vanilla plant-based protein powder 2 teaspoons of maple syrup 70g (1/2cup) quartered strawberries 1 tablespoon tapioca flour 1 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil Method: SERVES 1 Place your banana in...