Flourless Orange Cake with Lemon ButtercreamKay-Lene Tan
Flourless Orange Cake
- Oranges 3pcs
- Sugar 375g
- Ground cardamom 3g
- Cinnamon 1 large pinch
- Almond meal 450g
- Baking powder 7.5g
- Eggs 8 pcs
- Eggs 110g
- Butter 500g
- Sugar 145g
- Water 40g
- Lemon juice 50g
Flourless Orange Cake
- Fill a pot with cold water, and place orange in. Use a metal tray, or plate, to ensure the oranges are completely submerged. Bring water to boil, and allow to simmer for about 2 hours, or until the oranges are completely soft.
- Once they are done, cut oranges and remove the pith, fiber and any seeds. Put oranges into a blender with sugar, ground cardamom, and cinnamon. Blitz until smooth, then pour into a bowl. Whisk in almond meal, and baking powder.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk the eggs until fluffy. Fold the eggs into the orange mixture gently. Pour into a cake tin lined with baking paper. Bake at 170⁰c for about 45 minutes. Use a skewer and test if it comes out clean.
- Allow the cake to cool for 5 minutes before removing from the tin.
- Soften butter in the microwave.
- Crack eggs into a mixing bowl with the whisk attachment, and whisk on medium speed.
- Bring sugar and water to 112⁰c, then pour into eggs steadily. Allow to whisk until the bowl is cool to touch.
- Add in soft butter, and whisk until smooth and creamy. Add in lemon juice. Change the attachment to a paddle and allow to beat for 3 minutes.
- Use as required.
Ingredients: Makes 28 portions 12 eggs 800gm 900gm caster sugar 675gm 68% Madagascar chocolate 675gm-unsalted butter 225gm ground macadamia meal 225gm cocoa powder 300gm macadamia nuts Method: Preheat oven to 150 degrees Grease and line sponge tray with parchment...
Ingredients: 1 cup semolina 1 cup almonds, blanched, toasted and roughly chopped 2 cups self raising flour, sifted 2 tsp baking powder Rind of 1 lemon 6 eggs 250g butter at room temp Juice of 2 oranges 2 tbsp cognac or brandy 1 cup of caster. Sugar Shredded coconut as...
Ingredients: Makes 12 ¾ cup Australian almonds 1/3 cup rolled oats 2 tbsp cacao powder ½ tsp vanilla extract 12 medjool dates 3 tbsp cacao nibs 1 tbsp Australian almond oil Method: In a food processor blend ¼ cup of the almonds until they are crushed lightly but not...
Ingredients: Makes 2 small jars of jam and nut butter Jam ¼ cup fresh Australian raspberries ¼ cup fresh Australian blackberries ¼ cup fresh Australian strawberries ¼ cup fresh Australian blueberries ¼ cup fresh Australian red seedless grapes Splash Water ¼ cup chia...
Ingredients: Serves two 1/2 cup very cold vodka Juice of two limes 2 tablespoons sugar syrup 1/2 cup fresh raspberries 1/2 cup blueberries Approx 500ml sparkling water Ice Method: Bring together the vodka, lime juice, sugar syrup, raspberries, blueberries and...
Ingredients: 8 egg yolks 1 tsp vanilla extract 3 cups white sugar 3 litres of milk Pinch of salt 120g butter 2 cups semolina 15 sheets of fillo pastry 150g butter melted (approx.) Icing sugar + cinnamon to serve Method: Separate egg yolks from whites Add vanilla...