Game-Changing GranolaElena Duggan
- 1kg Mixed raw nuts and seeds, your favourites
- 50g Coconut Oil
- 50g Raw cacao powder
- 5g Pink salt
- 100g Coconut, shaved
- 100g Dried blueberries or goji berries
- 15-25g Cinnamon, ground (to taste)
- 25g Stevia, powdered
- You could use buckwheat if you’re not adverse or sensitive to make up some of the 1kg.
- You could add vanilla or other spices.
- You could use macadamia and lemon myrtle for an Aussie twist.
- You don’t have to use any sweetener if you are trying to stay away from it, or minimal of the lesser offensive ones like Rice Malt Syrup, Honey, Maple Syrup – you can even leave out the dried fruit if it’s a concern.
- If you’re not a fan of coconut, don’t include it – use olive oil, grapeseed oil or butter even if you prefer.
- In a single layer, this granola could be prepared in a dehydrator if you have one.
- Instead of a food processor, ingredients can be roughly diced or smashed with a rolling pin.
- Preheat oven to 100° Celsius.
- Mix all dry ingredients together in a large heavy based oven tray or baking dish.
- Stir through the coconut oil, ensuring all ingredients are coated and have a slightly wet sheen.
- Bake in the oven at 80-100° Celsius for 4-6hours, occasionally turning over – especially if your oven has any hot spots.
- Allow cooling for an hour or more.
- Blitz in food processor in batches to desired texture and consistency.
- Place in airtight jars. Serve with your favourite milk, yoghurt or non-dairy alternative.
- Your 1kg of nuts could include: Brazil nuts, pecans, cashews, pecans, hazelnuts, almonds, and walnuts
- Your 1kg of seeds could include: chia, poppy, flax, sunflower, and pepitas.
- The lower the temperature of the oven, the more nutrients the ingredients will retain, so if you’ve got time go for 80 degrees for six hours.
- Could add vanilla if desired
Health and Lifestyle Notes:
- Grain Free
- Gluten Free
- Refined Sugar Free
- Sugar Free – Low Fructose
- Dairy Free
- Nut Free
- Paleo Friendly
- Ketogenic Friendly
- BulletProof Friendly, if all nuts are free of mould
Ingredients: 4 Spicy Italian Sausages Packet of Farfalle Pasta 1 Leek 1 Carrot 1 Onion 2 Garlic 2 cups Shredded Cabbage 1 Chopped Silver Beet 1 400gm Tinned Beans 1 tsp Cumin powder 1 tsp Coriander powder 1tsp Paprika powder 2 tbsp Tomato Paste Stock of your choice...
This recipe is brought to you by our friends at Asian InspirationsIngredients:Serves: 8 Prep Time: 10 mins Cook Time: 15 mins Main Ingredients: 1 packet rice paper 150g rice vermicelli noodles 1 bunch coriander 1 bunch Thai basil 1 bunch mint 1 bunch garlic chives 1⁄4...
Ingredients: 2 puff pastry sheets 2 Tbsp vegemite 2 cups cheddar cheese grated Method: Spread vegemite over pastry sheets and top with cheese. Lightly roll each pastry up into a log and cut each log into 8 slices. Place 4 slices (sliced side up) in each Sunbeam Pie...
Ingredients: Chicken Thigh mince 1 egg Bread soaked in milk Grated parmesan Chopped parsely Spaghetti Breadcrumbs Salt & Pepper Sauce Celery Carrot Onion Olive oil Bay lead 2 tins of whole or chopped tomatoes Method: In a mixing bowl add in your chicken thigh...
Ingredients: 1 cup vegetable oil 1 cinnamon stick 3 star anise 2 tbs schizuan peppercorns 2 bay leaves 1/4 cup crushed red chilli/pepper flakes Method: In a small pot, heat the oil with the all the spices, bar the chilli flakes, on a low to medium heat for about 20...
Ingredients: 500g of kingfish or snapper fillets, skin off Juice from 6 limes 1 ripped mango 1 medium Lebanese cucumber 1/4 red onion Juice from 1 orange 1 jalapeño chilli 1 small yellow capsicum 10 mint leaves Salt and pepper to taste 200g corn tortillas chips...