Game-Changing GranolaElena Duggan
- 1kg Mixed raw nuts and seeds, your favourites
- 50g Coconut Oil
- 50g Raw cacao powder
- 5g Pink salt
- 100g Coconut, shaved
- 100g Dried blueberries or goji berries
- 15-25g Cinnamon, ground (to taste)
- 25g Stevia, powdered
- You could use buckwheat if you’re not adverse or sensitive to make up some of the 1kg.
- You could add vanilla or other spices.
- You could use macadamia and lemon myrtle for an Aussie twist.
- You don’t have to use any sweetener if you are trying to stay away from it, or minimal of the lesser offensive ones like Rice Malt Syrup, Honey, Maple Syrup – you can even leave out the dried fruit if it’s a concern.
- If you’re not a fan of coconut, don’t include it – use olive oil, grapeseed oil or butter even if you prefer.
- In a single layer, this granola could be prepared in a dehydrator if you have one.
- Instead of a food processor, ingredients can be roughly diced or smashed with a rolling pin.
- Preheat oven to 100° Celsius.
- Mix all dry ingredients together in a large heavy based oven tray or baking dish.
- Stir through the coconut oil, ensuring all ingredients are coated and have a slightly wet sheen.
- Bake in the oven at 80-100° Celsius for 4-6hours, occasionally turning over – especially if your oven has any hot spots.
- Allow cooling for an hour or more.
- Blitz in food processor in batches to desired texture and consistency.
- Place in airtight jars. Serve with your favourite milk, yoghurt or non-dairy alternative.
- Your 1kg of nuts could include: Brazil nuts, pecans, cashews, pecans, hazelnuts, almonds, and walnuts
- Your 1kg of seeds could include: chia, poppy, flax, sunflower, and pepitas.
- The lower the temperature of the oven, the more nutrients the ingredients will retain, so if you’ve got time go for 80 degrees for six hours.
- Could add vanilla if desired
Health and Lifestyle Notes:
- Grain Free
- Gluten Free
- Refined Sugar Free
- Sugar Free – Low Fructose
- Dairy Free
- Nut Free
- Paleo Friendly
- Ketogenic Friendly
- BulletProof Friendly, if all nuts are free of mould
Ingredients: Serves 4 12 eggs, best quality you can afford 150ml sparkling water 2 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan Sea salt and freshly cracked pepper 20g butter 4 thick slices of sourdough, toasted/charred Method: Mix together the eggs, sparkling water, parmesan...
Ingredients: Serves 4 500gm field mushroom finely chopped 2 cups green olives 1/4 bunch mint 1/4 bunch flat-leaf parsley 100gm ricotta cheese fresh Lemon juice and zest 1 clove of garlic 2 fresh red chillies Olive oil 1-cup thick cream 100gm Parmesan cheese Method: In...
Ingredients: Serves 2 Salad 1/8 Australian Kent pumpkin, skin on 1 tsp Australian extra virgin olive oil Pinch sea salt Cracked black pepper 4 Australian Jerusalem artichokes Handful Australian green beans 4 Australian prunes ¼ cup Australian pecans 2 tbsp goats...
Ingredients: 1.5kg Pork belly strips or ribs Marinade 5 tbsp ABC Sweet Soy Sauce (Kecap Manis) 1 Lime (zested & juiced) 1 Red chilli (chopped) 20g Palm sugar 1 tsp Yeo’s Pure Sesame oil 2 tsp Lemongrass (finely chopped) 1 tbsp Oil Method: Blend all the marinade...
Ingredients: 1kg of chuck, flank, shin or brisket trimmed and cut into 3cm cubes 2 clove of garlic 1 small bunch of thyme 1 tspn of black peppercorns 500ml Guinness or dark ale 8 shallots peeled 1 tbsp vegemite 500gm bought puff pastry 100gm Stilton blue cheese or...
Ingredients: 4-6 streaky pork belly cutlets, skin removed, cutlets cut into strips 5 cm thick Marinade 2 onions, finely chopped 10 garlic cloves, crushed 2 cm piece fresh ginger, finely chopped 250 ml (1 cup) kochujang (Korean chilli paste) 4 tablespoons sugar 2...