Game-Changing GranolaElena Duggan
- 1kg Mixed raw nuts and seeds, your favourites
- 50g Coconut Oil
- 50g Raw cacao powder
- 5g Pink salt
- 100g Coconut, shaved
- 100g Dried blueberries or goji berries
- 15-25g Cinnamon, ground (to taste)
- 25g Stevia, powdered
- You could use buckwheat if you’re not adverse or sensitive to make up some of the 1kg.
- You could add vanilla or other spices.
- You could use macadamia and lemon myrtle for an Aussie twist.
- You don’t have to use any sweetener if you are trying to stay away from it, or minimal of the lesser offensive ones like Rice Malt Syrup, Honey, Maple Syrup – you can even leave out the dried fruit if it’s a concern.
- If you’re not a fan of coconut, don’t include it – use olive oil, grapeseed oil or butter even if you prefer.
- In a single layer, this granola could be prepared in a dehydrator if you have one.
- Instead of a food processor, ingredients can be roughly diced or smashed with a rolling pin.
- Preheat oven to 100° Celsius.
- Mix all dry ingredients together in a large heavy based oven tray or baking dish.
- Stir through the coconut oil, ensuring all ingredients are coated and have a slightly wet sheen.
- Bake in the oven at 80-100° Celsius for 4-6hours, occasionally turning over – especially if your oven has any hot spots.
- Allow cooling for an hour or more.
- Blitz in food processor in batches to desired texture and consistency.
- Place in airtight jars. Serve with your favourite milk, yoghurt or non-dairy alternative.
- Your 1kg of nuts could include: Brazil nuts, pecans, cashews, pecans, hazelnuts, almonds, and walnuts
- Your 1kg of seeds could include: chia, poppy, flax, sunflower, and pepitas.
- The lower the temperature of the oven, the more nutrients the ingredients will retain, so if you’ve got time go for 80 degrees for six hours.
- Could add vanilla if desired
Health and Lifestyle Notes:
- Grain Free
- Gluten Free
- Refined Sugar Free
- Sugar Free – Low Fructose
- Dairy Free
- Nut Free
- Paleo Friendly
- Ketogenic Friendly
- BulletProof Friendly, if all nuts are free of mould
Ingredients: Pumpkin Seed Hummus 300g pepita seeds soaked in water 30g garlic 120ml lemon juice 120gm tahini 250ml water 250g evo Tahini Green Goddess Dressing 3 cloves garlic peeled Juice of 1 lemon 60mls Salt 100g tahini 250ml EVO 1 cup of water 1 tablespoon caper 1...
Ingredients: 1 x Laucke Brioche Mix Sliced jalapeno chilli pickled 600g chicken tenders sunflower oil for frying Kewpee sesame dressing Pineapple Iceberg lettuce ½ cup butter milk / yoghurt Crumb 1 ½ cup chickpea flour 1 tsp onion powder ¼ tsp cayenne pepper ¼ tsp...
Ingredients: Dineamic Sweet Potato and Coconut Curry Cauliflower rice Roti bread Yoghurt Mint Method: Place the pouch in a pot of simmering water for 10 minutes. Cauliflower rice is super easy to make if you have a food processor. Chop the floret of cauliflower and...
Ingredients: 1-2 Safcol tins smoked trout 1 tub full fat cream cheese 1 tbsp dill chopped finely chopped 1 tbsp finely chopped red onion or banana shallot 1tbsp baby capers Juice of 1 lemon Salt Pepper To serve Cucumber sticks Carrot sticks Celery sticks And or...
Ingredients: Harissa 250g Long fresh red chillies 3 heaped tsp. coarsely ground caraway seeds 3 heaped tsp. coarsely ground cumin seeds 1 level tsp. ground black cumin seeds (optional) 4 garlic cloves 100g piquillo peppers, or 1 large red bell pepper, roasted, peeled...
Ingredients: Serves 2-3 2 tbsp Valcom Red Curry Paste 3 tbsp TCC Premium Coconut Milk 1 tbsp sugar 1 tsp Squid Brand Fish Sauce 400g chicken breast 1 cup salad leaves For dipping sauce: 2 tbsp tamarind paste 1 1⁄2 tbsp Squid Brand Fish Sauce 1 1⁄2 tbsp sugar 2 tbsp...