Game-Changing GranolaElena Duggan
- 1kg Mixed raw nuts and seeds, your favourites
- 50g Coconut Oil
- 50g Raw cacao powder
- 5g Pink salt
- 100g Coconut, shaved
- 100g Dried blueberries or goji berries
- 15-25g Cinnamon, ground (to taste)
- 25g Stevia, powdered
- You could use buckwheat if you’re not adverse or sensitive to make up some of the 1kg.
- You could add vanilla or other spices.
- You could use macadamia and lemon myrtle for an Aussie twist.
- You don’t have to use any sweetener if you are trying to stay away from it, or minimal of the lesser offensive ones like Rice Malt Syrup, Honey, Maple Syrup – you can even leave out the dried fruit if it’s a concern.
- If you’re not a fan of coconut, don’t include it – use olive oil, grapeseed oil or butter even if you prefer.
- In a single layer, this granola could be prepared in a dehydrator if you have one.
- Instead of a food processor, ingredients can be roughly diced or smashed with a rolling pin.
- Preheat oven to 100° Celsius.
- Mix all dry ingredients together in a large heavy based oven tray or baking dish.
- Stir through the coconut oil, ensuring all ingredients are coated and have a slightly wet sheen.
- Bake in the oven at 80-100° Celsius for 4-6hours, occasionally turning over – especially if your oven has any hot spots.
- Allow cooling for an hour or more.
- Blitz in food processor in batches to desired texture and consistency.
- Place in airtight jars. Serve with your favourite milk, yoghurt or non-dairy alternative.
- Your 1kg of nuts could include: Brazil nuts, pecans, cashews, pecans, hazelnuts, almonds, and walnuts
- Your 1kg of seeds could include: chia, poppy, flax, sunflower, and pepitas.
- The lower the temperature of the oven, the more nutrients the ingredients will retain, so if you’ve got time go for 80 degrees for six hours.
- Could add vanilla if desired
Health and Lifestyle Notes:
- Grain Free
- Gluten Free
- Refined Sugar Free
- Sugar Free – Low Fructose
- Dairy Free
- Nut Free
- Paleo Friendly
- Ketogenic Friendly
- BulletProof Friendly, if all nuts are free of mould
Ingredients: Hard Cheese Soft Cheese Blue Cheese 1 baguette A bunch of Green Grapes Honeycomb Salami (sliced) Smoked Salmon Dip Artisan Crackers Beetroot dip Poppy Seed Skordalia Dip Dukkah Stuffed Bell Peppers Marinated Olives (pitted) Method: There are no rules or...
Ingredients: 700g sprouts (500g trimmed whole, 200g thinly sliced) 3 garlic cloves, crushed 100g kale, thinly shredded 1 red onion, thinly sliced 150ml olive oil 3 lemons, juiced 2 anchovies in oil, chopped 2 tbsp wholegrain mustard 80g hazelnuts, toasted and...
Ingredients: 1 tbsp sea salt flakes 1 tbsp cracked black pepper 8 cleaned squid tubes, thinly sliced Vegetable oil, for deep-frying 1 cup self-raising flour ½ cup mayonnaise Lemon wedges, to serve Method: Place the salt and pepper in a large bowl and mix to combine....
Serves 4 Ingredients: 2 sheets frozen puff pastry, thawed and halved 500g fresh ricotta 8 slices prosciutto 2 tbsp white balsamic vinegar 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil Sea salt and cracked black pepper 6 zucchini flowers, halved and stamens removed, or 1 zucchini,...
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Perfection Fresh Ingredients: 500g orecchiette pasta Table salt for pasta water 2 heads broccolini, cut into small pieces, use stalk as well 4 birds eye chilli, sliced finely 5 cloves garlic, chopped 4...
Ingredients: ½ of a Wombok Cabbage (Shredded ) 3 Carrots (2 grated & 1 julienned) Daikon (julienned) - optional 3 eggs 1 cup of Corn Flour Spring Onions (Chopped) Mint Black & White Sesame Seeds Caster Sugar White Vinegar Kewpie Hoisin Chilli - optional Fried...