Gourmet Tomato and Buratta Salad with Homemade Balsamic ReductionMatt Sinclair
- 4 Heirloom tomatoes (assorted colours), thickly sliced
- 1-2 balls burrata
- ½ red onion, thinly sliced
- 20 basil leaves
- 1-2 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Sea salt
- Cracked Pepper
- 1 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- ½ tsp sea salt
- Add the balsamic, sugar and salt to a small saucepan over a medium heat. Mix until the sugar and salt has dissolved. Bring to a light boil before reducing the heat to low and simmer, stirring occasionally for 10-15 minutes or until the liquid has dissolved by half and the liquid coats the back of a spoon. Remove and set aside to cool before using. **note: the reduction will thicken slightly once cooled.
- To serve, scatter the sliced tomatoes across a share platter, followed by the red onion and then the basil leaves. Place the whole burrata ball/s in the centre, drizzle everything with olive oil and season well with sea salt and cracked pepper. Finally, drizzle over about 1-2 Tbsp of balsamic reduction, or to taste and garnish with the basil leaves. Serve on its own or with crusty bread.
- Store remaining balsamic reduction in a clean jar in the fridge for up to 1 month.
Our friends at Wine Selectors suggest pairing this dish with a Rose.
Ingredients: Serves: 2-4 2 x 250g T-bone or Rump steak Sea salt 2 Tbsp Olive oil 2 Tbsp Butter 1 brown onion, diced 2-3 cloves garlic, finely chopped 1 tsp dried chilli flakes 2 tsp dried mixed herbs 40 ‘twists’ cracked black pepper 2 chicken stock cubes, crumbled 2-3...
Ingredients: Crown Pumpkin (or similar) Pumpkin Puree: 250g Pumpkin seeds 100g Miso 500g Spanish Onion 100g Butter Method: Pumpkin Puree: Roast pumpkin seeds at 200 degrees until golden Sweat down onions in butter until nice and golden Once all cooked blitz together...
Ingredients: 1kg pork mince 1 brown onion, finely diced 2 cloves garlic, finely diced 1 cup grated parmigiano cheese 1 egg 1/2 cup fresh breadcrumbs Plain flour, for dusting White Wine Sauce: 2 cups white wine 1 bunch sage leaves 2 sprigs of rosemary 2 bay leaves 6...
Ingredients: Serves: 4-6 500g beef mince 3 lemongrass stalks, white part only, grated 3 spring onions, white and green separated, each finely chopped 1 large clove garlic, grated ½ cup chopped coriander (stems included) 1 Tbsp fish sauce 1 Tbsp caster sugar 1 tsp salt...
Ingredients: Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Wine Selectors Serves: 4 Four quails 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and finely chopped 6-8 leaves of sage, finely chopped Sea salt and cracked pepper 8 strips smoky pancetta Olive oil Lemon halves for...
Ingredients: Serves: 4 2 tablespoon olive oil 3 garlic cloves, crushed 500g chicken breast, whole 1 brown onion, finely diced 1 cup dry white wine 1 cup cream 2 tablespoons tarragon, coarsely chopped 1 teaspoon cornflour serve with steamed rice and blanched broccolini...