Gourmet Tomato and Buratta Salad with Homemade Balsamic ReductionMatt Sinclair
- 4 Heirloom tomatoes (assorted colours), thickly sliced
- 1-2 balls burrata
- ½ red onion, thinly sliced
- 20 basil leaves
- 1-2 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Sea salt
- Cracked Pepper
- 1 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- ½ tsp sea salt
- Add the balsamic, sugar and salt to a small saucepan over a medium heat. Mix until the sugar and salt has dissolved. Bring to a light boil before reducing the heat to low and simmer, stirring occasionally for 10-15 minutes or until the liquid has dissolved by half and the liquid coats the back of a spoon. Remove and set aside to cool before using. **note: the reduction will thicken slightly once cooled.
- To serve, scatter the sliced tomatoes across a share platter, followed by the red onion and then the basil leaves. Place the whole burrata ball/s in the centre, drizzle everything with olive oil and season well with sea salt and cracked pepper. Finally, drizzle over about 1-2 Tbsp of balsamic reduction, or to taste and garnish with the basil leaves. Serve on its own or with crusty bread.
- Store remaining balsamic reduction in a clean jar in the fridge for up to 1 month.
Our friends at Wine Selectors suggest pairing this dish with a Rose.
Ingredients: 2 heads broccoli 1 large leek, halved lengthwise, rinsed 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil 1 head garlic, unpeeled 4 cups (1L) chicken or vegetable stock 120g baby spinach leaves 125g sour cream, plus extra to serve Chilli flakes & herbs, such as basil,...
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Asian Inspirations Ingredients: 2 pieces Shimeji mushroom (thinly sliced) 2 pieces Red capsicum (thinly sliced) 2 pieces Zucchini (thinly sliced) 2 pieces Eggplant (thinly sliced) 2 pieces Sweet potato...
Ingredients: 30ml Vegetable oil 1 tin of chopped tomatoes 3 small red onions, 1 sliced, 2 roughly chopped 1 Red Scotch bonnet, finely chopped 100g Tomato paste 2 Tsp curry powder 1 Tsp Thyme, Fresh preferably but dried will also work 2 Bay leaves 1lt Chicken...
Ingredients:For pastry: 225g Plain Flour 100g Butter, unsalted (Make sure it’s really cold!) 4 Tbsp water, chilled For Filling: 250ml Cream 2 Large Eggs 200g Gaunchalie (or bacon) 1 Brown Onion, diced 100g Heritage baby tomatoes (halved) 125g Gruyère cheese 50g...
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Ocean Spray Ingredients: 400g Venison Loin 1 Carrot chopped 1 Brown onion, diced 1 Bay Leaf 2 Sprigs Rosemary 1 Bulb Garlic 1 Glass Red wine 1 Tbsp Tomato paste 700ml Beef Stock 100g Dark chocolate ...
Ingredients: 100g self raising flour 1 egg 3 tbs sour cream 2 tins corn ½ bunch coriander 1 bunch spring onions 2 avocados 1 shallot 1 long red chilli 2 limes Method: n a mixing bowl, combine your egg, the tinned corn, ½ a shallot, sour cream and flour together,...