Huevos RancherosBen O'Donoghue
- 4 yellow squash
- 2 medium green zucchini
- 2 cloves garlic
- ½ red onion finely diced
- 1 can chopped tinned tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- 2-3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1-2 plum chipotle chillies in adobo
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- 1 teaspoon dried greek oregano
- ¼ cup chopped coriander
- 3-4 whole eggs
- Salt pepper
- Cut the squash and zucchini in to even but slightly different shapes as you like
- In a casserole dish or something similar heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Add the finely diced red onion and salt, sauté without colour until soft and translucent.
- Then add the chopped garlic and ground spices. Cook until the spices become aromatic. Then add the cut vegetables and mix thoroughly to coat with the spices and onions. Then add the chopped chillies and the tinned tomatoes.
- Cook with the lid on for 15-20 minutes until the veg is tender, checking from time to time to stir and ensure it’s not too dry. Add a little water if needed.
- Once the veg is tender add the oregano and eggs and cook covered for a further 4-5 minutes until the eggs are just set and the yolks are still soft.
- Season again and add the sour cream and chopped coriander and a drizzle of olive oil
- Serve with toasted sourdough or fresh, whichever you prefer
Ingredients: Serves: 2-4 2 x 250g T-bone or Rump steak Sea salt 2 Tbsp Olive oil 2 Tbsp Butter 1 brown onion, diced 2-3 cloves garlic, finely chopped 1 tsp dried chilli flakes 2 tsp dried mixed herbs 40 ‘twists’ cracked black pepper 2 chicken stock cubes, crumbled 2-3...
Ingredients: Crown Pumpkin (or similar) Pumpkin Puree: 250g Pumpkin seeds 100g Miso 500g Spanish Onion 100g Butter Method: Pumpkin Puree: Roast pumpkin seeds at 200 degrees until golden Sweat down onions in butter until nice and golden Once all cooked blitz together...
Ingredients: 1kg pork mince 1 brown onion, finely diced 2 cloves garlic, finely diced 1 cup grated parmigiano cheese 1 egg 1/2 cup fresh breadcrumbs Plain flour, for dusting White Wine Sauce: 2 cups white wine 1 bunch sage leaves 2 sprigs of rosemary 2 bay leaves 6...
Ingredients: Serves: 4-6 500g beef mince 3 lemongrass stalks, white part only, grated 3 spring onions, white and green separated, each finely chopped 1 large clove garlic, grated ½ cup chopped coriander (stems included) 1 Tbsp fish sauce 1 Tbsp caster sugar 1 tsp salt...
Ingredients: Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Wine Selectors Serves: 4 Four quails 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and finely chopped 6-8 leaves of sage, finely chopped Sea salt and cracked pepper 8 strips smoky pancetta Olive oil Lemon halves for...
Ingredients: Serves: 4 2 tablespoon olive oil 3 garlic cloves, crushed 500g chicken breast, whole 1 brown onion, finely diced 1 cup dry white wine 1 cup cream 2 tablespoons tarragon, coarsely chopped 1 teaspoon cornflour serve with steamed rice and blanched broccolini...