Huevos RancherosBen O'Donoghue
- 4 yellow squash
- 2 medium green zucchini
- 2 cloves garlic
- ½ red onion finely diced
- 1 can chopped tinned tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- 2-3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1-2 plum chipotle chillies in adobo
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- 1 teaspoon dried greek oregano
- ¼ cup chopped coriander
- 3-4 whole eggs
- Salt pepper
- Cut the squash and zucchini in to even but slightly different shapes as you like
- In a casserole dish or something similar heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Add the finely diced red onion and salt, sauté without colour until soft and translucent.
- Then add the chopped garlic and ground spices. Cook until the spices become aromatic. Then add the cut vegetables and mix thoroughly to coat with the spices and onions. Then add the chopped chillies and the tinned tomatoes.
- Cook with the lid on for 15-20 minutes until the veg is tender, checking from time to time to stir and ensure it’s not too dry. Add a little water if needed.
- Once the veg is tender add the oregano and eggs and cook covered for a further 4-5 minutes until the eggs are just set and the yolks are still soft.
- Season again and add the sour cream and chopped coriander and a drizzle of olive oil
- Serve with toasted sourdough or fresh, whichever you prefer
Ingredients: 4 Spicy Italian Sausages Packet of Farfalle Pasta 1 Leek 1 Carrot 1 Onion 2 Garlic 2 cups Shredded Cabbage 1 Chopped Silver Beet 1 400gm Tinned Beans 1 tsp Cumin powder 1 tsp Coriander powder 1tsp Paprika powder 2 tbsp Tomato Paste Stock of your choice...
This recipe is brought to you by our friends at Asian InspirationsIngredients:Serves: 8 Prep Time: 10 mins Cook Time: 15 mins Main Ingredients: 1 packet rice paper 150g rice vermicelli noodles 1 bunch coriander 1 bunch Thai basil 1 bunch mint 1 bunch garlic chives 1⁄4...
Ingredients: 2 puff pastry sheets 2 Tbsp vegemite 2 cups cheddar cheese grated Method: Spread vegemite over pastry sheets and top with cheese. Lightly roll each pastry up into a log and cut each log into 8 slices. Place 4 slices (sliced side up) in each Sunbeam Pie...
Ingredients: Chicken Thigh mince 1 egg Bread soaked in milk Grated parmesan Chopped parsely Spaghetti Breadcrumbs Salt & Pepper Sauce Celery Carrot Onion Olive oil Bay lead 2 tins of whole or chopped tomatoes Method: In a mixing bowl add in your chicken thigh...
Ingredients: 1 cup vegetable oil 1 cinnamon stick 3 star anise 2 tbs schizuan peppercorns 2 bay leaves 1/4 cup crushed red chilli/pepper flakes Method: In a small pot, heat the oil with the all the spices, bar the chilli flakes, on a low to medium heat for about 20...
Ingredients: 500g of kingfish or snapper fillets, skin off Juice from 6 limes 1 ripped mango 1 medium Lebanese cucumber 1/4 red onion Juice from 1 orange 1 jalapeño chilli 1 small yellow capsicum 10 mint leaves Salt and pepper to taste 200g corn tortillas chips...