Indian Spiced Omelette ToastieMatt Sinclair
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 2 spring onions, finely sliced
- 1 green chilli, finely chopped
- ½ bunch fresh coriander, roughly chopped
- ½ tsp ground turmeric
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 4 Eggs, lightly beaten
- Sea salt
- Cracked pepper
- 2 slices Tasty cheese
- 4 slices white bread
- ½ red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 Tbsp garlic aioli or sriracha mayonnaise
- Heat half the oil in a frypan over a medium heat and fry half of the garlic, spring onions and chillies for about a minute, moving constantly around the pan to avoid burning. Add half of the coriander and spices and stir constantly to combine for another minute.
- Pour half the egg into the frypan and swirl around to cover the base of the frypan evenly. Season with salt and pepper and cook for a minute or so before laying a slice of cheese in the centre of the omelette and folding the sides in to enclose the cheese.
- Once the omelette is cooked through, gently transfer to a chopping board. Return the pan to the heat and repeat with remaining ingredients.
- Toast the bread in the toaster. Place the omelette on one side of toast and top with red onion, spread the other slice of toast with your choice of mayo and sandwich together.
- Cut in half and serve hot.
Our friends at Wine Selectors suggest pairing this dish with a Prosecco.
Ingredients: Serves: 2-4 2 x 250g T-bone or Rump steak Sea salt 2 Tbsp Olive oil 2 Tbsp Butter 1 brown onion, diced 2-3 cloves garlic, finely chopped 1 tsp dried chilli flakes 2 tsp dried mixed herbs 40 ‘twists’ cracked black pepper 2 chicken stock cubes, crumbled 2-3...
Ingredients: Crown Pumpkin (or similar) Pumpkin Puree: 250g Pumpkin seeds 100g Miso 500g Spanish Onion 100g Butter Method: Pumpkin Puree: Roast pumpkin seeds at 200 degrees until golden Sweat down onions in butter until nice and golden Once all cooked blitz together...
Ingredients: 1kg pork mince 1 brown onion, finely diced 2 cloves garlic, finely diced 1 cup grated parmigiano cheese 1 egg 1/2 cup fresh breadcrumbs Plain flour, for dusting White Wine Sauce: 2 cups white wine 1 bunch sage leaves 2 sprigs of rosemary 2 bay leaves 6...
Ingredients: Serves: 4-6 500g beef mince 3 lemongrass stalks, white part only, grated 3 spring onions, white and green separated, each finely chopped 1 large clove garlic, grated ½ cup chopped coriander (stems included) 1 Tbsp fish sauce 1 Tbsp caster sugar 1 tsp salt...
Ingredients: Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Wine Selectors Serves: 4 Four quails 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and finely chopped 6-8 leaves of sage, finely chopped Sea salt and cracked pepper 8 strips smoky pancetta Olive oil Lemon halves for...
Ingredients: Serves: 4 2 tablespoon olive oil 3 garlic cloves, crushed 500g chicken breast, whole 1 brown onion, finely diced 1 cup dry white wine 1 cup cream 2 tablespoons tarragon, coarsely chopped 1 teaspoon cornflour serve with steamed rice and blanched broccolini...