Indian Spiced Omelette ToastieMatt Sinclair
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 2 spring onions, finely sliced
- 1 green chilli, finely chopped
- ½ bunch fresh coriander, roughly chopped
- ½ tsp ground turmeric
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 4 Eggs, lightly beaten
- Sea salt
- Cracked pepper
- 2 slices Tasty cheese
- 4 slices white bread
- ½ red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 Tbsp garlic aioli or sriracha mayonnaise
- Heat half the oil in a frypan over a medium heat and fry half of the garlic, spring onions and chillies for about a minute, moving constantly around the pan to avoid burning. Add half of the coriander and spices and stir constantly to combine for another minute.
- Pour half the egg into the frypan and swirl around to cover the base of the frypan evenly. Season with salt and pepper and cook for a minute or so before laying a slice of cheese in the centre of the omelette and folding the sides in to enclose the cheese.
- Once the omelette is cooked through, gently transfer to a chopping board. Return the pan to the heat and repeat with remaining ingredients.
- Toast the bread in the toaster. Place the omelette on one side of toast and top with red onion, spread the other slice of toast with your choice of mayo and sandwich together.
- Cut in half and serve hot.
Our friends at Wine Selectors suggest pairing this dish with a Prosecco.
Ingredients: 4 Spicy Italian Sausages Packet of Farfalle Pasta 1 Leek 1 Carrot 1 Onion 2 Garlic 2 cups Shredded Cabbage 1 Chopped Silver Beet 1 400gm Tinned Beans 1 tsp Cumin powder 1 tsp Coriander powder 1tsp Paprika powder 2 tbsp Tomato Paste Stock of your choice...
This recipe is brought to you by our friends at Asian InspirationsIngredients:Serves: 8 Prep Time: 10 mins Cook Time: 15 mins Main Ingredients: 1 packet rice paper 150g rice vermicelli noodles 1 bunch coriander 1 bunch Thai basil 1 bunch mint 1 bunch garlic chives 1⁄4...
Ingredients: 2 puff pastry sheets 2 Tbsp vegemite 2 cups cheddar cheese grated Method: Spread vegemite over pastry sheets and top with cheese. Lightly roll each pastry up into a log and cut each log into 8 slices. Place 4 slices (sliced side up) in each Sunbeam Pie...
Ingredients: Chicken Thigh mince 1 egg Bread soaked in milk Grated parmesan Chopped parsely Spaghetti Breadcrumbs Salt & Pepper Sauce Celery Carrot Onion Olive oil Bay lead 2 tins of whole or chopped tomatoes Method: In a mixing bowl add in your chicken thigh...
Ingredients: 1 cup vegetable oil 1 cinnamon stick 3 star anise 2 tbs schizuan peppercorns 2 bay leaves 1/4 cup crushed red chilli/pepper flakes Method: In a small pot, heat the oil with the all the spices, bar the chilli flakes, on a low to medium heat for about 20...
Ingredients: 500g of kingfish or snapper fillets, skin off Juice from 6 limes 1 ripped mango 1 medium Lebanese cucumber 1/4 red onion Juice from 1 orange 1 jalapeño chilli 1 small yellow capsicum 10 mint leaves Salt and pepper to taste 200g corn tortillas chips...