Indian Spiced Omelette ToastieMatt Sinclair
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 2 spring onions, finely sliced
- 1 green chilli, finely chopped
- ½ bunch fresh coriander, roughly chopped
- ½ tsp ground turmeric
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 4 Eggs, lightly beaten
- Sea salt
- Cracked pepper
- 2 slices Tasty cheese
- 4 slices white bread
- ½ red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 Tbsp garlic aioli or sriracha mayonnaise
- Heat half the oil in a frypan over a medium heat and fry half of the garlic, spring onions and chillies for about a minute, moving constantly around the pan to avoid burning. Add half of the coriander and spices and stir constantly to combine for another minute.
- Pour half the egg into the frypan and swirl around to cover the base of the frypan evenly. Season with salt and pepper and cook for a minute or so before laying a slice of cheese in the centre of the omelette and folding the sides in to enclose the cheese.
- Once the omelette is cooked through, gently transfer to a chopping board. Return the pan to the heat and repeat with remaining ingredients.
- Toast the bread in the toaster. Place the omelette on one side of toast and top with red onion, spread the other slice of toast with your choice of mayo and sandwich together.
- Cut in half and serve hot.
Our friends at Wine Selectors suggest pairing this dish with a Prosecco.
Ingredients: 300ml milk, plus extra 7g sachet of dried yeast 25g white caster sugar 50g shortening or lard 425g plain flour, plus extra 20g polenta, optional Unsalted butter Method: Gently warm the milk in a pan until lukewarm or body temperature, 37ºC. Add the yeast...
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Wine Selectors Ingredients: 1 medium cauliflower, leaves and stalk trimmed, cut into wedges 400g can lentils, drained and rinsed 1 small white onion, thinly sliced Juice of 1/2 lemon 1 1/2 tbsp extra virgin...
Ingredients:For Dough: 500g plain flour 190g cold unsalted butter, cut into cubes ½ tsp salt 60ml warm water 1 egg, at room temperature and whisked For Filling: 600g smoked ham, diced 200g mozzarella, diced 200g cheddar, diced 200g brown onion, diced 80g...
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Massel Ingredients: 500g gnocchi 2 potatoes, diced 1 clove of garlic, chopped 1 tsp dried chillies 1 leek, sliced 2 rosemary sprigs 100g pancetta, rind removed and diced 500ml Massel Veg Stock Method:...
Ingredients: 1 head cauliflower, cut into pieces 1 green banana chilli, sliced 1 bunch mint, picked 1 cup Indian style yoghurt Pinch of sea salt flakes ½ tsp garam masala powder ¼ tsp dry mango powder ¼ tsp fenugreek powder Vegetable oil for frying Method: Fry...
Ingredients: 500g good quality spaghettini Table salt (for pasta water) 8 birdseye chilli, sliced finely 5 cloves garlic, chopped ½ bunch flat leaf parsley, washed and chopped finely, stem and leaf 250ml olive oil Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste A...