Indonesian BBQ Beef RibsKaren Chan
- 700g beef short ribs
- 1L water
- 3 tbsp salt
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 stalk lemongrass, bruised
- 1 tsp galangal powder
- 3 cm ginger, sliced
- 2 pcs star anise
- 5 tbsp ABC Sweet Soy Sauce Kecap Manis
- 5 tbsp honey
- 3 cloves garlic, grated
- 2 tsp ginger, grated
- 1 tbsp chilli powder
- 1 tbsp Lee Kum Kee Panda Brand Oyster Sauce
- 1 tsp white pepper
- 2 tbsp tomato puree
- 1 tbsp Lee Kum Kee Premium Soy Sauce
- 3 tbsp apple cider / white wine vinegar
- In a large pot, soak ribs in brine for 2 hrs. Then, bring to a boil and simmer for 1 hr until meat is tender. Leave to cool before removing the ribs.
- Mix marinade ingredients in a large bowl. Coat each rib well with marinade.
- Cook ribs on hot griddle pan or barbeque for 5 mins on each side until the marinade caramelises, basting as you grill.
- Rest ribs for 5 mins before serving.
Ingredients: 4 Spicy Italian Sausages Packet of Farfalle Pasta 1 Leek 1 Carrot 1 Onion 2 Garlic 2 cups Shredded Cabbage 1 Chopped Silver Beet 1 400gm Tinned Beans 1 tsp Cumin powder 1 tsp Coriander powder 1tsp Paprika powder 2 tbsp Tomato Paste Stock of your choice...
This recipe is brought to you by our friends at Asian InspirationsIngredients:Serves: 8 Prep Time: 10 mins Cook Time: 15 mins Main Ingredients: 1 packet rice paper 150g rice vermicelli noodles 1 bunch coriander 1 bunch Thai basil 1 bunch mint 1 bunch garlic chives 1⁄4...
Ingredients: 2 puff pastry sheets 2 Tbsp vegemite 2 cups cheddar cheese grated Method: Spread vegemite over pastry sheets and top with cheese. Lightly roll each pastry up into a log and cut each log into 8 slices. Place 4 slices (sliced side up) in each Sunbeam Pie...
Ingredients: Chicken Thigh mince 1 egg Bread soaked in milk Grated parmesan Chopped parsely Spaghetti Breadcrumbs Salt & Pepper Sauce Celery Carrot Onion Olive oil Bay lead 2 tins of whole or chopped tomatoes Method: In a mixing bowl add in your chicken thigh...
Ingredients: 1 cup vegetable oil 1 cinnamon stick 3 star anise 2 tbs schizuan peppercorns 2 bay leaves 1/4 cup crushed red chilli/pepper flakes Method: In a small pot, heat the oil with the all the spices, bar the chilli flakes, on a low to medium heat for about 20...
Ingredients: 500g of kingfish or snapper fillets, skin off Juice from 6 limes 1 ripped mango 1 medium Lebanese cucumber 1/4 red onion Juice from 1 orange 1 jalapeño chilli 1 small yellow capsicum 10 mint leaves Salt and pepper to taste 200g corn tortillas chips...