Katsuobushi Duck Leg BaoMike Reid with Laura Sharrad
- 1 Confit duck leg
- 15g plain flour, seasoned with salt
- 30g beer batter
- 10g katsuobushi
- 20g pickled cucumber
- 20g fermented daikon
- 40g Hoisin sauce
- 3 Bao Buns
For the Fermented Daikon:
- 200g daikon, peeled and julienne
- 2g lime leaf, scrunched
- 10g whole garlic cloves, peeled and thinly sliced
- 18g maldon salt
For the batter:
- 230ml Hop House lager
- 130g ‘00’ pasta flour
- 3g maldon salt
- Combine the pasta flour, salt and lager to form a batter.
- Pat dry duck leg. Roll the leg in flour then dip in the beer batter. Roll in the katsuobushi and fry at 190oc until nicely browned, crispy and hot inside.
- Meanwhile, for the fermented daikon, combine the daikon, garlic, lime leaf and salt together. Proceed to mix.
- Steam the baos for 30 seconds.
- Serve with a side of pickled cucumber, fermented daikon and hoisin sauce.