Pantry PastaMatt Sinclair
- 400g pasta
- Sea salt
- 3 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 onion (any colour), diced
- 4-5 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1-2 Tbsp dried chilli flakes
- 1-2 Tbsp fennel seeds
- 100gm pitted green olives (jarred), chopped
- 50gm pickled zucchini, roughly chopped
- Cracked pepper
- Fresh lemon
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil and cook pasta as per packet instructions. Drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a frypan over a medium heat. Sauté the onions for 3-4 minutes until softened.
- Add in the garlic, chilli and fennel seeds, season with salt and pepper and cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Add the olives and zucchini and toss to combine. Add the pasta to the pan and toss/mix well to coat.
- Divide into serving bowls and season with fresh lemon. Crumbled fetta or parmesan or fresh herbs can be added if you have it handy in the fridge.
This recipe is incredibly versatile. Use jarred ingredients including capers, red peppers, sun dried tomatoes etc OR canned ingredients including tuna, anchovies etc. Dried herbs including Italian herbs, Mixed herbs, oregano, parsley etc can also be used if desired.
Our friends at Wine Selectors suggest pairing this dish with a Pinot Grigio.
Picnic Cheese Board
Ingredients: Hard Cheese Soft Cheese Blue Cheese 1 baguette A bunch of Green Grapes Honeycomb Salami (sliced) Smoked Salmon Dip Artisan Crackers Beetroot dip Poppy Seed Skordalia Dip Dukkah Stuffed Bell Peppers Marinated Olives (pitted) Method: There are no rules or...
Roasted Brussel Sprout Salad
Ingredients: 700g sprouts (500g trimmed whole, 200g thinly sliced) 3 garlic cloves, crushed 100g kale, thinly shredded 1 red onion, thinly sliced 150ml olive oil 3 lemons, juiced 2 anchovies in oil, chopped 2 tbsp wholegrain mustard 80g hazelnuts, toasted and...
Salt & Pepper Squid Cones
Ingredients: 1 tbsp sea salt flakes 1 tbsp cracked black pepper 8 cleaned squid tubes, thinly sliced Vegetable oil, for deep-frying 1 cup self-raising flour ½ cup mayonnaise Lemon wedges, to serve Method: Place the salt and pepper in a large bowl and mix to combine....
Zucchini Flower & Ricotta Tart
Serves 4 Ingredients: 2 sheets frozen puff pastry, thawed and halved 500g fresh ricotta 8 slices prosciutto 2 tbsp white balsamic vinegar 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil Sea salt and cracked black pepper 6 zucchini flowers, halved and stamens removed, or 1 zucchini,...
Orecchiette with Broccolini
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Perfection Fresh Ingredients: 500g orecchiette pasta Table salt for pasta water 2 heads broccolini, cut into small pieces, use stalk as well 4 birds eye chilli, sliced finely 5 cloves garlic, chopped 4...
Okonomiyaki (Japanese Pancake)
Ingredients: ½ of a Wombok Cabbage (Shredded ) 3 Carrots (2 grated & 1 julienned) Daikon (julienned) - optional 3 eggs 1 cup of Corn Flour Spring Onions (Chopped) Mint Black & White Sesame Seeds Caster Sugar White Vinegar Kewpie Hoisin Chilli - optional Fried...