Pantry PastaMatt Sinclair
- 400g pasta
- Sea salt
- 3 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 onion (any colour), diced
- 4-5 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1-2 Tbsp dried chilli flakes
- 1-2 Tbsp fennel seeds
- 100gm pitted green olives (jarred), chopped
- 50gm pickled zucchini, roughly chopped
- Cracked pepper
- Fresh lemon
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil and cook pasta as per packet instructions. Drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a frypan over a medium heat. Sauté the onions for 3-4 minutes until softened.
- Add in the garlic, chilli and fennel seeds, season with salt and pepper and cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Add the olives and zucchini and toss to combine. Add the pasta to the pan and toss/mix well to coat.
- Divide into serving bowls and season with fresh lemon. Crumbled fetta or parmesan or fresh herbs can be added if you have it handy in the fridge.
This recipe is incredibly versatile. Use jarred ingredients including capers, red peppers, sun dried tomatoes etc OR canned ingredients including tuna, anchovies etc. Dried herbs including Italian herbs, Mixed herbs, oregano, parsley etc can also be used if desired.
Our friends at Wine Selectors suggest pairing this dish with a Pinot Grigio.
Ingredients: 2 heads broccoli 1 large leek, halved lengthwise, rinsed 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil 1 head garlic, unpeeled 4 cups (1L) chicken or vegetable stock 120g baby spinach leaves 125g sour cream, plus extra to serve Chilli flakes & herbs, such as basil,...
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Asian Inspirations Ingredients: 2 pieces Shimeji mushroom (thinly sliced) 2 pieces Red capsicum (thinly sliced) 2 pieces Zucchini (thinly sliced) 2 pieces Eggplant (thinly sliced) 2 pieces Sweet potato...
Ingredients: 30ml Vegetable oil 1 tin of chopped tomatoes 3 small red onions, 1 sliced, 2 roughly chopped 1 Red Scotch bonnet, finely chopped 100g Tomato paste 2 Tsp curry powder 1 Tsp Thyme, Fresh preferably but dried will also work 2 Bay leaves 1lt Chicken...
Ingredients:For pastry: 225g Plain Flour 100g Butter, unsalted (Make sure it’s really cold!) 4 Tbsp water, chilled For Filling: 250ml Cream 2 Large Eggs 200g Gaunchalie (or bacon) 1 Brown Onion, diced 100g Heritage baby tomatoes (halved) 125g Gruyère cheese 50g...
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Ocean Spray Ingredients: 400g Venison Loin 1 Carrot chopped 1 Brown onion, diced 1 Bay Leaf 2 Sprigs Rosemary 1 Bulb Garlic 1 Glass Red wine 1 Tbsp Tomato paste 700ml Beef Stock 100g Dark chocolate ...
Ingredients: 100g self raising flour 1 egg 3 tbs sour cream 2 tins corn ½ bunch coriander 1 bunch spring onions 2 avocados 1 shallot 1 long red chilli 2 limes Method: n a mixing bowl, combine your egg, the tinned corn, ½ a shallot, sour cream and flour together,...