Pea and Ham SoupMatt Sinclair
- 1 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 large brown onions, finely chopped
- 3 large carrots, finely diced
- 1 litre salt reduced chicken stock
- 2.5 cups split green peas (soak the night before to reduce cooking time)
- 1 smoked ham hock
- Salt and pepper
- 150g Greek feta
- ½ bunch dill, roughly chopped
- Heat the oil in a large pot over a medium heat. Add the onion and carrot and cook, stirring often until onions are translucent, approximately 6-8 minutes.
- Deglaze with the chicken stock, add in the split peas and ham hock and mix to combine. Add enough water to just cover the ingredients, increase the heat to medium-high and bring to a light boil.
- Reduce the heat to low, cover and simmer for approximately 2.5-3 hours, until sauce has thickened, and hock meat pulls away from the bone.
- Carefully remove the bone and flake the hock meat into the soup. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve with some crumbled feta on top and garnish with chopped dill.
Our friends at Wine Selectors suggest pairing this dish with a Sauvignon Blanc.
Ingredients: 500g fresh broad beans, in their pods 3–4 small fennel bulbs 250g frozen peas, thawed and rinsed 1 red onion, finely sliced 1 cup dill, finely chopped 1⁄2 bunch mint, finely chopped, plus extra whole leaves to garnish 1⁄2 bunch flat-leaf parsley, finely...
Ingredients: Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Let's Go Motorhomes Romesco Sauce: 4 large red peppers 2 garlic cloves 150g ground almonds 100g sun-dried tomatoes in oil 100ml extra virgin olive oil 20ml apple cider vinegar 1 tbsp smoked paprika 1...
Ingredients: Serves: 2-4 1 cup Vegetable oil 4 eggs 3 lap cheong sausages, thinly sliced 2 Tbsp XO Sauce 100gm cherry tomatoes, halved ½ red onion, thinly sliced 1 green chilli, thinly sliced ½ cup coriander, roughly chopped Method: Heat oil in a wok over a...
Ingredients: ½ cup dried scallops ½ cup dried shrimp 300ml Shaoxing wine 6 long red chillies, roughly chopped 2 inch piece ginger, peeled, roughly chopped 1 head garlic (10-12 cloves), peeled, roughly chopped 2 large red shallots, roughly chopped 1 large rasher bacon,...
Ingredients: Filling: 1 bunch silverbeet, chopped finely 500g ricotta 1 egg 50g grated parmigiano cheese Sea salt Freshly cracked black pepper 1/3 nutmeg grated Sugo: 2 x 400g tins chopped tomatoes 1 brown onion, finely diced 1 garlic clove, finely chopped 1 long red...
Ingredients: 100g butter 200g finely grated pecorino cheese Salt Black pepper, freshly ground Pasta Dough: 100g semolina flour 100g plain flour 80ml - 100ml water Pinch of salt Method: Make the pasta dough and allow it to rest for 20 minutes. Cut the dough into long...