Pea and Ham SoupMatt Sinclair
- 1 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 large brown onions, finely chopped
- 3 large carrots, finely diced
- 1 litre salt reduced chicken stock
- 2.5 cups split green peas (soak the night before to reduce cooking time)
- 1 smoked ham hock
- Salt and pepper
- 150g Greek feta
- ½ bunch dill, roughly chopped
- Heat the oil in a large pot over a medium heat. Add the onion and carrot and cook, stirring often until onions are translucent, approximately 6-8 minutes.
- Deglaze with the chicken stock, add in the split peas and ham hock and mix to combine. Add enough water to just cover the ingredients, increase the heat to medium-high and bring to a light boil.
- Reduce the heat to low, cover and simmer for approximately 2.5-3 hours, until sauce has thickened, and hock meat pulls away from the bone.
- Carefully remove the bone and flake the hock meat into the soup. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve with some crumbled feta on top and garnish with chopped dill.
Our friends at Wine Selectors suggest pairing this dish with a Sauvignon Blanc.
Ingredients: Serves: 2-4 2 x 250g T-bone or Rump steak Sea salt 2 Tbsp Olive oil 2 Tbsp Butter 1 brown onion, diced 2-3 cloves garlic, finely chopped 1 tsp dried chilli flakes 2 tsp dried mixed herbs 40 ‘twists’ cracked black pepper 2 chicken stock cubes, crumbled 2-3...
Ingredients: Crown Pumpkin (or similar) Pumpkin Puree: 250g Pumpkin seeds 100g Miso 500g Spanish Onion 100g Butter Method: Pumpkin Puree: Roast pumpkin seeds at 200 degrees until golden Sweat down onions in butter until nice and golden Once all cooked blitz together...
Ingredients: 1kg pork mince 1 brown onion, finely diced 2 cloves garlic, finely diced 1 cup grated parmigiano cheese 1 egg 1/2 cup fresh breadcrumbs Plain flour, for dusting White Wine Sauce: 2 cups white wine 1 bunch sage leaves 2 sprigs of rosemary 2 bay leaves 6...
Ingredients: Serves: 4-6 500g beef mince 3 lemongrass stalks, white part only, grated 3 spring onions, white and green separated, each finely chopped 1 large clove garlic, grated ½ cup chopped coriander (stems included) 1 Tbsp fish sauce 1 Tbsp caster sugar 1 tsp salt...
Ingredients: Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Wine Selectors Serves: 4 Four quails 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and finely chopped 6-8 leaves of sage, finely chopped Sea salt and cracked pepper 8 strips smoky pancetta Olive oil Lemon halves for...
Ingredients: Serves: 4 2 tablespoon olive oil 3 garlic cloves, crushed 500g chicken breast, whole 1 brown onion, finely diced 1 cup dry white wine 1 cup cream 2 tablespoons tarragon, coarsely chopped 1 teaspoon cornflour serve with steamed rice and blanched broccolini...