Pea and Ham SoupMatt Sinclair
- 1 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 large brown onions, finely chopped
- 3 large carrots, finely diced
- 1 litre salt reduced chicken stock
- 2.5 cups split green peas (soak the night before to reduce cooking time)
- 1 smoked ham hock
- Salt and pepper
- 150g Greek feta
- ½ bunch dill, roughly chopped
- Heat the oil in a large pot over a medium heat. Add the onion and carrot and cook, stirring often until onions are translucent, approximately 6-8 minutes.
- Deglaze with the chicken stock, add in the split peas and ham hock and mix to combine. Add enough water to just cover the ingredients, increase the heat to medium-high and bring to a light boil.
- Reduce the heat to low, cover and simmer for approximately 2.5-3 hours, until sauce has thickened, and hock meat pulls away from the bone.
- Carefully remove the bone and flake the hock meat into the soup. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve with some crumbled feta on top and garnish with chopped dill.
Our friends at Wine Selectors suggest pairing this dish with a Sauvignon Blanc.
Ingredients: 4 Spicy Italian Sausages Packet of Farfalle Pasta 1 Leek 1 Carrot 1 Onion 2 Garlic 2 cups Shredded Cabbage 1 Chopped Silver Beet 1 400gm Tinned Beans 1 tsp Cumin powder 1 tsp Coriander powder 1tsp Paprika powder 2 tbsp Tomato Paste Stock of your choice...
This recipe is brought to you by our friends at Asian InspirationsIngredients:Serves: 8 Prep Time: 10 mins Cook Time: 15 mins Main Ingredients: 1 packet rice paper 150g rice vermicelli noodles 1 bunch coriander 1 bunch Thai basil 1 bunch mint 1 bunch garlic chives 1⁄4...
Ingredients: 2 puff pastry sheets 2 Tbsp vegemite 2 cups cheddar cheese grated Method: Spread vegemite over pastry sheets and top with cheese. Lightly roll each pastry up into a log and cut each log into 8 slices. Place 4 slices (sliced side up) in each Sunbeam Pie...
Ingredients: Chicken Thigh mince 1 egg Bread soaked in milk Grated parmesan Chopped parsely Spaghetti Breadcrumbs Salt & Pepper Sauce Celery Carrot Onion Olive oil Bay lead 2 tins of whole or chopped tomatoes Method: In a mixing bowl add in your chicken thigh...
Ingredients: 1 cup vegetable oil 1 cinnamon stick 3 star anise 2 tbs schizuan peppercorns 2 bay leaves 1/4 cup crushed red chilli/pepper flakes Method: In a small pot, heat the oil with the all the spices, bar the chilli flakes, on a low to medium heat for about 20...
Ingredients: 500g of kingfish or snapper fillets, skin off Juice from 6 limes 1 ripped mango 1 medium Lebanese cucumber 1/4 red onion Juice from 1 orange 1 jalapeño chilli 1 small yellow capsicum 10 mint leaves Salt and pepper to taste 200g corn tortillas chips...