Pipis in XO SauceElena Duggan
- 1kg Australian Pipis
- 3 spring onions, sliced finely on an angle
- 1 long red chili, finely sliced on an angle
- 3 Garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 250g Massel reduced salt chicken or vegetable stock
- XO Sauce
- Spring onions, finely sliced
- Red chilies, finely sliced
- 50g Fried shallots
- Pipis could be replaced with mussels or clams for a similar dish, or other seafood prepared appropriately.
- For the pipis, in a wok, add oil and garlic and bring up to a high heat and stir fry until fragrant or approximately 1 minute.
- Add the XO sauce and stock and stir for 1minute.
- Add the pipis, coating in the sauce thoroughly. Place lid on and reduce heat to medium high. Cook until the pipi shells are just open. Remove lid and toss through sauce again. Process could take 5-8 minutes depending on pipi size, freshness and age.
- Add the chilli, toss through. Present on a shallow serving platter and scatter spring onions all over the top. Serve as soon as possible.
- Gluten free
- Grain free (leave off corn/ corn chips)
- Nut free
- Low fructose/ sugar free
Ingredients: 100g glass noodles (bean thread vermicelli) 2 Lebanese cucumbers, thinly sliced using a vegetable peeler 4 spring onions, thinly sliced on diagonal 2 eschalots, thinly sliced 1 cup coriander sprigs 1 cup flat-leaf parsley sprigs 1-2 small red chillies,...
Ingredients: 320g semolina plus a little extra 40g greens such as spinach or Tuscan kale Extra Virgin Olive Oil Sea salt and cracked pepper Pesto 1 garlic clove, peeled 20g pine nuts 50g wild rocket 25g parmesan plus a little extra Juice of 1 lemon Method: To make the...
Ingredients: 4 duck breast 1 tablspoon brown sugar ½ tablespoon salt ¼ bunch thyme 1 tsp five spice butter garlic Sauce 1/3 cup sugar 1/3 cup fresh orange juice (from 1 to 2 oranges) segments of one orange 2 tablespoons white-wine vinegar 1/8 teaspoon salt 2 to 4...
Ingredients: Serve 4 4 thick King salmon or Atlantic salmon Vegetable oil Lime wedges Marinade 2 pinches of salt 2 teaspoons chilli powder juice of 1 lime 1 teaspoon sugar 2 teaspoons garlic paste 2 teaspoons ginger paste Crust 180g white split peas (urad dal) 1...
Ingredients: Mornay Sauce 25gm unsalted butter 25gm Laucke plain flour 1 cup full cream milk 80gm Gruyere cheese grated Salt White pepper For the Sandwich Four thick slices white bread 100gm unsalted butter 2 tsp Dijon mustard 4 slices Gruyere cheese (80gm) 200gm...
Ingredients: 500g kangaroo sirloin cut into thin strips 2 tablespoons cornflour 2 tablespoon sunflower oil for frying 2 green capsicums – cut into strips 2 bunch of broccolini – bottom end removed and cut in half 1 bunch green onions – green and whites finely chopped...