Pipis in XO SauceElena Duggan
- 1kg Australian Pipis
- 3 spring onions, sliced finely on an angle
- 1 long red chili, finely sliced on an angle
- 3 Garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 250g Massel reduced salt chicken or vegetable stock
- XO Sauce
- Spring onions, finely sliced
- Red chilies, finely sliced
- 50g Fried shallots
- Pipis could be replaced with mussels or clams for a similar dish, or other seafood prepared appropriately.
- For the pipis, in a wok, add oil and garlic and bring up to a high heat and stir fry until fragrant or approximately 1 minute.
- Add the XO sauce and stock and stir for 1minute.
- Add the pipis, coating in the sauce thoroughly. Place lid on and reduce heat to medium high. Cook until the pipi shells are just open. Remove lid and toss through sauce again. Process could take 5-8 minutes depending on pipi size, freshness and age.
- Add the chilli, toss through. Present on a shallow serving platter and scatter spring onions all over the top. Serve as soon as possible.
- Gluten free
- Grain free (leave off corn/ corn chips)
- Nut free
- Low fructose/ sugar free
Ingredients: Serves 4 12 eggs, best quality you can afford 150ml sparkling water 2 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan Sea salt and freshly cracked pepper 20g butter 4 thick slices of sourdough, toasted/charred Method: Mix together the eggs, sparkling water, parmesan...
Ingredients: Serves 4 500gm field mushroom finely chopped 2 cups green olives 1/4 bunch mint 1/4 bunch flat-leaf parsley 100gm ricotta cheese fresh Lemon juice and zest 1 clove of garlic 2 fresh red chillies Olive oil 1-cup thick cream 100gm Parmesan cheese Method: In...
Ingredients: Serves 2 Salad 1/8 Australian Kent pumpkin, skin on 1 tsp Australian extra virgin olive oil Pinch sea salt Cracked black pepper 4 Australian Jerusalem artichokes Handful Australian green beans 4 Australian prunes ¼ cup Australian pecans 2 tbsp goats...
Ingredients: 1.5kg Pork belly strips or ribs Marinade 5 tbsp ABC Sweet Soy Sauce (Kecap Manis) 1 Lime (zested & juiced) 1 Red chilli (chopped) 20g Palm sugar 1 tsp Yeo’s Pure Sesame oil 2 tsp Lemongrass (finely chopped) 1 tbsp Oil Method: Blend all the marinade...
Ingredients: 1kg of chuck, flank, shin or brisket trimmed and cut into 3cm cubes 2 clove of garlic 1 small bunch of thyme 1 tspn of black peppercorns 500ml Guinness or dark ale 8 shallots peeled 1 tbsp vegemite 500gm bought puff pastry 100gm Stilton blue cheese or...
Ingredients: 4-6 streaky pork belly cutlets, skin removed, cutlets cut into strips 5 cm thick Marinade 2 onions, finely chopped 10 garlic cloves, crushed 2 cm piece fresh ginger, finely chopped 250 ml (1 cup) kochujang (Korean chilli paste) 4 tablespoons sugar 2...