Pipis in XO SauceElena Duggan
- 1kg Australian Pipis
- 3 spring onions, sliced finely on an angle
- 1 long red chili, finely sliced on an angle
- 3 Garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 250g Massel reduced salt chicken or vegetable stock
- XO Sauce
- Spring onions, finely sliced
- Red chilies, finely sliced
- 50g Fried shallots
- Pipis could be replaced with mussels or clams for a similar dish, or other seafood prepared appropriately.
- For the pipis, in a wok, add oil and garlic and bring up to a high heat and stir fry until fragrant or approximately 1 minute.
- Add the XO sauce and stock and stir for 1minute.
- Add the pipis, coating in the sauce thoroughly. Place lid on and reduce heat to medium high. Cook until the pipi shells are just open. Remove lid and toss through sauce again. Process could take 5-8 minutes depending on pipi size, freshness and age.
- Add the chilli, toss through. Present on a shallow serving platter and scatter spring onions all over the top. Serve as soon as possible.
- Gluten free
- Grain free (leave off corn/ corn chips)
- Nut free
- Low fructose/ sugar free
Ingredients: Serves: 4 800g Hanger Steak Sea Salt 1 small yellow pepper, seeds removed, roughly chopped 6 Yellow baby Tomatoes 1 small red chilli, seeds removed ½ tsp dried flaked chillies 2 Garlic cloves, peeled 20g fresh parsley, including any tender stalks 10g each...
Ingredients: 4 roma tomatoes ½ brown onion, finely diced 2 garlic cloves, finely diced 1 tbsp chilli oil ½ cup white wine 500g goolwa pippies 1 cup parsley leaves, chopped 250g fresh taglierini or linguine 1 lemon, juice only 50g unsalted butter Sea salt flakes Black...
Ingredients: 3 cups plain flour, plus extra Salt 1 ¼ cups warm water 150ml Peanut oil, plus extra Cheese Filling: 500g ricotta cheese 100gm Greek fetta 300gm cottage cheese 300ml thickened cream 2 eggs Salt Method: Combine the cheeses in a large bowl and mix together,...
Ingredients: Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Velisha Farms 1 tbsp oil 225g Chicken mince 2 tbsp fish sauce 1 lime, juice only 1 tsp caster sugar 3 spring onions, finely chopped ¼ cucumber, finely diced 2 red chillies, finely sliced 1cm ginger,...
Ingredients: 6 chicken thighs 3 cups fresh breadcrumbs ½ bunch parsley 100g parmigiano cheese 2 garlic cloves Sea salt Black pepper Flour, for dusting 2 eggs Method: Blitz the parsley, cheese and garlic into a fine crumb and mix through the breadcrumbs. Season with...
Ingredients: 1/2 head of cauliflower, outer leaves removed and retained, cauliflower chopped into florets. 1 clove of garlic - peeled & sliced in half 1 tsp of sultanas or raisins (optional) 6 black peppercorns 1/4 tsp turmeric 1/4 tsp curry powder 3/4 cup...