Pipis in XO SauceElena Duggan
- 1kg Australian Pipis
- 3 spring onions, sliced finely on an angle
- 1 long red chili, finely sliced on an angle
- 3 Garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 250g Massel reduced salt chicken or vegetable stock
- XO Sauce
- Spring onions, finely sliced
- Red chilies, finely sliced
- 50g Fried shallots
- Pipis could be replaced with mussels or clams for a similar dish, or other seafood prepared appropriately.
- For the pipis, in a wok, add oil and garlic and bring up to a high heat and stir fry until fragrant or approximately 1 minute.
- Add the XO sauce and stock and stir for 1minute.
- Add the pipis, coating in the sauce thoroughly. Place lid on and reduce heat to medium high. Cook until the pipi shells are just open. Remove lid and toss through sauce again. Process could take 5-8 minutes depending on pipi size, freshness and age.
- Add the chilli, toss through. Present on a shallow serving platter and scatter spring onions all over the top. Serve as soon as possible.
- Gluten free
- Grain free (leave off corn/ corn chips)
- Nut free
- Low fructose/ sugar free
Ingredients: Serves: 2-4 2 x 250g T-bone or Rump steak Sea salt 2 Tbsp Olive oil 2 Tbsp Butter 1 brown onion, diced 2-3 cloves garlic, finely chopped 1 tsp dried chilli flakes 2 tsp dried mixed herbs 40 ‘twists’ cracked black pepper 2 chicken stock cubes, crumbled 2-3...
Ingredients: Crown Pumpkin (or similar) Pumpkin Puree: 250g Pumpkin seeds 100g Miso 500g Spanish Onion 100g Butter Method: Pumpkin Puree: Roast pumpkin seeds at 200 degrees until golden Sweat down onions in butter until nice and golden Once all cooked blitz together...
Ingredients: 1kg pork mince 1 brown onion, finely diced 2 cloves garlic, finely diced 1 cup grated parmigiano cheese 1 egg 1/2 cup fresh breadcrumbs Plain flour, for dusting White Wine Sauce: 2 cups white wine 1 bunch sage leaves 2 sprigs of rosemary 2 bay leaves 6...
Ingredients: Serves: 4-6 500g beef mince 3 lemongrass stalks, white part only, grated 3 spring onions, white and green separated, each finely chopped 1 large clove garlic, grated ½ cup chopped coriander (stems included) 1 Tbsp fish sauce 1 Tbsp caster sugar 1 tsp salt...
Ingredients: Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Wine Selectors Serves: 4 Four quails 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and finely chopped 6-8 leaves of sage, finely chopped Sea salt and cracked pepper 8 strips smoky pancetta Olive oil Lemon halves for...
Ingredients: Serves: 4 2 tablespoon olive oil 3 garlic cloves, crushed 500g chicken breast, whole 1 brown onion, finely diced 1 cup dry white wine 1 cup cream 2 tablespoons tarragon, coarsely chopped 1 teaspoon cornflour serve with steamed rice and blanched broccolini...