Pipis in XO SauceElena Duggan
- 1kg Australian Pipis
- 3 spring onions, sliced finely on an angle
- 1 long red chili, finely sliced on an angle
- 3 Garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 250g Massel reduced salt chicken or vegetable stock
- XO Sauce
- Spring onions, finely sliced
- Red chilies, finely sliced
- 50g Fried shallots
- Pipis could be replaced with mussels or clams for a similar dish, or other seafood prepared appropriately.
- For the pipis, in a wok, add oil and garlic and bring up to a high heat and stir fry until fragrant or approximately 1 minute.
- Add the XO sauce and stock and stir for 1minute.
- Add the pipis, coating in the sauce thoroughly. Place lid on and reduce heat to medium high. Cook until the pipi shells are just open. Remove lid and toss through sauce again. Process could take 5-8 minutes depending on pipi size, freshness and age.
- Add the chilli, toss through. Present on a shallow serving platter and scatter spring onions all over the top. Serve as soon as possible.
- Gluten free
- Grain free (leave off corn/ corn chips)
- Nut free
- Low fructose/ sugar free
Ingredients: Serves 4 8 Moreton Bay bugs 200g thinly sliced dried pancetta 8 bay leaves 4 ripe figs, halved 2 tablespoons olive oil Juice of 1 lemon Method: Prepare your barbecue for direct grilling over a high heat. Prepare the bugs by removing the meat from the...
Ingredients: 4-6 streaky pork belly cutlets, skin removed, cutlets cut into strips 5 cm thick Marinade 2 onions, finely chopped 10 garlic cloves, crushed 2 cm piece fresh ginger, finely chopped 250 ml (1 cup) kochujang (Korean chilli paste) 4 tablespoons sugar 2...
Ingredients: Serves 2 Teaspoon coconut sugar 6 freshly picked mint leaves Approx 500ml SodaStream Carbonated Water 10-15 assorted fresh berries One lime, halved Ice Method: Start by bringing together the coconut sugar and the mint in a food processor or alternatively...
Ingredients: Serves: 3 2 cup water 3 tbsp Valcom Tom Yum Paste 1 cup button mushrooms, halved 300g chicken fillet, sliced 1⁄4 cup TCC Premium Coconut Milk 4 tbsp Valcom Kaffir Lime Leaves 1 stalk coriander coarsely chopped 1 red chilli, cut diagonally Method: Bring...
Ingredients: Serves 4 2 medium eggplant 2 tablespoons of olive oil ½ cup miso paste 4 tablespoons mirin 2 tablespoons sugar 2 tablespoons sake White sesame seeds for garnish Method: Preheat the oven to 220C. Slice the eggplants in half and carefully score the eggplant...
Ingredients: Serves 4-6 1tbsp whole white peppercorns 2tbsp grated fresh turmeric 1 heaped tbsp grated fresh ginger 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped 5 thinly sliced cloves Juice of 2 limes, plus wedges to serve 5 coriander roots (from a fresh bunch) 1kg Ling, scaled,...