Pork AdoboMatt Sinclair
- 1 kg pork belly, cut into 4cm pieces
- 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 6 cloves garlic, grated
- 2 tsp black peppercorns
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 red onion, cut into wedges or chunks
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar
- Add the pork belly to a non-reactive bowl and coat evenly with vinegar, soy sauce, garlic and peppercorns. Leave to marinade for 30 minutes.
- Heat 1 Tbsp of oil in a pan over medium-high heat. Drain the pork, keeping the marinade aside. Cook the pork in batches for 3-4 minutes, until lightly golden. Use a slotted spoon to remove to a plate.
- Return the pan to a medium heat and add the remaining oil if required (may be plenty remaining from the pork). Fry off the onions, stirring often for about 5 minutes. Return the pork to the pan along with the reserved marinade, 1 cup of water and the bay leaves. Season with salt and bring to a light simmer. Reduce the heat to low and cook for 40 minutes – 1 hour. Add the sugar and adjust seasoning to taste with extra vinegar, salt or sugar if required.
- Cook for a further 15 minutes or until pork is tender and sauce has thickened. Serve with steamed rice and garnish with the chopped spring onion.
Our friends at Wine Selectors suggest pairing this dish with a Pinot Noir.
Ingredients: 4 Spicy Italian Sausages Packet of Farfalle Pasta 1 Leek 1 Carrot 1 Onion 2 Garlic 2 cups Shredded Cabbage 1 Chopped Silver Beet 1 400gm Tinned Beans 1 tsp Cumin powder 1 tsp Coriander powder 1tsp Paprika powder 2 tbsp Tomato Paste Stock of your choice...
This recipe is brought to you by our friends at Asian InspirationsIngredients:Serves: 8 Prep Time: 10 mins Cook Time: 15 mins Main Ingredients: 1 packet rice paper 150g rice vermicelli noodles 1 bunch coriander 1 bunch Thai basil 1 bunch mint 1 bunch garlic chives 1⁄4...
Ingredients: 2 puff pastry sheets 2 Tbsp vegemite 2 cups cheddar cheese grated Method: Spread vegemite over pastry sheets and top with cheese. Lightly roll each pastry up into a log and cut each log into 8 slices. Place 4 slices (sliced side up) in each Sunbeam Pie...
Ingredients: Chicken Thigh mince 1 egg Bread soaked in milk Grated parmesan Chopped parsely Spaghetti Breadcrumbs Salt & Pepper Sauce Celery Carrot Onion Olive oil Bay lead 2 tins of whole or chopped tomatoes Method: In a mixing bowl add in your chicken thigh...
Ingredients: 1 cup vegetable oil 1 cinnamon stick 3 star anise 2 tbs schizuan peppercorns 2 bay leaves 1/4 cup crushed red chilli/pepper flakes Method: In a small pot, heat the oil with the all the spices, bar the chilli flakes, on a low to medium heat for about 20...
Ingredients: 500g of kingfish or snapper fillets, skin off Juice from 6 limes 1 ripped mango 1 medium Lebanese cucumber 1/4 red onion Juice from 1 orange 1 jalapeño chilli 1 small yellow capsicum 10 mint leaves Salt and pepper to taste 200g corn tortillas chips...