Pork Cutlets with Apple and Cucumber RelishMatt Sinclair
- 4 pork cutlets, 1 inch thick
- 4 cloves garlic
- 2 tbsp ground cumin
- 2 tbsp ground coriander
- 1 tbsp ground turmeric
- 1 tbsp chilli flakes
- 3 tbsp fish sauce
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, peeled, diced
- 1 large green apple, cored, peeled, diced
- 1 cup picked Thai basil
- 1 cup picked mint leaves
- ½ cup picked Vietnamese mint
- 2 long red chillies, sliced (optional)
- Juice of 1 lime
- Pinch salt
- Pinch sugar
- Add all marinade ingredients into a blender and blitz until smooth. Cover the pork cutlets generously in a non-reactive container and leave for at least an hour, ideally overnight.
- Heat BBQ Grill to high (approximately 260C) and place cutlets side down on the grill leaning on one another to begin rendering out the fat. After 3-4 minutes place them down flat on a new section of the grill for a couple of minutes either side. Rest for at least 10 minutes.
- Combine all salad ingredients and season with a touch of sugar and salt, this will draw out moisture from the cucumber and apple to create a bit of a dressing. Slice pork and serve.
Our friends at Wine Selectors suggest pairing this dish with a Chardonnay.
Ingredients: Serves: 4 800g Hanger Steak Sea Salt 1 small yellow pepper, seeds removed, roughly chopped 6 Yellow baby Tomatoes 1 small red chilli, seeds removed ½ tsp dried flaked chillies 2 Garlic cloves, peeled 20g fresh parsley, including any tender stalks 10g each...
Ingredients: 4 roma tomatoes ½ brown onion, finely diced 2 garlic cloves, finely diced 1 tbsp chilli oil ½ cup white wine 500g goolwa pippies 1 cup parsley leaves, chopped 250g fresh taglierini or linguine 1 lemon, juice only 50g unsalted butter Sea salt flakes Black...
Ingredients: 3 cups plain flour, plus extra Salt 1 ¼ cups warm water 150ml Peanut oil, plus extra Cheese Filling: 500g ricotta cheese 100gm Greek fetta 300gm cottage cheese 300ml thickened cream 2 eggs Salt Method: Combine the cheeses in a large bowl and mix together,...
Ingredients: Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Velisha Farms 1 tbsp oil 225g Chicken mince 2 tbsp fish sauce 1 lime, juice only 1 tsp caster sugar 3 spring onions, finely chopped ¼ cucumber, finely diced 2 red chillies, finely sliced 1cm ginger,...
Ingredients: 6 chicken thighs 3 cups fresh breadcrumbs ½ bunch parsley 100g parmigiano cheese 2 garlic cloves Sea salt Black pepper Flour, for dusting 2 eggs Method: Blitz the parsley, cheese and garlic into a fine crumb and mix through the breadcrumbs. Season with...
Ingredients: 1/2 head of cauliflower, outer leaves removed and retained, cauliflower chopped into florets. 1 clove of garlic - peeled & sliced in half 1 tsp of sultanas or raisins (optional) 6 black peppercorns 1/4 tsp turmeric 1/4 tsp curry powder 3/4 cup...