Pork Cutlets with Apple and Cucumber RelishMatt Sinclair
- 4 pork cutlets, 1 inch thick
- 4 cloves garlic
- 2 tbsp ground cumin
- 2 tbsp ground coriander
- 1 tbsp ground turmeric
- 1 tbsp chilli flakes
- 3 tbsp fish sauce
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, peeled, diced
- 1 large green apple, cored, peeled, diced
- 1 cup picked Thai basil
- 1 cup picked mint leaves
- ½ cup picked Vietnamese mint
- 2 long red chillies, sliced (optional)
- Juice of 1 lime
- Pinch salt
- Pinch sugar
- Add all marinade ingredients into a blender and blitz until smooth. Cover the pork cutlets generously in a non-reactive container and leave for at least an hour, ideally overnight.
- Heat BBQ Grill to high (approximately 260C) and place cutlets side down on the grill leaning on one another to begin rendering out the fat. After 3-4 minutes place them down flat on a new section of the grill for a couple of minutes either side. Rest for at least 10 minutes.
- Combine all salad ingredients and season with a touch of sugar and salt, this will draw out moisture from the cucumber and apple to create a bit of a dressing. Slice pork and serve.
Our friends at Wine Selectors suggest pairing this dish with a Chardonnay.
Ingredients: Serves: 2-4 2 x 250g T-bone or Rump steak Sea salt 2 Tbsp Olive oil 2 Tbsp Butter 1 brown onion, diced 2-3 cloves garlic, finely chopped 1 tsp dried chilli flakes 2 tsp dried mixed herbs 40 ‘twists’ cracked black pepper 2 chicken stock cubes, crumbled 2-3...
Ingredients: Crown Pumpkin (or similar) Pumpkin Puree: 250g Pumpkin seeds 100g Miso 500g Spanish Onion 100g Butter Method: Pumpkin Puree: Roast pumpkin seeds at 200 degrees until golden Sweat down onions in butter until nice and golden Once all cooked blitz together...
Ingredients: 1kg pork mince 1 brown onion, finely diced 2 cloves garlic, finely diced 1 cup grated parmigiano cheese 1 egg 1/2 cup fresh breadcrumbs Plain flour, for dusting White Wine Sauce: 2 cups white wine 1 bunch sage leaves 2 sprigs of rosemary 2 bay leaves 6...
Ingredients: Serves: 4-6 500g beef mince 3 lemongrass stalks, white part only, grated 3 spring onions, white and green separated, each finely chopped 1 large clove garlic, grated ½ cup chopped coriander (stems included) 1 Tbsp fish sauce 1 Tbsp caster sugar 1 tsp salt...
Ingredients: Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Wine Selectors Serves: 4 Four quails 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and finely chopped 6-8 leaves of sage, finely chopped Sea salt and cracked pepper 8 strips smoky pancetta Olive oil Lemon halves for...
Ingredients: Serves: 4 2 tablespoon olive oil 3 garlic cloves, crushed 500g chicken breast, whole 1 brown onion, finely diced 1 cup dry white wine 1 cup cream 2 tablespoons tarragon, coarsely chopped 1 teaspoon cornflour serve with steamed rice and blanched broccolini...