Pumpkin & Feta RollsLaura Sharrad & Catherine Velisha
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Velisha Farms
- Puff Pastry
- 1 egg for Egg Wash
- Black and White Sesame seeds
- Salt & Pepper
- Ground Cumin
- Smoked Paprika
- Olive Oil
- Take your Pumpkin and cube it into similar sized pieces, then place on a lined baking tray and coat with your paprika, cumin, salt and olive oil and toss together so everything is evenly coated.
- Pop the pumpkin into a 180 degree oven and roast them until they are golden and tender.
- Cool down your cooked pumpkin and place in a mixing blow. Then with a spatula, mush half of your pumpkin, crumble in your feta, season with S&P and then stir to combine – be sure to leave the other half of the pumpkin in chunks for texture.
- Now lay out your defrosted puff pastry and then scoop some pumpkin feta mixture along one side of the puff. Egg wash the inside of the pastry and then roll to seal, then place on another lined baking tray. You can cut them into 2 or 4 rolls per sheet of puff.
- Egg wash the top of the roll and the top with your seeds.
- Then place back into the oven until the pastry is golden brown and flakey.
- Serve with your favourite chutney.