Red Duck CurryElena Duggan
- 1 duck – broken down into at least 8 parts, reserve bones
- 1 serve Red Curry Paste
- 500g Chicken stock
- 1 large Onion, sliced into crescents
- 1 can Coconut cream, maximum % coconut
- 250g Pineapple, cut into pieces (if using canned – drained, halved reserve juice to season)
- 250g Cherry tomatoes, halved or quartered
- 250g Lychee flesh, (if using canned – drained, halved reserve juice to season)
- Fish sauce, to taste
- Thai basil, leaves only
- Coriander, leaves only, reserve roots and stems for paste
- Steamed jasmine rice
- Extra herbs of above
- 2 Limes, halved
- Sliced red chili
Extra Fancy Garnish
- Lotus root sliced, frozen and well drained
- Reserved duck fat
- Salt to taste
- To prepare the duck, place pieces skin side down in a cold, large non-stick fry pan. Gently increase the heat to medium to render the fat. Drain fat and reserve in a heatproof bowl. Duck can be turned to ensure all sides are caramelised, remove breast meat first, meat with bones can have an additional 3-5minutes. Duck will be cooked again in curry sauce, so if not cooked through, this is okay – the main purpose is to render and remove fat and seal all sides. Remove from heat and set aside.
- To prepare the curry base, place paste in a large non-stick fry pan and simmer whilst stirring for up to 10minutes or until fragrant and caramelised. Deglaze with chicken stock and simmer over low for additional 5-10minutes.
- While curry sauce is simmering, heat the rendered duck fat to medium in a small fry pan and fry the lotus slices until golden in colour. Strain well and season with salt, lotus chips with crisp further on cooling. Set aside for garnish.
- Return duck pieces to curry sauce along with onion and coconut cream. Simmer for up 10minutes or until duck is cooked through – you can inspect a thicker piece with a bone in but slicing open if you’re uncertain.
- Place half the pineapple, half the tomatoes and half the lychees to the curry and stir through. Heat for a further 2-5minutes.
- Serve duck curry in a large share bowl, garnish with remaining fruit, herbs and lotus chips.
- Gluten free
- Grain free – substitute rice for quinoa or cauliflower rice or mashed potato
- Refined sugar free
- Dairy free
Ingredients: 4 Spicy Italian Sausages Packet of Farfalle Pasta 1 Leek 1 Carrot 1 Onion 2 Garlic 2 cups Shredded Cabbage 1 Chopped Silver Beet 1 400gm Tinned Beans 1 tsp Cumin powder 1 tsp Coriander powder 1tsp Paprika powder 2 tbsp Tomato Paste Stock of your choice...
This recipe is brought to you by our friends at Asian InspirationsIngredients:Serves: 8 Prep Time: 10 mins Cook Time: 15 mins Main Ingredients: 1 packet rice paper 150g rice vermicelli noodles 1 bunch coriander 1 bunch Thai basil 1 bunch mint 1 bunch garlic chives 1⁄4...
Ingredients: 2 puff pastry sheets 2 Tbsp vegemite 2 cups cheddar cheese grated Method: Spread vegemite over pastry sheets and top with cheese. Lightly roll each pastry up into a log and cut each log into 8 slices. Place 4 slices (sliced side up) in each Sunbeam Pie...
Ingredients: Chicken Thigh mince 1 egg Bread soaked in milk Grated parmesan Chopped parsely Spaghetti Breadcrumbs Salt & Pepper Sauce Celery Carrot Onion Olive oil Bay lead 2 tins of whole or chopped tomatoes Method: In a mixing bowl add in your chicken thigh...
Ingredients: 1 cup vegetable oil 1 cinnamon stick 3 star anise 2 tbs schizuan peppercorns 2 bay leaves 1/4 cup crushed red chilli/pepper flakes Method: In a small pot, heat the oil with the all the spices, bar the chilli flakes, on a low to medium heat for about 20...
Ingredients: 500g of kingfish or snapper fillets, skin off Juice from 6 limes 1 ripped mango 1 medium Lebanese cucumber 1/4 red onion Juice from 1 orange 1 jalapeño chilli 1 small yellow capsicum 10 mint leaves Salt and pepper to taste 200g corn tortillas chips...