Reuban SambosMatt Sinclair
- 8 large slices Rye Bread
- 600g shaved corned beef
- 6 slices Swiss cheese, halved diagonally
- ½ red onion, thinly sliced
- ½ sugarloaf cabbage, very finely shredded
- 1 ½ Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil, plus extra
- 1 ½ Tbsp White wine vinegar
- White Pepper
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1 cup whole egg mayonnaise
- 2-3 Tbsp Sriracha
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 Tbsp horseradish cream
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- Combine the mayo, sriracha, Worcestershire, horseradish cream and paprika in a bowl and mix well to combine. Season to taste with salt and lemon juice and adjust flavours where needed. Sauce should be creamy, tangy and have just enough spice. Set aside until required. *Can be made ahead of time and refrigerated.
- To make the kupus salad, place the shredded cabbage in a bowl and drizzle with about 1 Tbsp of Olive Oil. Season to taste with vinegar, salt and white pepper and set aside to soften and infuse. Taste and adjust seasoning if required before serving. *Kupus should have a good balance of tang and salt and will reduce in size.
- Butter 1 side of each slice of bread. Lay out 4 of the slices, butter-side down and top with shaved corned beef. Top the beef with 3 halves of cheese each.
- Heat approximately 1 Tbsp of oil in a large fry pan over a medium heat. Place a piece of bread with topping, and one without topping in the pan, butter-side down. Fry for about 5 minutes until the bottoms are golden and crisp. Remove to a chopping board, top the beef and cheese side with red onion, a generous serve of kupus salad, and dollop the dressing over the top. Spread a bit of dressing on the other piece of bread and combine with the other to make the perfect Reuban sandwich. Cut in half and serve immediately.
- Repeat with remaining sandwiches
Our friends at Wine Selectors suggest pairing this dish with a Chenin Blanc.
Ingredients: 4 Spicy Italian Sausages Packet of Farfalle Pasta 1 Leek 1 Carrot 1 Onion 2 Garlic 2 cups Shredded Cabbage 1 Chopped Silver Beet 1 400gm Tinned Beans 1 tsp Cumin powder 1 tsp Coriander powder 1tsp Paprika powder 2 tbsp Tomato Paste Stock of your choice...
This recipe is brought to you by our friends at Asian InspirationsIngredients:Serves: 8 Prep Time: 10 mins Cook Time: 15 mins Main Ingredients: 1 packet rice paper 150g rice vermicelli noodles 1 bunch coriander 1 bunch Thai basil 1 bunch mint 1 bunch garlic chives 1⁄4...
Ingredients: 2 puff pastry sheets 2 Tbsp vegemite 2 cups cheddar cheese grated Method: Spread vegemite over pastry sheets and top with cheese. Lightly roll each pastry up into a log and cut each log into 8 slices. Place 4 slices (sliced side up) in each Sunbeam Pie...
Ingredients: Chicken Thigh mince 1 egg Bread soaked in milk Grated parmesan Chopped parsely Spaghetti Breadcrumbs Salt & Pepper Sauce Celery Carrot Onion Olive oil Bay lead 2 tins of whole or chopped tomatoes Method: In a mixing bowl add in your chicken thigh...
Ingredients: 1 cup vegetable oil 1 cinnamon stick 3 star anise 2 tbs schizuan peppercorns 2 bay leaves 1/4 cup crushed red chilli/pepper flakes Method: In a small pot, heat the oil with the all the spices, bar the chilli flakes, on a low to medium heat for about 20...
Ingredients: 500g of kingfish or snapper fillets, skin off Juice from 6 limes 1 ripped mango 1 medium Lebanese cucumber 1/4 red onion Juice from 1 orange 1 jalapeño chilli 1 small yellow capsicum 10 mint leaves Salt and pepper to taste 200g corn tortillas chips...