Reuban SambosMatt Sinclair
- 8 large slices Rye Bread
- 600g shaved corned beef
- 6 slices Swiss cheese, halved diagonally
- ½ red onion, thinly sliced
- ½ sugarloaf cabbage, very finely shredded
- 1 ½ Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil, plus extra
- 1 ½ Tbsp White wine vinegar
- White Pepper
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1 cup whole egg mayonnaise
- 2-3 Tbsp Sriracha
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 Tbsp horseradish cream
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- Combine the mayo, sriracha, Worcestershire, horseradish cream and paprika in a bowl and mix well to combine. Season to taste with salt and lemon juice and adjust flavours where needed. Sauce should be creamy, tangy and have just enough spice. Set aside until required. *Can be made ahead of time and refrigerated.
- To make the kupus salad, place the shredded cabbage in a bowl and drizzle with about 1 Tbsp of Olive Oil. Season to taste with vinegar, salt and white pepper and set aside to soften and infuse. Taste and adjust seasoning if required before serving. *Kupus should have a good balance of tang and salt and will reduce in size.
- Butter 1 side of each slice of bread. Lay out 4 of the slices, butter-side down and top with shaved corned beef. Top the beef with 3 halves of cheese each.
- Heat approximately 1 Tbsp of oil in a large fry pan over a medium heat. Place a piece of bread with topping, and one without topping in the pan, butter-side down. Fry for about 5 minutes until the bottoms are golden and crisp. Remove to a chopping board, top the beef and cheese side with red onion, a generous serve of kupus salad, and dollop the dressing over the top. Spread a bit of dressing on the other piece of bread and combine with the other to make the perfect Reuban sandwich. Cut in half and serve immediately.
- Repeat with remaining sandwiches
Our friends at Wine Selectors suggest pairing this dish with a Chenin Blanc.
Ingredients: Hard Cheese Soft Cheese Blue Cheese 1 baguette A bunch of Green Grapes Honeycomb Salami (sliced) Smoked Salmon Dip Artisan Crackers Beetroot dip Poppy Seed Skordalia Dip Dukkah Stuffed Bell Peppers Marinated Olives (pitted) Method: There are no rules or...
Ingredients: 700g sprouts (500g trimmed whole, 200g thinly sliced) 3 garlic cloves, crushed 100g kale, thinly shredded 1 red onion, thinly sliced 150ml olive oil 3 lemons, juiced 2 anchovies in oil, chopped 2 tbsp wholegrain mustard 80g hazelnuts, toasted and...
Ingredients: 1 tbsp sea salt flakes 1 tbsp cracked black pepper 8 cleaned squid tubes, thinly sliced Vegetable oil, for deep-frying 1 cup self-raising flour ½ cup mayonnaise Lemon wedges, to serve Method: Place the salt and pepper in a large bowl and mix to combine....
Serves 4 Ingredients: 2 sheets frozen puff pastry, thawed and halved 500g fresh ricotta 8 slices prosciutto 2 tbsp white balsamic vinegar 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil Sea salt and cracked black pepper 6 zucchini flowers, halved and stamens removed, or 1 zucchini,...
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Perfection Fresh Ingredients: 500g orecchiette pasta Table salt for pasta water 2 heads broccolini, cut into small pieces, use stalk as well 4 birds eye chilli, sliced finely 5 cloves garlic, chopped 4...
Ingredients: ½ of a Wombok Cabbage (Shredded ) 3 Carrots (2 grated & 1 julienned) Daikon (julienned) - optional 3 eggs 1 cup of Corn Flour Spring Onions (Chopped) Mint Black & White Sesame Seeds Caster Sugar White Vinegar Kewpie Hoisin Chilli - optional Fried...