San Choy BowLaura Sharrad & Catherine Velisha
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Velisha Farms
- 1 Iceberg lettuce
- Water Chestnuts
- 500gm Pork Mince
- 1 Bunch of Spring Onions (chopped)
- 1 Ginger (sliced)
- 1 Chilli (diced)
- Hoisin Sauce
- Soy Sauce
- Sesame Oil
- Crispy Chilli Oil
- Olive Oil
- Salt n Pepper
- Break down your iceberg lettuce into little cups and stand to the side ready for serving.
- Cut up your ginger, chillies and spring onions and add to a hot wok or pan with some olive oil.
- Go straight in with your pork mince and break it up with your wooden spoon. You want to render the pork until it gets golden and crispy.
- Once the pork is rendered go in with the crispy chilli oil (add as much as you like depending on your desired level of spice). Followed by a few drops of sesame oil and then your water chestnuts.
- Once the pork is cooked go in with your hoisin and soy sauce to flavour the san choy bow mix. Stir through until the mixture is evenly coated and sticky.
- You’re now ready to serve! Enjoy! – serve with extra chilli oil on the side.