Satay Tofu StirfryJoel Feren
- 4x scoops Glucerna powder
- 2/3 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1 tbsp. peanut oil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 long red chilli, deseeded, chopped, optional
- ¼ tsp. cumin, ground
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/2 tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 tbsp. kecap manis
- 1tbsp. peanut oil
- 1tbsp. ginger, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and diced
- 1 capsicum, diced
- 1 bunch broccolini, cut into thirds
- 1 zucchini, halved and sliced
- 500g firm tofu, cut into 1cm cubes
- Rice to serve
- In a mixing bowl add coconut milk, peanut butter, garlic, chilli, cumin, water, soy sauce, kecap manis and Glucerna powder. Combine the ingredients well. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a wok over a medium-high heat. Add ginger and garlic and toss well for 1 minute. Add vegetables and satay sauce and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add tofu and coat well with sauce. Turn the heat down to a gentle simmer and cook for a further 2-3 minutes.
- Serve on top of rice and garnish with crushed peanuts and chopped spring onions.
Picnic Cheese Board
Ingredients: Hard Cheese Soft Cheese Blue Cheese 1 baguette A bunch of Green Grapes Honeycomb Salami (sliced) Smoked Salmon Dip Artisan Crackers Beetroot dip Poppy Seed Skordalia Dip Dukkah Stuffed Bell Peppers Marinated Olives (pitted) Method: There are no rules or...
Roasted Brussel Sprout Salad
Ingredients: 700g sprouts (500g trimmed whole, 200g thinly sliced) 3 garlic cloves, crushed 100g kale, thinly shredded 1 red onion, thinly sliced 150ml olive oil 3 lemons, juiced 2 anchovies in oil, chopped 2 tbsp wholegrain mustard 80g hazelnuts, toasted and...
Salt & Pepper Squid Cones
Ingredients: 1 tbsp sea salt flakes 1 tbsp cracked black pepper 8 cleaned squid tubes, thinly sliced Vegetable oil, for deep-frying 1 cup self-raising flour ½ cup mayonnaise Lemon wedges, to serve Method: Place the salt and pepper in a large bowl and mix to combine....
Zucchini Flower & Ricotta Tart
Serves 4 Ingredients: 2 sheets frozen puff pastry, thawed and halved 500g fresh ricotta 8 slices prosciutto 2 tbsp white balsamic vinegar 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil Sea salt and cracked black pepper 6 zucchini flowers, halved and stamens removed, or 1 zucchini,...
Orecchiette with Broccolini
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Perfection Fresh Ingredients: 500g orecchiette pasta Table salt for pasta water 2 heads broccolini, cut into small pieces, use stalk as well 4 birds eye chilli, sliced finely 5 cloves garlic, chopped 4...
Okonomiyaki (Japanese Pancake)
Ingredients: ½ of a Wombok Cabbage (Shredded ) 3 Carrots (2 grated & 1 julienned) Daikon (julienned) - optional 3 eggs 1 cup of Corn Flour Spring Onions (Chopped) Mint Black & White Sesame Seeds Caster Sugar White Vinegar Kewpie Hoisin Chilli - optional Fried...