Skillet HotcakesElena Duggan
- 250g gluten-free flour
- 20g baking powder
- 1 tsp salt flakes
- 500ml whole milk
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 100g butter, melted and warm
- 3 egg whites, whisked to firm peaks
- 100g caster sugar
- Butter for greasing skillet
- 1 Vanilla Bean
- 200g mascarpone
- 100ml honey
- 50g Unsalted Butter
- 125g fresh blueberries
- 125g fresh raspberries
- 50g dark chocolate shavings
- Mint leave (or you could us edible flowers)
- Whisk egg whites and sugar until firm peaks.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, whole eggs, salt, milk, and melted butter.
- Gently fold egg whites through batter in bowl.
- Heat skillet on the stove top to a medium heat, melt approx. 1tsp additional butter.
- Depending on the size of your skillet, divide batter into two smaller greased skillets or one larger one.
- Bake at 165 degrees Celsius for 18-25 minutes, or until light, fluffy and a skewer comes out clean.
- Whisk mascarpone and vanilla together until smooth.
- Melt butter and honey together and pour over hotcakes when removed from oven.
- Allow slight cooling before serving in skillet with mascarpone, flowers, berries and chocolate.
- Gluten free
Ingredients: Plant-based milk Chia seeds Cacao powder Maple syrup Vanilla extract or paste Method: Combine all of the ingredients in a high-speed blender and blend until smooth. If you prefer to eat the seeds whole, you can skip the blender and combine the ingredients...
This recipe is brought to you by our friends at Healthy Life.Ingredients: 2 salmon fillets, skin off 1 cup edamame beans, frozen and blanched 1 Lebanese cucumber, sliced thinly 1 carrot, ribboned 1 avocado, diced 1/2 bunch spring onions, sliced 1 cup cooked brown...
Ingredients: 7 gm (1 sachet) dried yeast 360 gm plain flour 55 gm (¼ cup) caster sugar 150 ml lukewarm milk 40 gm softened butter 1 egg 250 gm milk chocolate, finely chopped 190 gm crème fraîche 70 ml pouring cream For deep-frying: vegetable oil 3-4 Tim Tams, coarsely...
Ingredients: 4 cups full cream milk 1/2 cup medium-grain rice 1 + 1/2 cups of water 1/4 tsp salt 1/2 cup caster sugar 2 tbs heaped tbsp cornflour 1 Vanilla bean or 1 tsp vanilla bean paste Traditional topping option Greek Cinnamon to dust the top Or Lotus Biscoff...
Ingredients: 1 very ripe banana (about 120g) 3 eggs, whisked 20g scoop vanilla plant-based protein powder 2 teaspoons of maple syrup 70g (1/2cup) quartered strawberries 1 tablespoon tapioca flour 1 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil Method: SERVES 1 Place your banana in...
This recipe is brought to you by our friends at Healthy Life. Ingredients: 2 Bananas 300g of raw Cashews (unsalted & unroasted) 6 - 8 Pitted Dates 2 tablespoons of Cinnamon powder 2 tablespoons of Raw cacao powder Cacao Nibs Pinch of Salt Method: In a food...