Skillet HotcakesElena Duggan
- 250g gluten-free flour
- 20g baking powder
- 1 tsp salt flakes
- 500ml whole milk
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 100g butter, melted and warm
- 3 egg whites, whisked to firm peaks
- 100g caster sugar
- Butter for greasing skillet
- 1 Vanilla Bean
- 200g mascarpone
- 100ml honey
- 50g Unsalted Butter
- 125g fresh blueberries
- 125g fresh raspberries
- 50g dark chocolate shavings
- Mint leave (or you could us edible flowers)
- Whisk egg whites and sugar until firm peaks.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, whole eggs, salt, milk, and melted butter.
- Gently fold egg whites through batter in bowl.
- Heat skillet on the stove top to a medium heat, melt approx. 1tsp additional butter.
- Depending on the size of your skillet, divide batter into two smaller greased skillets or one larger one.
- Bake at 165 degrees Celsius for 18-25 minutes, or until light, fluffy and a skewer comes out clean.
- Whisk mascarpone and vanilla together until smooth.
- Melt butter and honey together and pour over hotcakes when removed from oven.
- Allow slight cooling before serving in skillet with mascarpone, flowers, berries and chocolate.
- Gluten free
Ingredients: Makes 28 portions 12 eggs 800gm 900gm caster sugar 675gm 68% Madagascar chocolate 675gm-unsalted butter 225gm ground macadamia meal 225gm cocoa powder 300gm macadamia nuts Method: Preheat oven to 150 degrees Grease and line sponge tray with parchment...
Ingredients: 1 cup semolina 1 cup almonds, blanched, toasted and roughly chopped 2 cups self raising flour, sifted 2 tsp baking powder Rind of 1 lemon 6 eggs 250g butter at room temp Juice of 2 oranges 2 tbsp cognac or brandy 1 cup of caster. Sugar Shredded coconut as...
Ingredients: Makes 12 ¾ cup Australian almonds 1/3 cup rolled oats 2 tbsp cacao powder ½ tsp vanilla extract 12 medjool dates 3 tbsp cacao nibs 1 tbsp Australian almond oil Method: In a food processor blend ¼ cup of the almonds until they are crushed lightly but not...
Ingredients: Makes 2 small jars of jam and nut butter Jam ¼ cup fresh Australian raspberries ¼ cup fresh Australian blackberries ¼ cup fresh Australian strawberries ¼ cup fresh Australian blueberries ¼ cup fresh Australian red seedless grapes Splash Water ¼ cup chia...
Ingredients: Serves two 1/2 cup very cold vodka Juice of two limes 2 tablespoons sugar syrup 1/2 cup fresh raspberries 1/2 cup blueberries Approx 500ml sparkling water Ice Method: Bring together the vodka, lime juice, sugar syrup, raspberries, blueberries and...
Ingredients: 8 egg yolks 1 tsp vanilla extract 3 cups white sugar 3 litres of milk Pinch of salt 120g butter 2 cups semolina 15 sheets of fillo pastry 150g butter melted (approx.) Icing sugar + cinnamon to serve Method: Separate egg yolks from whites Add vanilla...