Skillet HotcakesElena Duggan
- 250g gluten-free flour
- 20g baking powder
- 1 tsp salt flakes
- 500ml whole milk
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 100g butter, melted and warm
- 3 egg whites, whisked to firm peaks
- 100g caster sugar
- Butter for greasing skillet
- 1 Vanilla Bean
- 200g mascarpone
- 100ml honey
- 50g Unsalted Butter
- 125g fresh blueberries
- 125g fresh raspberries
- 50g dark chocolate shavings
- Mint leave (or you could us edible flowers)
- Whisk egg whites and sugar until firm peaks.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, whole eggs, salt, milk, and melted butter.
- Gently fold egg whites through batter in bowl.
- Heat skillet on the stove top to a medium heat, melt approx. 1tsp additional butter.
- Depending on the size of your skillet, divide batter into two smaller greased skillets or one larger one.
- Bake at 165 degrees Celsius for 18-25 minutes, or until light, fluffy and a skewer comes out clean.
- Whisk mascarpone and vanilla together until smooth.
- Melt butter and honey together and pour over hotcakes when removed from oven.
- Allow slight cooling before serving in skillet with mascarpone, flowers, berries and chocolate.
- Gluten free
Ingredients: Serves: 4 ¼ cup Nutella 8 thick slices of brioche 3 eggs ¼ cup milk 1 vanilla bean, scraped 40g butter 2 lady finger bananas 2 Tablespoons caster sugar 160g unsalted butter ¼ cup pistachios, chopped ¼ cup maple syrup Edible flowers to garnish Ice cream to...
Ingredients: 2 ¼ cups plain flour, sifted 1 ½ tsp baking powder ½ tsp salt ½ cup brown sugar ½ cup caster sugar 60gm unsalted butter, melted, cooled 3 eggs, room temperature 100gm flaked almonds, lightly toasted Chai Spice Mix: 1 tsp ground ginger 1 tsp ground...
Ingredients: Serves: 4-6 125gm unsalted butter, softened 100gm caster sugar Zest of 2 oranges Zest of 1 lemon 200gm self-raising flour 1 tsp baking powder 20gm poppyseeds 2 eggs 140ml milk Rum Custard: 125ml milk 125ml thickened cream 3 large egg yolks 3 Tbsp caster...
Ingredients: Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Big 4 300g Blueberries frozen 300g Apples 1 small orange, juice only 2 tbsp soft brown sugar For the cobbler topping 175g (white or wholemeal) 100g unsalted butter, softened 25g/1oz porridge oats 50g...
Ingredients: Serves: 4 2 cups shiraz 1 cup water 2 cups sugar 10 cloves 2 cinnamon sticks 4 small – medium ripe pears Ricotta & Blue Cheese Cream: 500g ricotta 4 tbsp honey (see notes) 50g blue cheese (see notes) Zest of ½ lemon Finely chopped pistachios (see...
Ingredients: Serves: 4 Hotcakes: 1 cup plain flour, sifted 1 tsp baking powder 1 tbsp brown sugar ½ tsp salt ¾ cup buttermilk 4 eggs, separated 250g fresh ricotta Oil or butter 100g flaked almonds, lightly toasted Mandarin Syrup: 150ml mandarin juice 1 Tbsp lemon...