Skillet HotcakesElena Duggan
- 250g gluten-free flour
- 20g baking powder
- 1 tsp salt flakes
- 500ml whole milk
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 100g butter, melted and warm
- 3 egg whites, whisked to firm peaks
- 100g caster sugar
- Butter for greasing skillet
- 1 Vanilla Bean
- 200g mascarpone
- 100ml honey
- 50g Unsalted Butter
- 125g fresh blueberries
- 125g fresh raspberries
- 50g dark chocolate shavings
- Mint leave (or you could us edible flowers)
- Whisk egg whites and sugar until firm peaks.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, whole eggs, salt, milk, and melted butter.
- Gently fold egg whites through batter in bowl.
- Heat skillet on the stove top to a medium heat, melt approx. 1tsp additional butter.
- Depending on the size of your skillet, divide batter into two smaller greased skillets or one larger one.
- Bake at 165 degrees Celsius for 18-25 minutes, or until light, fluffy and a skewer comes out clean.
- Whisk mascarpone and vanilla together until smooth.
- Melt butter and honey together and pour over hotcakes when removed from oven.
- Allow slight cooling before serving in skillet with mascarpone, flowers, berries and chocolate.
- Gluten free
Ingredients: Serves 2 Flesh of 1 ripe Australian avocado 6 Medjool dates, pitted ¼ cup cacao powder ½ tsp vanilla extract Pinch sea salt To serve ¼ cup fresh Australian raspberries 1 tsp cacao nibs (optional) 1 sprig of fresh Australian mint Method: Place all...
Ingredients: Serves 2 60ml tequila 1 Lime, halved SodaStream Ginger Beer Syrup SodaStream Carbonated Water Ice Lime slices for garnish Method: Line the glasses with lime juice and salt. Add crushed ice to the serving glasses followed by tequila, SodaStream ginger beer...
Ingredients: Roasted bananas 300g Vanilla 1g Butter 112g Brown sugar 250g Eggs 100g Flour 275g Baking powder 10g Sea salt 5g Whipped Maple Butter Unsalted butter 250g Maple syrup 80g Sea salt 3g Method: Spread vanilla onto bananas, and roast in an oven at 180⁰c for 10...
Ingredients: Two servings Gin SodaStream Lemonade Syrup Approx 500ml Sodastream Carbonated Water 2 tarragon sprigs 1/2 lemon, finely sliced Ice Method: Fill the serving glasses with ice. Add lemonade syrup and top up with carbonated water Add the tarragon and lemon...
Ingredients: 500g Laucke Spelt Mix 4g Dried Yeast (supplied) 1 Egg 50g Sugar (white or brown) 50g Butter (Softened) 250g or 200g Water (50 g less if using a mixer or by hand or removing the dough from the breadmaker) 2ml Egg yellow colour if desired. 500g Dry Fruit...
Ingredients: Makes 28 portions 12 eggs 800gm 900gm caster sugar 675gm 68% Madagascar chocolate 675gm-unsalted butter 225gm ground macadamia meal 225gm cocoa powder 300gm macadamia nuts Method: Preheat oven to 150 degrees Grease and line sponge tray with parchment...