Skillet HotcakesElena Duggan
- 250g gluten-free flour
- 20g baking powder
- 1 tsp salt flakes
- 500ml whole milk
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 100g butter, melted and warm
- 3 egg whites, whisked to firm peaks
- 100g caster sugar
- Butter for greasing skillet
- 1 Vanilla Bean
- 200g mascarpone
- 100ml honey
- 50g Unsalted Butter
- 125g fresh blueberries
- 125g fresh raspberries
- 50g dark chocolate shavings
- Mint leave (or you could us edible flowers)
- Whisk egg whites and sugar until firm peaks.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, whole eggs, salt, milk, and melted butter.
- Gently fold egg whites through batter in bowl.
- Heat skillet on the stove top to a medium heat, melt approx. 1tsp additional butter.
- Depending on the size of your skillet, divide batter into two smaller greased skillets or one larger one.
- Bake at 165 degrees Celsius for 18-25 minutes, or until light, fluffy and a skewer comes out clean.
- Whisk mascarpone and vanilla together until smooth.
- Melt butter and honey together and pour over hotcakes when removed from oven.
- Allow slight cooling before serving in skillet with mascarpone, flowers, berries and chocolate.
- Gluten free
Banana Breakfast Bar
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at JC’s Quality Foods Ingredients: 1 ½ cups raw cashews 1 ½ desiccated coconut 3 medium ripe bananas, peeled and chopped 10 fresh dates, pitted 2 tsp vanilla extract ⅓ cup raw cacao powder ½ tsp bicarbonate of...
Ingredients: 500g unsalted room temp butter + extra for greasing 250g self-raising flour + extra for dusting 250g golden caster sugar 5 large free-range eggs 100ml milk ½ tsp vanilla extract ½ tp baking powder 250g quality dark chocolate (70%) 100g icing sugar 300g...
Raspberry Grappa Jam Drops
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at JC’s Quality Foods Ingredients: 2 cups (300g) Buckwheat flour 1 ½ cups almond meal 1 tsp ground cinnamon ½ tsp sea salt flakes ¾ cup maple syrup ½ cup vegetable oil ⅓ cup raspberry jam Method: Preheat the...
Deep Fried Apple Pie
Ingredients: Oil, for frying For the Pastry: 250g plain white flour 90g cornflour 70g caster sugar 3g sea salt 70g cold unsalted butter, cut into pieces 10ml cider vinegar 120g water For the Filling: 4 Granny Smiths apples, peeled, cored & roughly chopped 65g...
Crème Brûlèe Donuts
Ingredients:Makes 12 donuts Oil, for frying For the Dough: 1 cup lukewarm milk 1 tbsp dried yeast 1/3 cup caster sugar 3 egg yolks 1 tsp vanilla paste 4 tbsp soft butter 4 1/4 cups plain flour For the Custard: 1/2 cup sugar 3 tbsp cornflour 2 cups milk 4 yolks 2 tsps...
Banana Crepes with Banana Caramel
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Perfection Fresh Ingredients: 200g plain flour 100 caster sugar 200ml milk, full fat 1 whole egg 1 egg yolk 50g butter Icing sugar, for dusting For Bananas: 75g caster sugar 30g butter, salted Banana...