- 2-3 Long red Chilies
- 1 birds eye chili (optional)
- Brown Onion
- Juice of ½ a Lemon
- 2 dozen Fresh Raw Prawns
- Fresh Linguine
- A few knobs of Butter
- Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper
- Heat up a pan with a generous amount of olive oil, then dice up Onion, garlic & Chili and add to pan. Season to taste with S&P. In a separate pot begin boiling water for pasta.
- Add a splash of white wine to the pan and cook out the alcohol.
- Once ingredients in the pan have softened, place fresh pasta in boiling water to cook. Fresh pasta should take 2-3 mins to cook. Make sure you salt the water.
- Add the prawns to the pan and turn up the heat. Be careful not to over cook your prawns! Just as they’ve turned opaque the prawns are cooked.
- Now chopped up Basil and parsley then add to the pan and stir through
- Add the juice of ½ a lemon.
- Once the Prawns and pasta are cooked, add your pasta and butter to the pan and combine thoroughly.
- Your pasta is now ready to serve. Dress with olive oil, salt and pepper to taste.
Our friends at Wine Selectors suggested pairing this dish with a Fiano or Arneis.