Spinach and Ricotta DumplingsMatt Sinclair
- 2 tbsp Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large brown onion
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 2 x 400g tins of crushed tomatoes
- 1 bunch basil, leaves picked
- Sea salt
- 250g frozen spinach
- 375g fresh ricotta
- 50g parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup plain flour
- Pinch of ground nutmeg
- 100g rocket
- 1 red onion, finely sliced
- 1 lemon
- Place a heavy based saucepan over a high heat. Heat the olive oil and add the onion and garlic to the saucepan and saute for 3-4 minutes. Add dried oregano, crushed tomatoes and picked basil. Reduce to a simmer.
- Drain the thawed spinach and squeeze out excess liquid. Place in a large bowl with ricotta, parmesan, eggs, flour and nutmeg and combine well with a wooden spoon or spatula.
- Using 2 dessert spoons create small balls/dumplings out of the spinach and ricotta mix. Drop them into the sugo sauce, spreading them around the saucepan evenly, ensuring they are slightly submerged. Reduce to a low heat and place the lid on. Allow the dumplings to poach for approximately 10 minutes.
- Dress the rocket and onion with fresh lemon juice and a touch of olive oil. Distribute the sauce and dumplings into bowls, top with dressed rocket and onion and serve.
Our friends at Wine Selectors suggest pairing this dish with a Fiano.
Ingredients: 110g Safcol Sardines in Springwater, drained 2 tbsp oil 1 clove garlic, sliced 2 slices ginger, julienned 2 spring onions, cut to 2cm lengths 1 tbsp brandy (you may substitute this with Chinese cooking wine) 2 tsp black bean sauce (available in the Asian...
Ingredients: Makes 500ml 500g Red chilli 125g Red onion 25g garlic cloves 250ml lime juice 125ml fish sauce 125g sugar caster 50ml soy sauce 50ml rice vinegar Method: Blitz red chilli, onion and garlic in the robo-coup on pulse setting, it should still be quite coarse...
Ingredients: Serves 4 1 packet Udon Noodles (Hakubaku brand preferred) 250g smoked trout, torn into bite-sized slices 200g mesclun or butter lettuce, roughly torn 1 Lebanese cucumber, halved lengthways, deseeded, sliced 3 spring onions, thinly sliced 1 cup fresh...
Ingredients: This recipe is brought to you with the help from our friends at Velisha Farms 800g Doncaster & black Russians Tomatoes, chopped ½ Red Onion, thinly sliced 1 Tbsp vinaigrette 1 Lemon, zest 10g Wild Rocket Dressing: 200ml Early harvest Olive oil 3 Tbsp...
Ingredients: Makes 2 2 Tbsp olive oil 2 clove garlic, finely chopped 2 spring onions, finely sliced 1 green chilli, finely chopped ½ bunch fresh coriander, roughly chopped ½ tsp ground turmeric 1 tsp chilli powder 1 tsp ground cumin 1 tsp ground coriander 4 Eggs,...
Ingredients:Serves 1 150g Wagyu Thick Skirt 1 Hens Egg ½ Tomato, Sliced Sprigs of fresh Watercress ½ Onion, Sliced & Sautéed ½ Tbsp Dijon Mustard 1 Tbsp Spiced Tomato Chutney 1 Medium sized seeded baguette cut in half Method: Grill the wagyu from room...