Spring Onion PancakeLaura Sharrad & Catherine Velisha
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Velisha Farms
- 1 Bunch of Spring Onions
- Puff pastry
- Neutral oil
- Heat up some neutral oil on the side.
- Chop up your whole bunch of spring onions and add half of them to a heat proof bowl, then grate in some ginger.
- Pour the oil over the spring onions in the mixing bowl, enough to cover them. This will begin to break them down and caramelise the onions. It’s best to do this in the sink as the onions will bubble and smoke. This will be your condiment for serving.
- Now with your defrosted puff pastry, Brush with the spring onion oil and then sprinkle in your fresh onions.
- Roll them into a log lengthwise and then roll it into a scroll, tucking the end underneath.
- Sear both sides of the pancake in a pan, until lightly golden brown before transfer to a baking lined oven tray.
- Place in the oven tray at 180 degrees for 15 minutes or until golden brown and flakey.
- Serve with onion ginger oil.