Steak with Pepper SauceMatt Sinclair
- 2 x 250g T-bone or Rump steak
- Sea salt
- 2 Tbsp Olive oil
- 2 Tbsp Butter
- 1 brown onion, diced
- 2-3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tsp dried chilli flakes
- 2 tsp dried mixed herbs
- 40 ‘twists’ cracked black pepper
- 2 chicken stock cubes, crumbled
- 2-3 Tbsp oyster sauce
- ¼ cup chopped parsley
- 2 spring onion, finely chopped
- 100ml cream
- Preheat a BBQ grill or hotplate on high.
- Remove the steak from the fridge at least 30 minutes before cooking. Season both sides generously with sea salt. BBQ the steak to your personal preference – avoid moving it once it is on the hot plate and turn once. Transfer to a plate and keep warm while it rests for half of the cooking time.
- In the meantime, heat the olive oil and butter in a pan over a medium-high heat until shimmering and foaming. Add the onion and garlic and fry off, moving often for about a minute before adding the chilli flakes, herbs, pepper and stock cube powder. Toss through to combine and cook for another minute. Pour over the oyster sauce and mix together. Cook for a few minutes to reduce a little.
- Remove from the heat and toss through the parsley and spring onions. Pour in the cream and whisk to combine. Return to a lower heat for a minute to warm through. Adjust to taste.
- Serve the steak whole as individual meals, or slice and serve on a shar platter. Spoon over the pepper sauce and serve hot.
Our friends at Wine Selectors suggest pairing this dish with a Cabernet Shiraz Blend.
Ingredients: 2 heads broccoli 1 large leek, halved lengthwise, rinsed 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil 1 head garlic, unpeeled 4 cups (1L) chicken or vegetable stock 120g baby spinach leaves 125g sour cream, plus extra to serve Chilli flakes & herbs, such as basil,...
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Asian Inspirations Ingredients: 2 pieces Shimeji mushroom (thinly sliced) 2 pieces Red capsicum (thinly sliced) 2 pieces Zucchini (thinly sliced) 2 pieces Eggplant (thinly sliced) 2 pieces Sweet potato...
Ingredients: 30ml Vegetable oil 1 tin of chopped tomatoes 3 small red onions, 1 sliced, 2 roughly chopped 1 Red Scotch bonnet, finely chopped 100g Tomato paste 2 Tsp curry powder 1 Tsp Thyme, Fresh preferably but dried will also work 2 Bay leaves 1lt Chicken...
Ingredients:For pastry: 225g Plain Flour 100g Butter, unsalted (Make sure it’s really cold!) 4 Tbsp water, chilled For Filling: 250ml Cream 2 Large Eggs 200g Gaunchalie (or bacon) 1 Brown Onion, diced 100g Heritage baby tomatoes (halved) 125g Gruyère cheese 50g...
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Ocean Spray Ingredients: 400g Venison Loin 1 Carrot chopped 1 Brown onion, diced 1 Bay Leaf 2 Sprigs Rosemary 1 Bulb Garlic 1 Glass Red wine 1 Tbsp Tomato paste 700ml Beef Stock 100g Dark chocolate ...
Ingredients: 100g self raising flour 1 egg 3 tbs sour cream 2 tins corn ½ bunch coriander 1 bunch spring onions 2 avocados 1 shallot 1 long red chilli 2 limes Method: n a mixing bowl, combine your egg, the tinned corn, ½ a shallot, sour cream and flour together,...