Steak with Pepper SauceMatt Sinclair
- 2 x 250g T-bone or Rump steak
- Sea salt
- 2 Tbsp Olive oil
- 2 Tbsp Butter
- 1 brown onion, diced
- 2-3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tsp dried chilli flakes
- 2 tsp dried mixed herbs
- 40 ‘twists’ cracked black pepper
- 2 chicken stock cubes, crumbled
- 2-3 Tbsp oyster sauce
- ¼ cup chopped parsley
- 2 spring onion, finely chopped
- 100ml cream
- Preheat a BBQ grill or hotplate on high.
- Remove the steak from the fridge at least 30 minutes before cooking. Season both sides generously with sea salt. BBQ the steak to your personal preference – avoid moving it once it is on the hot plate and turn once. Transfer to a plate and keep warm while it rests for half of the cooking time.
- In the meantime, heat the olive oil and butter in a pan over a medium-high heat until shimmering and foaming. Add the onion and garlic and fry off, moving often for about a minute before adding the chilli flakes, herbs, pepper and stock cube powder. Toss through to combine and cook for another minute. Pour over the oyster sauce and mix together. Cook for a few minutes to reduce a little.
- Remove from the heat and toss through the parsley and spring onions. Pour in the cream and whisk to combine. Return to a lower heat for a minute to warm through. Adjust to taste.
- Serve the steak whole as individual meals, or slice and serve on a shar platter. Spoon over the pepper sauce and serve hot.
Our friends at Wine Selectors suggest pairing this dish with a Cabernet Shiraz Blend.
Picnic Cheese Board
Ingredients: Hard Cheese Soft Cheese Blue Cheese 1 baguette A bunch of Green Grapes Honeycomb Salami (sliced) Smoked Salmon Dip Artisan Crackers Beetroot dip Poppy Seed Skordalia Dip Dukkah Stuffed Bell Peppers Marinated Olives (pitted) Method: There are no rules or...
Roasted Brussel Sprout Salad
Ingredients: 700g sprouts (500g trimmed whole, 200g thinly sliced) 3 garlic cloves, crushed 100g kale, thinly shredded 1 red onion, thinly sliced 150ml olive oil 3 lemons, juiced 2 anchovies in oil, chopped 2 tbsp wholegrain mustard 80g hazelnuts, toasted and...
Salt & Pepper Squid Cones
Ingredients: 1 tbsp sea salt flakes 1 tbsp cracked black pepper 8 cleaned squid tubes, thinly sliced Vegetable oil, for deep-frying 1 cup self-raising flour ½ cup mayonnaise Lemon wedges, to serve Method: Place the salt and pepper in a large bowl and mix to combine....
Zucchini Flower & Ricotta Tart
Serves 4 Ingredients: 2 sheets frozen puff pastry, thawed and halved 500g fresh ricotta 8 slices prosciutto 2 tbsp white balsamic vinegar 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil Sea salt and cracked black pepper 6 zucchini flowers, halved and stamens removed, or 1 zucchini,...
Orecchiette with Broccolini
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Perfection Fresh Ingredients: 500g orecchiette pasta Table salt for pasta water 2 heads broccolini, cut into small pieces, use stalk as well 4 birds eye chilli, sliced finely 5 cloves garlic, chopped 4...
Okonomiyaki (Japanese Pancake)
Ingredients: ½ of a Wombok Cabbage (Shredded ) 3 Carrots (2 grated & 1 julienned) Daikon (julienned) - optional 3 eggs 1 cup of Corn Flour Spring Onions (Chopped) Mint Black & White Sesame Seeds Caster Sugar White Vinegar Kewpie Hoisin Chilli - optional Fried...