Steak with Pepper SauceMatt Sinclair
- 2 x 250g T-bone or Rump steak
- Sea salt
- 2 Tbsp Olive oil
- 2 Tbsp Butter
- 1 brown onion, diced
- 2-3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tsp dried chilli flakes
- 2 tsp dried mixed herbs
- 40 ‘twists’ cracked black pepper
- 2 chicken stock cubes, crumbled
- 2-3 Tbsp oyster sauce
- ¼ cup chopped parsley
- 2 spring onion, finely chopped
- 100ml cream
- Preheat a BBQ grill or hotplate on high.
- Remove the steak from the fridge at least 30 minutes before cooking. Season both sides generously with sea salt. BBQ the steak to your personal preference – avoid moving it once it is on the hot plate and turn once. Transfer to a plate and keep warm while it rests for half of the cooking time.
- In the meantime, heat the olive oil and butter in a pan over a medium-high heat until shimmering and foaming. Add the onion and garlic and fry off, moving often for about a minute before adding the chilli flakes, herbs, pepper and stock cube powder. Toss through to combine and cook for another minute. Pour over the oyster sauce and mix together. Cook for a few minutes to reduce a little.
- Remove from the heat and toss through the parsley and spring onions. Pour in the cream and whisk to combine. Return to a lower heat for a minute to warm through. Adjust to taste.
- Serve the steak whole as individual meals, or slice and serve on a shar platter. Spoon over the pepper sauce and serve hot.
Our friends at Wine Selectors suggest pairing this dish with a Cabernet Shiraz Blend.
Ingredients: 4 Spicy Italian Sausages Packet of Farfalle Pasta 1 Leek 1 Carrot 1 Onion 2 Garlic 2 cups Shredded Cabbage 1 Chopped Silver Beet 1 400gm Tinned Beans 1 tsp Cumin powder 1 tsp Coriander powder 1tsp Paprika powder 2 tbsp Tomato Paste Stock of your choice...
This recipe is brought to you by our friends at Asian InspirationsIngredients:Serves: 8 Prep Time: 10 mins Cook Time: 15 mins Main Ingredients: 1 packet rice paper 150g rice vermicelli noodles 1 bunch coriander 1 bunch Thai basil 1 bunch mint 1 bunch garlic chives 1⁄4...
Ingredients: 2 puff pastry sheets 2 Tbsp vegemite 2 cups cheddar cheese grated Method: Spread vegemite over pastry sheets and top with cheese. Lightly roll each pastry up into a log and cut each log into 8 slices. Place 4 slices (sliced side up) in each Sunbeam Pie...
Ingredients: Chicken Thigh mince 1 egg Bread soaked in milk Grated parmesan Chopped parsely Spaghetti Breadcrumbs Salt & Pepper Sauce Celery Carrot Onion Olive oil Bay lead 2 tins of whole or chopped tomatoes Method: In a mixing bowl add in your chicken thigh...
Ingredients: 1 cup vegetable oil 1 cinnamon stick 3 star anise 2 tbs schizuan peppercorns 2 bay leaves 1/4 cup crushed red chilli/pepper flakes Method: In a small pot, heat the oil with the all the spices, bar the chilli flakes, on a low to medium heat for about 20...
Ingredients: 500g of kingfish or snapper fillets, skin off Juice from 6 limes 1 ripped mango 1 medium Lebanese cucumber 1/4 red onion Juice from 1 orange 1 jalapeño chilli 1 small yellow capsicum 10 mint leaves Salt and pepper to taste 200g corn tortillas chips...