Tom Yum MusselsMatt Sinclair
Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Wine Selectors
- 1 Litre Chicken stock
- 3 stalks lemongrass, white part only, bruised
- 1-inch piece Galangal, thinly sliced
- 4 kaffir lime leaves, torn
- 3 green Birdseye chillies, chopped
- 2 Golden shallots (eschalot), peeled and sliced
- 1 punnet cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2cm fresh turmeric, finely sliced
- 2kg Mussels, cleaned/debearded
- 1-2 Tbsp fish sauce, to taste
- 2-4 Tbsp lime juice, to taste
- 1 bunch fresh coriander stems and leaves, roughly chopped (cleaned coriander root can be added to the stock in step one)
- Place the stock, lemongrass, galangal, kaffir lime leaves, chillies, shallots, cherry tomatoes and turmeric into a large pot over a medium heat and bring to a light boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for 10-15 minutes to infuse the flavours. Season to taste with fish sauce and lime juice.
- Place a larger pot or wok over a high heat. When the wok is very hot, add the cleaned mussels and cover with a lid to steam for about 20 seconds. Take the lid off and pour the hot broth over the mussels straight away. Taste and adjust seasoning if required. *Be careful not to over salt the broth with fish sauce initially as there will be some salt water released from the mussels.
- Divide into serving bowls and garnish with fresh coriander. Serve immediately.
Our friends at Wine Selectors suggest pairing this dish with a Gewurztraminer.
Ingredients: 4 Spicy Italian Sausages Packet of Farfalle Pasta 1 Leek 1 Carrot 1 Onion 2 Garlic 2 cups Shredded Cabbage 1 Chopped Silver Beet 1 400gm Tinned Beans 1 tsp Cumin powder 1 tsp Coriander powder 1tsp Paprika powder 2 tbsp Tomato Paste Stock of your choice...
This recipe is brought to you by our friends at Asian InspirationsIngredients:Serves: 8 Prep Time: 10 mins Cook Time: 15 mins Main Ingredients: 1 packet rice paper 150g rice vermicelli noodles 1 bunch coriander 1 bunch Thai basil 1 bunch mint 1 bunch garlic chives 1⁄4...
Ingredients: 2 puff pastry sheets 2 Tbsp vegemite 2 cups cheddar cheese grated Method: Spread vegemite over pastry sheets and top with cheese. Lightly roll each pastry up into a log and cut each log into 8 slices. Place 4 slices (sliced side up) in each Sunbeam Pie...
Ingredients: Chicken Thigh mince 1 egg Bread soaked in milk Grated parmesan Chopped parsely Spaghetti Breadcrumbs Salt & Pepper Sauce Celery Carrot Onion Olive oil Bay lead 2 tins of whole or chopped tomatoes Method: In a mixing bowl add in your chicken thigh...
Ingredients: 1 cup vegetable oil 1 cinnamon stick 3 star anise 2 tbs schizuan peppercorns 2 bay leaves 1/4 cup crushed red chilli/pepper flakes Method: In a small pot, heat the oil with the all the spices, bar the chilli flakes, on a low to medium heat for about 20...
Ingredients: 500g of kingfish or snapper fillets, skin off Juice from 6 limes 1 ripped mango 1 medium Lebanese cucumber 1/4 red onion Juice from 1 orange 1 jalapeño chilli 1 small yellow capsicum 10 mint leaves Salt and pepper to taste 200g corn tortillas chips...