- 1 Tbsp cumin seeds
- 1 Tbsp coriander seeds
- 2 Tbsp toasted sesame seeds
- 2 Tbsp sumac
- 1 tsp paprika
- 2 Tbsp dried oregano
- 1 Tbsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp cracked pepper
- Dry roast the cumin and coriander seeds over a low-medium heat until toasted and fragrant. Transfer to a mortar and pestle or spice grinder and grind into a powder.
- Transfer to a bowl along with remaining ingredients, mix to combine well and season to taste.
- Keep in an air-tight jar for up to about 1 month.
- Zataar is very versatile, and variations are endless.
- Use Zataar in salads, on roasted meat or vegetables, as part of a mezze/cheese platter with olive oil and crusty bread, added to labneh or hummus and serve with pita bread or crudites, or mix with a bit of oil and spread over toasted flatbreads.
Ingredients: Hard Cheese Soft Cheese Blue Cheese 1 baguette A bunch of Green Grapes Honeycomb Salami (sliced) Smoked Salmon Dip Artisan Crackers Beetroot dip Poppy Seed Skordalia Dip Dukkah Stuffed Bell Peppers Marinated Olives (pitted) Method: There are no rules or...
Ingredients: 700g sprouts (500g trimmed whole, 200g thinly sliced) 3 garlic cloves, crushed 100g kale, thinly shredded 1 red onion, thinly sliced 150ml olive oil 3 lemons, juiced 2 anchovies in oil, chopped 2 tbsp wholegrain mustard 80g hazelnuts, toasted and...
Ingredients: 1 tbsp sea salt flakes 1 tbsp cracked black pepper 8 cleaned squid tubes, thinly sliced Vegetable oil, for deep-frying 1 cup self-raising flour ½ cup mayonnaise Lemon wedges, to serve Method: Place the salt and pepper in a large bowl and mix to combine....
Serves 4 Ingredients: 2 sheets frozen puff pastry, thawed and halved 500g fresh ricotta 8 slices prosciutto 2 tbsp white balsamic vinegar 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil Sea salt and cracked black pepper 6 zucchini flowers, halved and stamens removed, or 1 zucchini,...
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Perfection Fresh Ingredients: 500g orecchiette pasta Table salt for pasta water 2 heads broccolini, cut into small pieces, use stalk as well 4 birds eye chilli, sliced finely 5 cloves garlic, chopped 4...
Ingredients: ½ of a Wombok Cabbage (Shredded ) 3 Carrots (2 grated & 1 julienned) Daikon (julienned) - optional 3 eggs 1 cup of Corn Flour Spring Onions (Chopped) Mint Black & White Sesame Seeds Caster Sugar White Vinegar Kewpie Hoisin Chilli - optional Fried...