- 1 Tbsp cumin seeds
- 1 Tbsp coriander seeds
- 2 Tbsp toasted sesame seeds
- 2 Tbsp sumac
- 1 tsp paprika
- 2 Tbsp dried oregano
- 1 Tbsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp cracked pepper
- Dry roast the cumin and coriander seeds over a low-medium heat until toasted and fragrant. Transfer to a mortar and pestle or spice grinder and grind into a powder.
- Transfer to a bowl along with remaining ingredients, mix to combine well and season to taste.
- Keep in an air-tight jar for up to about 1 month.
- Zataar is very versatile, and variations are endless.
- Use Zataar in salads, on roasted meat or vegetables, as part of a mezze/cheese platter with olive oil and crusty bread, added to labneh or hummus and serve with pita bread or crudites, or mix with a bit of oil and spread over toasted flatbreads.
Ingredients: Serves: 2-4 2 x 250g T-bone or Rump steak Sea salt 2 Tbsp Olive oil 2 Tbsp Butter 1 brown onion, diced 2-3 cloves garlic, finely chopped 1 tsp dried chilli flakes 2 tsp dried mixed herbs 40 ‘twists’ cracked black pepper 2 chicken stock cubes, crumbled 2-3...
Ingredients: Crown Pumpkin (or similar) Pumpkin Puree: 250g Pumpkin seeds 100g Miso 500g Spanish Onion 100g Butter Method: Pumpkin Puree: Roast pumpkin seeds at 200 degrees until golden Sweat down onions in butter until nice and golden Once all cooked blitz together...
Ingredients: 1kg pork mince 1 brown onion, finely diced 2 cloves garlic, finely diced 1 cup grated parmigiano cheese 1 egg 1/2 cup fresh breadcrumbs Plain flour, for dusting White Wine Sauce: 2 cups white wine 1 bunch sage leaves 2 sprigs of rosemary 2 bay leaves 6...
Ingredients: Serves: 4-6 500g beef mince 3 lemongrass stalks, white part only, grated 3 spring onions, white and green separated, each finely chopped 1 large clove garlic, grated ½ cup chopped coriander (stems included) 1 Tbsp fish sauce 1 Tbsp caster sugar 1 tsp salt...
Ingredients: Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Wine Selectors Serves: 4 Four quails 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and finely chopped 6-8 leaves of sage, finely chopped Sea salt and cracked pepper 8 strips smoky pancetta Olive oil Lemon halves for...
Ingredients: Serves: 4 2 tablespoon olive oil 3 garlic cloves, crushed 500g chicken breast, whole 1 brown onion, finely diced 1 cup dry white wine 1 cup cream 2 tablespoons tarragon, coarsely chopped 1 teaspoon cornflour serve with steamed rice and blanched broccolini...