- 1 Tbsp cumin seeds
- 1 Tbsp coriander seeds
- 2 Tbsp toasted sesame seeds
- 2 Tbsp sumac
- 1 tsp paprika
- 2 Tbsp dried oregano
- 1 Tbsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp cracked pepper
- Dry roast the cumin and coriander seeds over a low-medium heat until toasted and fragrant. Transfer to a mortar and pestle or spice grinder and grind into a powder.
- Transfer to a bowl along with remaining ingredients, mix to combine well and season to taste.
- Keep in an air-tight jar for up to about 1 month.
- Zataar is very versatile, and variations are endless.
- Use Zataar in salads, on roasted meat or vegetables, as part of a mezze/cheese platter with olive oil and crusty bread, added to labneh or hummus and serve with pita bread or crudites, or mix with a bit of oil and spread over toasted flatbreads.
Ingredients: 500g fresh broad beans, in their pods 3–4 small fennel bulbs 250g frozen peas, thawed and rinsed 1 red onion, finely sliced 1 cup dill, finely chopped 1⁄2 bunch mint, finely chopped, plus extra whole leaves to garnish 1⁄2 bunch flat-leaf parsley, finely...
Ingredients: Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Let's Go Motorhomes Romesco Sauce: 4 large red peppers 2 garlic cloves 150g ground almonds 100g sun-dried tomatoes in oil 100ml extra virgin olive oil 20ml apple cider vinegar 1 tbsp smoked paprika 1...
Ingredients: Serves: 2-4 1 cup Vegetable oil 4 eggs 3 lap cheong sausages, thinly sliced 2 Tbsp XO Sauce 100gm cherry tomatoes, halved ½ red onion, thinly sliced 1 green chilli, thinly sliced ½ cup coriander, roughly chopped Method: Heat oil in a wok over a...
Ingredients: ½ cup dried scallops ½ cup dried shrimp 300ml Shaoxing wine 6 long red chillies, roughly chopped 2 inch piece ginger, peeled, roughly chopped 1 head garlic (10-12 cloves), peeled, roughly chopped 2 large red shallots, roughly chopped 1 large rasher bacon,...
Ingredients: Filling: 1 bunch silverbeet, chopped finely 500g ricotta 1 egg 50g grated parmigiano cheese Sea salt Freshly cracked black pepper 1/3 nutmeg grated Sugo: 2 x 400g tins chopped tomatoes 1 brown onion, finely diced 1 garlic clove, finely chopped 1 long red...
Ingredients: 100g butter 200g finely grated pecorino cheese Salt Black pepper, freshly ground Pasta Dough: 100g semolina flour 100g plain flour 80ml - 100ml water Pinch of salt Method: Make the pasta dough and allow it to rest for 20 minutes. Cut the dough into long...