- 1 Tbsp cumin seeds
- 1 Tbsp coriander seeds
- 2 Tbsp toasted sesame seeds
- 2 Tbsp sumac
- 1 tsp paprika
- 2 Tbsp dried oregano
- 1 Tbsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp cracked pepper
- Dry roast the cumin and coriander seeds over a low-medium heat until toasted and fragrant. Transfer to a mortar and pestle or spice grinder and grind into a powder.
- Transfer to a bowl along with remaining ingredients, mix to combine well and season to taste.
- Keep in an air-tight jar for up to about 1 month.
- Zataar is very versatile, and variations are endless.
- Use Zataar in salads, on roasted meat or vegetables, as part of a mezze/cheese platter with olive oil and crusty bread, added to labneh or hummus and serve with pita bread or crudites, or mix with a bit of oil and spread over toasted flatbreads.
Vietnamese Rice Paper Rolls
This recipe is brought to you by our friends at Asian InspirationsIngredients:Serves: 8 Prep Time: 10 mins Cook Time: 15 mins Main Ingredients: 1 packet rice paper 150g rice vermicelli noodles 1 bunch coriander 1 bunch Thai basil 1 bunch mint 1 bunch garlic chives 1⁄4...
Vegemite and Cheese Scrolls
Ingredients: 2 puff pastry sheets 2 Tbsp vegemite 2 cups cheddar cheese grated Method: Spread vegemite over pastry sheets and top with cheese. Lightly roll each pastry up into a log and cut each log into 8 slices. Place 4 slices (sliced side up) in each Sunbeam Pie...
Laura’s Mum’s Meatball Pasta
Ingredients: Chicken Thigh mince 1 egg Bread soaked in milk Grated parmesan Chopped parsely Spaghetti Breadcrumbs Salt & Pepper Sauce Celery Carrot Onion Olive oil Bay lead 2 tins of whole or chopped tomatoes Method: In a mixing bowl add in your chicken thigh...
Crispy Chilli Oil
Ingredients: 1 cup vegetable oil 1 cinnamon stick 3 star anise 2 tbs schizuan peppercorns 2 bay leaves 1/4 cup crushed red chilli/pepper flakes Method: In a small pot, heat the oil with the all the spices, bar the chilli flakes, on a low to medium heat for about 20...
Ingredients: 500g of kingfish or snapper fillets, skin off Juice from 6 limes 1 ripped mango 1 medium Lebanese cucumber 1/4 red onion Juice from 1 orange 1 jalapeño chilli 1 small yellow capsicum 10 mint leaves Salt and pepper to taste 200g corn tortillas chips...
Special Fried Rice
Ingredients: 60 ml (¼ cup) peanut oil 4 green king prawns, peeled, cleaned and roughly chopped 2 eggs, lightly beaten 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped 2 tsp finely chopped ginger 150 gm Chinese-style barbecue pork char siu roughly chopped 555 gm (3 cups) cooked rice 1...