Baked Salmon Tahini 3 WaysNaheda Hassan
- 200g Salmon with skin
- 1 Cos lettuce firm
- Olive oil
- Garlic crushed ( approx 1 bulb )
- Lemon x3
- 200g White Tahini (100g for each)
- 100g Black Tahini
- ½ bunch parsley
- ½ tsp Paprika
- Place salmon, skin side up. Drizzle with oil – rub salt on skin
- Heat a medium, non stick frying pan over medium heat. Add salmon, skin side down. Cook for 4-5 minutes or until skin is crisp. Turn and cook until just cooked through, or as desired
- Cut cos lettuce in half longways, brush flat side with olive oil.
- Sear in pan faced down with desired tahini dip
- In a food processor or a bowl , combine tahini, lemon juice and garlic. Mix while adding the water as you are combining the ingredients, to desired texture.
- Remove from processor if using one and scoop into separate small bowls and add paprika for red tahini, finley minced parsley for green tahini or any desired flavour.
- Serve immediately, or store Tahini in refrigerator for upto a week in an airtight container
Vietnamese Rice Paper Rolls
This recipe is brought to you by our friends at Asian InspirationsIngredients:Serves: 8 Prep Time: 10 mins Cook Time: 15 mins Main Ingredients: 1 packet rice paper 150g rice vermicelli noodles 1 bunch coriander 1 bunch Thai basil 1 bunch mint 1 bunch garlic chives 1⁄4...
Vegemite and Cheese Scrolls
Ingredients: 2 puff pastry sheets 2 Tbsp vegemite 2 cups cheddar cheese grated Method: Spread vegemite over pastry sheets and top with cheese. Lightly roll each pastry up into a log and cut each log into 8 slices. Place 4 slices (sliced side up) in each Sunbeam Pie...
Laura’s Mum’s Meatball Pasta
Ingredients: Chicken Thigh mince 1 egg Bread soaked in milk Grated parmesan Chopped parsely Spaghetti Breadcrumbs Salt & Pepper Sauce Celery Carrot Onion Olive oil Bay lead 2 tins of whole or chopped tomatoes Method: In a mixing bowl add in your chicken thigh...
Crispy Chilli Oil
Ingredients: 1 cup vegetable oil 1 cinnamon stick 3 star anise 2 tbs schizuan peppercorns 2 bay leaves 1/4 cup crushed red chilli/pepper flakes Method: In a small pot, heat the oil with the all the spices, bar the chilli flakes, on a low to medium heat for about 20...
Ingredients: 500g of kingfish or snapper fillets, skin off Juice from 6 limes 1 ripped mango 1 medium Lebanese cucumber 1/4 red onion Juice from 1 orange 1 jalapeño chilli 1 small yellow capsicum 10 mint leaves Salt and pepper to taste 200g corn tortillas chips...
Special Fried Rice
Ingredients: 60 ml (¼ cup) peanut oil 4 green king prawns, peeled, cleaned and roughly chopped 2 eggs, lightly beaten 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped 2 tsp finely chopped ginger 150 gm Chinese-style barbecue pork char siu roughly chopped 555 gm (3 cups) cooked rice 1...