BBQ Lamb Cutlets with a Cannellini Bean, Tarragon and Pea Cress SaladTobie Puttock
- 12 lamb cutlets
- Small handful freshly picked rosemary
- 1 ½ cups drained cannellini beans (tinned are fine)
- ¼ cup freshly picked tarragon
- ½ cup flat leaf parsley, roughly chopped
- 1 small Spanish onion, peeled and finely sliced
- 1 cup blanched peas
- Juice of 1 large lemon
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Sea salt and cracked pepper
- Good handful of pea cress (optional)
- Preheat the BBQ or grill plate to a medium/ high heat.
- Pop the cutlets and the rosemary into a mixing bowl with a pinch of salt, pepper, a splash of extra virgin olive oil and a squeeze of lemon juice and toss to combine. Allow the cutlets to marinate for around 20 minutes. Place onto the grill or BBQ for 3 minutes each side, remove to a plate and allow to rest.
- While the lamb is resting, bring together the drained cannellini beans, tarragon, sliced Spanish onion, peas, lemon juice, a good splash of extra virgin olive oil along with a pinch of sea salt and cracked pepper and gently toss to combine.
- Arrange the rested lamb on a plate with the dressed bean salad and some pea cress scattered around the plate.
Our friends at Wine Selectors suggest pairing this dish with a Sauvignon Blanc.
Ingredients: 500g fresh broad beans, in their pods 3–4 small fennel bulbs 250g frozen peas, thawed and rinsed 1 red onion, finely sliced 1 cup dill, finely chopped 1⁄2 bunch mint, finely chopped, plus extra whole leaves to garnish 1⁄2 bunch flat-leaf parsley, finely...
Ingredients: Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Let's Go Motorhomes Romesco Sauce: 4 large red peppers 2 garlic cloves 150g ground almonds 100g sun-dried tomatoes in oil 100ml extra virgin olive oil 20ml apple cider vinegar 1 tbsp smoked paprika 1...
Ingredients: Serves: 2-4 1 cup Vegetable oil 4 eggs 3 lap cheong sausages, thinly sliced 2 Tbsp XO Sauce 100gm cherry tomatoes, halved ½ red onion, thinly sliced 1 green chilli, thinly sliced ½ cup coriander, roughly chopped Method: Heat oil in a wok over a...
Ingredients: ½ cup dried scallops ½ cup dried shrimp 300ml Shaoxing wine 6 long red chillies, roughly chopped 2 inch piece ginger, peeled, roughly chopped 1 head garlic (10-12 cloves), peeled, roughly chopped 2 large red shallots, roughly chopped 1 large rasher bacon,...
Ingredients: Filling: 1 bunch silverbeet, chopped finely 500g ricotta 1 egg 50g grated parmigiano cheese Sea salt Freshly cracked black pepper 1/3 nutmeg grated Sugo: 2 x 400g tins chopped tomatoes 1 brown onion, finely diced 1 garlic clove, finely chopped 1 long red...
Ingredients: 100g butter 200g finely grated pecorino cheese Salt Black pepper, freshly ground Pasta Dough: 100g semolina flour 100g plain flour 80ml - 100ml water Pinch of salt Method: Make the pasta dough and allow it to rest for 20 minutes. Cut the dough into long...