BBQ Lamb Cutlets with a Cannellini Bean, Tarragon and Pea Cress SaladTobie Puttock
- 12 lamb cutlets
- Small handful freshly picked rosemary
- 1 ½ cups drained cannellini beans (tinned are fine)
- ¼ cup freshly picked tarragon
- ½ cup flat leaf parsley, roughly chopped
- 1 small Spanish onion, peeled and finely sliced
- 1 cup blanched peas
- Juice of 1 large lemon
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Sea salt and cracked pepper
- Good handful of pea cress (optional)
- Preheat the BBQ or grill plate to a medium/ high heat.
- Pop the cutlets and the rosemary into a mixing bowl with a pinch of salt, pepper, a splash of extra virgin olive oil and a squeeze of lemon juice and toss to combine. Allow the cutlets to marinate for around 20 minutes. Place onto the grill or BBQ for 3 minutes each side, remove to a plate and allow to rest.
- While the lamb is resting, bring together the drained cannellini beans, tarragon, sliced Spanish onion, peas, lemon juice, a good splash of extra virgin olive oil along with a pinch of sea salt and cracked pepper and gently toss to combine.
- Arrange the rested lamb on a plate with the dressed bean salad and some pea cress scattered around the plate.
Our friends at Wine Selectors suggest pairing this dish with a Sauvignon Blanc.
Ingredients: Hard Cheese Soft Cheese Blue Cheese 1 baguette A bunch of Green Grapes Honeycomb Salami (sliced) Smoked Salmon Dip Artisan Crackers Beetroot dip Poppy Seed Skordalia Dip Dukkah Stuffed Bell Peppers Marinated Olives (pitted) Method: There are no rules or...
Ingredients: 700g sprouts (500g trimmed whole, 200g thinly sliced) 3 garlic cloves, crushed 100g kale, thinly shredded 1 red onion, thinly sliced 150ml olive oil 3 lemons, juiced 2 anchovies in oil, chopped 2 tbsp wholegrain mustard 80g hazelnuts, toasted and...
Ingredients: 1 tbsp sea salt flakes 1 tbsp cracked black pepper 8 cleaned squid tubes, thinly sliced Vegetable oil, for deep-frying 1 cup self-raising flour ½ cup mayonnaise Lemon wedges, to serve Method: Place the salt and pepper in a large bowl and mix to combine....
Serves 4 Ingredients: 2 sheets frozen puff pastry, thawed and halved 500g fresh ricotta 8 slices prosciutto 2 tbsp white balsamic vinegar 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil Sea salt and cracked black pepper 6 zucchini flowers, halved and stamens removed, or 1 zucchini,...
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Perfection Fresh Ingredients: 500g orecchiette pasta Table salt for pasta water 2 heads broccolini, cut into small pieces, use stalk as well 4 birds eye chilli, sliced finely 5 cloves garlic, chopped 4...
Ingredients: ½ of a Wombok Cabbage (Shredded ) 3 Carrots (2 grated & 1 julienned) Daikon (julienned) - optional 3 eggs 1 cup of Corn Flour Spring Onions (Chopped) Mint Black & White Sesame Seeds Caster Sugar White Vinegar Kewpie Hoisin Chilli - optional Fried...