BBQ Prawns with Peach and Avocado SaladBen O'Donoghue
Serves 4 as a starter
- 16 large green prawns – peeled tail on
- 2 lemongrass stems , chopped white part only (reserve the top part for later)
- 4 kaffir lime leaves, roughly chopped
- 2 long red chills roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Sea salt
- 80ml coconut cream
- 1 Ripe Hass avocado
- 3 white peaches
- 1 cup fresh mint , leaves picked
- ½ cup coriander leaves washed and roughly chopped
- 3 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive oil
- Juice of one lime
- Salt and Pepper
- Preheat the BBQ to medium high. Place the lemongrass, lime leaves, chilli oil and a pinch of salt in a small blender. Pulse until finely chopped.
- Toss the prawns in the marinade, the set aside in the fridge for an hour
- Prepare the salad by dicing the avocado and peaches in the same size pieces, gently toss in the fresh herbs then drizzle with extra virgin, lemon juice then season with salt and pepper
- Place the prawns onto the preheated BBQ, grill for 3 minutes then baste with the coconut cream using the lemongrass top as a brush. Turn over and cook for another minute on the other side and baste again, when cooked remove from heat
- Serve the prawns on their sticks with the salad on the side
Ingredients: 4 Spicy Italian Sausages Packet of Farfalle Pasta 1 Leek 1 Carrot 1 Onion 2 Garlic 2 cups Shredded Cabbage 1 Chopped Silver Beet 1 400gm Tinned Beans 1 tsp Cumin powder 1 tsp Coriander powder 1tsp Paprika powder 2 tbsp Tomato Paste Stock of your choice...
This recipe is brought to you by our friends at Asian InspirationsIngredients:Serves: 8 Prep Time: 10 mins Cook Time: 15 mins Main Ingredients: 1 packet rice paper 150g rice vermicelli noodles 1 bunch coriander 1 bunch Thai basil 1 bunch mint 1 bunch garlic chives 1⁄4...
Ingredients: 2 puff pastry sheets 2 Tbsp vegemite 2 cups cheddar cheese grated Method: Spread vegemite over pastry sheets and top with cheese. Lightly roll each pastry up into a log and cut each log into 8 slices. Place 4 slices (sliced side up) in each Sunbeam Pie...
Ingredients: Chicken Thigh mince 1 egg Bread soaked in milk Grated parmesan Chopped parsely Spaghetti Breadcrumbs Salt & Pepper Sauce Celery Carrot Onion Olive oil Bay lead 2 tins of whole or chopped tomatoes Method: In a mixing bowl add in your chicken thigh...
Ingredients: 1 cup vegetable oil 1 cinnamon stick 3 star anise 2 tbs schizuan peppercorns 2 bay leaves 1/4 cup crushed red chilli/pepper flakes Method: In a small pot, heat the oil with the all the spices, bar the chilli flakes, on a low to medium heat for about 20...
Ingredients: 500g of kingfish or snapper fillets, skin off Juice from 6 limes 1 ripped mango 1 medium Lebanese cucumber 1/4 red onion Juice from 1 orange 1 jalapeño chilli 1 small yellow capsicum 10 mint leaves Salt and pepper to taste 200g corn tortillas chips...