BBQ Prawns with Peach and Avocado SaladBen O'Donoghue
Serves 4 as a starter
- 16 large green prawns – peeled tail on
- 2 lemongrass stems , chopped white part only (reserve the top part for later)
- 4 kaffir lime leaves, roughly chopped
- 2 long red chills roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Sea salt
- 80ml coconut cream
- 1 Ripe Hass avocado
- 3 white peaches
- 1 cup fresh mint , leaves picked
- ½ cup coriander leaves washed and roughly chopped
- 3 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive oil
- Juice of one lime
- Salt and Pepper
- Preheat the BBQ to medium high. Place the lemongrass, lime leaves, chilli oil and a pinch of salt in a small blender. Pulse until finely chopped.
- Toss the prawns in the marinade, the set aside in the fridge for an hour
- Prepare the salad by dicing the avocado and peaches in the same size pieces, gently toss in the fresh herbs then drizzle with extra virgin, lemon juice then season with salt and pepper
- Place the prawns onto the preheated BBQ, grill for 3 minutes then baste with the coconut cream using the lemongrass top as a brush. Turn over and cook for another minute on the other side and baste again, when cooked remove from heat
- Serve the prawns on their sticks with the salad on the side
Ingredients: 250g fresh pasta 3 large free range eggs 40g parmigiano cheese 150g smoked pancetta / guanciale Sea salt flakes Black pepper Method: In a mixing bowl, whisk the eggs, parmigiano cheese, salt and pepper. In the meantime, place the diced pancetta into a fry...
Ingredients: Makes 12-24 Leftover Lasagne ¼ cup plain flour 2 eggs 1-2 cups Panko crumbs Anchovy Mayonnaise 1 large egg yolk 1 tsp Dijon mustard ½ tsp lemon zest 2 Tbsp lemon juice 1 cup light extra virgin olive oil 6-7 anchovy fillets in oil, drained, finely chopped...
Ingredients: This recipe is brought to you by our friends at Asian Inspirations Serves 2 240g cabbage (finely chopped) 80g spring onion (finely chopped) 160g squid tube (finely chopped) 3 tbsp vegetable oil Batter: 120g plain flour 1 tsp baking powder 4 eggs 2 tsp...
Ingredients: 2 brown onion, finely diced 2 garlic cloves, chopped 2 carrots, finely diced 2 celery sticks, finely diced 100g pancetta, finely diced 4 x 400g tins chopped tomatoes 4 fresh bay leaves 1 sprig rosemary, finely chopped 1/4 bunch sage, finely chopped 150g...
Ingredients: 110g Safcol Sardines in Springwater, drained 2 tbsp oil 1 clove garlic, sliced 2 slices ginger, julienned 2 spring onions, cut to 2cm lengths 1 tbsp brandy (you may substitute this with Chinese cooking wine) 2 tsp black bean sauce (available in the Asian...
Ingredients: Makes 500ml 500g Red chilli 125g Red onion 25g garlic cloves 250ml lime juice 125ml fish sauce 125g sugar caster 50ml soy sauce 50ml rice vinegar Method: Blitz red chilli, onion and garlic in the robo-coup on pulse setting, it should still be quite coarse...