BBQ Prawns with Peach and Avocado SaladBen O'Donoghue
Serves 4 as a starter
- 16 large green prawns – peeled tail on
- 2 lemongrass stems , chopped white part only (reserve the top part for later)
- 4 kaffir lime leaves, roughly chopped
- 2 long red chills roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Sea salt
- 80ml coconut cream
- 1 Ripe Hass avocado
- 3 white peaches
- 1 cup fresh mint , leaves picked
- ½ cup coriander leaves washed and roughly chopped
- 3 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive oil
- Juice of one lime
- Salt and Pepper
- Preheat the BBQ to medium high. Place the lemongrass, lime leaves, chilli oil and a pinch of salt in a small blender. Pulse until finely chopped.
- Toss the prawns in the marinade, the set aside in the fridge for an hour
- Prepare the salad by dicing the avocado and peaches in the same size pieces, gently toss in the fresh herbs then drizzle with extra virgin, lemon juice then season with salt and pepper
- Place the prawns onto the preheated BBQ, grill for 3 minutes then baste with the coconut cream using the lemongrass top as a brush. Turn over and cook for another minute on the other side and baste again, when cooked remove from heat
- Serve the prawns on their sticks with the salad on the side
Ingredients: Serves 4 12 eggs, best quality you can afford 150ml sparkling water 2 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan Sea salt and freshly cracked pepper 20g butter 4 thick slices of sourdough, toasted/charred Method: Mix together the eggs, sparkling water, parmesan...
Ingredients: Serves 4 500gm field mushroom finely chopped 2 cups green olives 1/4 bunch mint 1/4 bunch flat-leaf parsley 100gm ricotta cheese fresh Lemon juice and zest 1 clove of garlic 2 fresh red chillies Olive oil 1-cup thick cream 100gm Parmesan cheese Method: In...
Ingredients: Serves 2 Salad 1/8 Australian Kent pumpkin, skin on 1 tsp Australian extra virgin olive oil Pinch sea salt Cracked black pepper 4 Australian Jerusalem artichokes Handful Australian green beans 4 Australian prunes ¼ cup Australian pecans 2 tbsp goats...
Ingredients: 1.5kg Pork belly strips or ribs Marinade 5 tbsp ABC Sweet Soy Sauce (Kecap Manis) 1 Lime (zested & juiced) 1 Red chilli (chopped) 20g Palm sugar 1 tsp Yeo’s Pure Sesame oil 2 tsp Lemongrass (finely chopped) 1 tbsp Oil Method: Blend all the marinade...
Ingredients: 1kg of chuck, flank, shin or brisket trimmed and cut into 3cm cubes 2 clove of garlic 1 small bunch of thyme 1 tspn of black peppercorns 500ml Guinness or dark ale 8 shallots peeled 1 tbsp vegemite 500gm bought puff pastry 100gm Stilton blue cheese or...
Ingredients: 4-6 streaky pork belly cutlets, skin removed, cutlets cut into strips 5 cm thick Marinade 2 onions, finely chopped 10 garlic cloves, crushed 2 cm piece fresh ginger, finely chopped 250 ml (1 cup) kochujang (Korean chilli paste) 4 tablespoons sugar 2...