BBQ Quail with Pancetta and SageTobie Puttock
- Four quails
- 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and finely chopped
- 6-8 leaves of sage, finely chopped
- Sea salt and cracked pepper
- 8 strips smoky pancetta
- Olive oil
- Lemon halves for serving
- Lentils and salsa verde for serving
- Preheat a BBQ or grill pan to medium/ high.
- Combine the chopped sage and garlic in a mixing bowl.
- Remove the spine using kitchen scissors or a sharp knife and flatten the birds using your hand. Lay them out on a chopping board and cover with the sage and garlic mixture using your hands to rub the mixture in with your hands. Leave to marinate for 20 minutes. Wrap two pieces of pancetta around each quail.
- Brush the quails with a little olive oil and cook on the preheated BBQ for 6-7 minutes each side (depending on size). Once cooked, allow to rest for 5 minutes.
- I love to serve these with lentils and salsa verde.
Our friends at Wine Selectors suggest pairing this dish with a Shiraz Pinot Noir Blend.
Ingredients: Serves: 2-4 2 x 250g T-bone or Rump steak Sea salt 2 Tbsp Olive oil 2 Tbsp Butter 1 brown onion, diced 2-3 cloves garlic, finely chopped 1 tsp dried chilli flakes 2 tsp dried mixed herbs 40 ‘twists’ cracked black pepper 2 chicken stock cubes, crumbled 2-3...
Ingredients: Crown Pumpkin (or similar) Pumpkin Puree: 250g Pumpkin seeds 100g Miso 500g Spanish Onion 100g Butter Method: Pumpkin Puree: Roast pumpkin seeds at 200 degrees until golden Sweat down onions in butter until nice and golden Once all cooked blitz together...
Ingredients: 1kg pork mince 1 brown onion, finely diced 2 cloves garlic, finely diced 1 cup grated parmigiano cheese 1 egg 1/2 cup fresh breadcrumbs Plain flour, for dusting White Wine Sauce: 2 cups white wine 1 bunch sage leaves 2 sprigs of rosemary 2 bay leaves 6...
Ingredients: Serves: 4-6 500g beef mince 3 lemongrass stalks, white part only, grated 3 spring onions, white and green separated, each finely chopped 1 large clove garlic, grated ½ cup chopped coriander (stems included) 1 Tbsp fish sauce 1 Tbsp caster sugar 1 tsp salt...
Ingredients: Serves: 4 2 tablespoon olive oil 3 garlic cloves, crushed 500g chicken breast, whole 1 brown onion, finely diced 1 cup dry white wine 1 cup cream 2 tablespoons tarragon, coarsely chopped 1 teaspoon cornflour serve with steamed rice and blanched broccolini...
Ingredients: Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Velisha Farms 200g Fillet Steak, cooked on a bbq or pan to your liking. 50g peas 50g small broad beans 1 spring onions, thinly sliced Small handful fresh mint leaves, finely chopped Small handful fresh...