BBQ Quail with Pancetta and SageTobie Puttock
- Four quails
- 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and finely chopped
- 6-8 leaves of sage, finely chopped
- Sea salt and cracked pepper
- 8 strips smoky pancetta
- Olive oil
- Lemon halves for serving
- Lentils and salsa verde for serving
- Preheat a BBQ or grill pan to medium/ high.
- Combine the chopped sage and garlic in a mixing bowl.
- Remove the spine using kitchen scissors or a sharp knife and flatten the birds using your hand. Lay them out on a chopping board and cover with the sage and garlic mixture using your hands to rub the mixture in with your hands. Leave to marinate for 20 minutes. Wrap two pieces of pancetta around each quail.
- Brush the quails with a little olive oil and cook on the preheated BBQ for 6-7 minutes each side (depending on size). Once cooked, allow to rest for 5 minutes.
- I love to serve these with lentils and salsa verde.
Our friends at Wine Selectors suggest pairing this dish with a Shiraz Pinot Noir Blend.
Ingredients: Hard Cheese Soft Cheese Blue Cheese 1 baguette A bunch of Green Grapes Honeycomb Salami (sliced) Smoked Salmon Dip Artisan Crackers Beetroot dip Poppy Seed Skordalia Dip Dukkah Stuffed Bell Peppers Marinated Olives (pitted) Method: There are no rules or...
Ingredients: 700g sprouts (500g trimmed whole, 200g thinly sliced) 3 garlic cloves, crushed 100g kale, thinly shredded 1 red onion, thinly sliced 150ml olive oil 3 lemons, juiced 2 anchovies in oil, chopped 2 tbsp wholegrain mustard 80g hazelnuts, toasted and...
Ingredients: 1 tbsp sea salt flakes 1 tbsp cracked black pepper 8 cleaned squid tubes, thinly sliced Vegetable oil, for deep-frying 1 cup self-raising flour ½ cup mayonnaise Lemon wedges, to serve Method: Place the salt and pepper in a large bowl and mix to combine....
Serves 4 Ingredients: 2 sheets frozen puff pastry, thawed and halved 500g fresh ricotta 8 slices prosciutto 2 tbsp white balsamic vinegar 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil Sea salt and cracked black pepper 6 zucchini flowers, halved and stamens removed, or 1 zucchini,...
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Perfection Fresh Ingredients: 500g orecchiette pasta Table salt for pasta water 2 heads broccolini, cut into small pieces, use stalk as well 4 birds eye chilli, sliced finely 5 cloves garlic, chopped 4...
Ingredients: ½ of a Wombok Cabbage (Shredded ) 3 Carrots (2 grated & 1 julienned) Daikon (julienned) - optional 3 eggs 1 cup of Corn Flour Spring Onions (Chopped) Mint Black & White Sesame Seeds Caster Sugar White Vinegar Kewpie Hoisin Chilli - optional Fried...